CHAPTER 44

Fireworks


"Will you marry me ?" The words softly echoed through my ears --- this feels familiar... As if it happened---- a dream ? A DREAM !!!! I opened my eyes immediately with my heart beating fast and i heard something beeping fast too as if my heart is in a speaker.

"Seungyeonnie calm down." I heard Dad's voice and i saw him within my view. My heart slowed down.

"Oppa! Where is he ?!?!?" I panicked again. 

"Im right here." His voice came from the side of my bed, he was sitting on a wheel chair. Even though he has bruises and wounds and  some of his face is blue he still looks beautiful. And with his presence, like a wave of calmness washed over me but seeing him hurt somehow made me sad.

"Are you alright ? " i asked as i caress his face and he leaned towards my hand and kissed it.

"Yes, thanks to you." He said with a sorry face and thats when i recalled everything. I didn't know i was shot, but thankfully they said that it wasn't really serious.

While Oppa and I were out, Mr. Lee was taken to custody and Dad took care of everything, Oppa was supposed to be hospital arrested but Dad defended for him since Dad was the victim. Oppa just have to do community service, thankfully. And well, Minhyuk was the one who saved us so we asked him how he came at the right time. Luckily, when Oppa went to the town to buy food he texted Minhyuk to come and follow and he gave the place, no wonder he came.

How lucky was I that my story didn't end like Romeo and Juliet, how lucky was i to have found such loving family, how lucky was i to have great friends and how lucky was i to have met my Romeo, my Prince Charming, my soulmate, my love of life...
-----
MINHYUK's POV

"Hey Minhyuk, have you seen my watch ?" Jonghyun hyung asked as he frantically ran around his hotel room in his tuxedo shirt.

"Hyung, you just put it in your pocket so you wont forget it." I said as i keep on holding back my laughter. He stopped running around and wore his watch that he fished from his pocket. He walked towards me and i helped him wear his coat. Then got ready to help him tie his necktie.

"I look stupid right ?" He asked as i tie his necktie.

"Aniyo hyung, why do you ask ?" I stepped back as i finished helping him.

"Nevermind. Guess I'm just so nervous."

"It cant be helped."

"This is really it huh? Aihyoooo"

"This is it hyung, the day you've been waiting for"

"This is it." He said and puffed and pulled down his coat. He smiled at me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Thank you Minhyuk ah, if it weren't for you we probably wont be standing here together."

"Thats why I'm your best man hyung hahaha. Lets go ?"

"Lets go." We went out the door.
----------
KRYSTAL's POV

"Yah ! Are you crazy? Why are you crying ?!?!? Yah Jungyeon get some tissue for your sister !" I hugged Seungyeon and she just bursted and cant stop at crying.

"Im s-s-sorry... I- i - i cant s-stop cry-crying" she sobbed.

"You could have cried earlier! You just finished your make up Seungyeon ah !" I said as i hold her at an arm's length. Jungyeon came with a roll of tissue and handed it to Seungyeon. She carefully taps her face not smudging the make up.

"Unnie, should i call for Oppa ?" Seungyeon and i looked at Jungyeon with big eyes then i looked at Seungyeon.

"I -- i dont know." She started sobbing harder and Jungyeon and i panicked, not knowing what to do.

"What is your problem Seungyeonnie ? Hahaha I'm finding you crazy right now and i should be the one crazy !" I joked hoping she would laugh and she smiled while gushing out tears.

"I don't know too! Im crying but i don't know why." She said.

Then a knock came on our door and Jungyeon got it. Mark entered but stopped when he saw Seungyeon crying sitting on the bed.

"Should i just come back later?" Mark said while being flustered.

"Aniyo, she's just having a moment. What is it ?" I said and Mark cam closer to me and tapped my head and looked at Seungyeon.

"Well, Jonghyun is ready to leave. He wanted to check on you but since he said its traditional that he cant see you he sent me instead." Mark said and the moment he finished, Seungyeon's tears gushed out again and Mark was taken aback. He looked at me as if asking if he did something wrong. 

"Dont worry, thats her moment. I guess she's getting the jitters." I said to Mark and his mouth formed an o shape and nodded his head.

"Yah, just call Oppa so he can calm down Unnie." Jungyeon interjected annoyed with her unnie.

"But they're not supposed to see each other." I said.

"Just make them close their eyes or put the door in between, i think she just needs to hear Oppa's assurance." Jungyeon said and i looked at Seungyeon and she nodded.

"Of course, our Jungyeonnie is the smart one." I said and smiled at her, she smiled proudly. I looked at Mark.

"I got it." Then he grabbed his phone and dialed Jonghyun's number. "Hey, i think you have to come up here. No, nothing is wrong and she hasn't run away." We all laughed at what Mark said, Jonghyun must have the jitters too. "Just come up, she's here. Knock first okay. Uhhh." Then Mark hang up and went to the table with the water, he poured a glass of water and handed it to Seungyeon. Somehow Seungyeon calmed down learning that Jonghyun is coming, wow this two really cant live without each other. Aigooo.

A minute later a knock came on the door and Mark opened it slightly and confirmed that it was Jonghyun.

"Stay there, we'll have Seungyeon behind the door, just talk to her. She wont stop crying. You said you don't want to break the tradition so don't peek okay?" Mark said and i supported Seungyeon to the door holding a roll of tissue. Jungyeon was holding her phone up probably recording this moment.
-----
SEUNGYEON's POV

Krystal helped me since I'm already in my gown and walked towards the door with Oppa behind it and i cant stop my tears from falling.

"Shes here" Krystal said. Mark, Krystal and Jungyeon was watching me but i don't find it uncomfortable, these are the people who Oppa and i trust the most in the world.

"Seungyeonnie?" I heard Oppa's voice and emotions rushed into me and something tugged at my heart that it worsened my crying. I dont even know why i am crying !

"O-op- op-oppa." I mumbled and Krystal and Jungyeon both laughed, Mark nodded at Oppa since they can see Oppa and me from where they are standing.

"Yaaaah~, why are you crying?" Oppa said

"I - i dont know o-oppa... What do i do?"

"Are you scared?"

"I- i dont know."

"Well i am scared Seungyeonnie." He confessed and i stopped crying. Completely. Im confused, scared ? Why?

"Why?"

"Oh? You stopped crying?"

"Answer me, why are you scared?" He is not going to run right ? After all we have been through?

"Oh? Uhhh, i dont know Seungyeonnie, but im scared... Good kind of scared."

"What do you mean?"

"It means I'm feeling good that i am scared, because that means i have emotions right? That i am not Mr. Emotionless anymore, that i am not cold face and that i am not a robot? Haha" he joked and i wondere how he knew how i thought of him before. "I am scared that i might go crazy in love with you that you might run away from me. Im scared that you might not show up at the church, I'm scared that you might say no, I'm scared that someone might come and halt the wedding, I'm scared that you might realize that im not the one for you, I'm scared that you might realize you don't love me anymore and thats what scares me the most my love... That you might wake up next to me and tell me you don't love me anymore." He said and it looked like he breathed for an air but i cant help but smile at his words. My tears turned to a smile.

"Oppa, shouldnt i be the one having those fears?" I said light heartedly.

"Well, you should too but--- but you were crying so i said it." Then all of us laughed and i heard Minhyuk's laugh as well, he must be outside with Oppa.

"Aigoo, finish it quickly. We have to retouch Seungyeon's make up." Krystal said and Mark threw her a bear hug so she can stop talking.

"Dont mind her guys, just do what you have to do." Mark said and we smiled.

"No, she's right." Oppa said and i nodded. "Seungyeon ah, give me your hand." Oppa said so i gave my hand and i can see his hand from the other side of the door as he reached for mine. Why am i feeling like this is out of a dream and that this is so romantic ? He held it and squeezed it. "I know that the ceremony is later my love, but i'l just have to say that i cant promise you happiness everyday for the rest of our life, i cant promise you the best life okay? But i can promise you one thing, that you will be my world, you will be my universe and i will only have you to hold and to love. I will even love you even if the day comes that you wont love me anymore. Even when i get mad or you get mad with the life we are going to start together as one i will still love you even if it becomes hard. Got it? So don't run away from me okay?" As he said those words, tears were forming not in my eyes but in Krystal and Jungyeon's eyes. I should have cried also but Ididn't, instead i was just happy, you know that calm happy feeling? Like you just sigh because of being super happy and thankful?

"Oppa, are those your vows already?" I asked

"Aniyo, you better bring a tissue because i'll make you cry with my vows later." He said proudly and we all laughed.

"Arasso, you too." I said then he squeezed my hand and let go. Before we can close the door,

"Mark, stay with them please? Make sure Seungyeon comes to the church safely. You have the biggest mission, i trust you with my world okay?" Oppa said and i blushed at what he said.

"Arasso, just go." Then Mark closed the door. And i relaxed.

"Aigoo, you two just really have to be cheesy right?" Krystal said and i smiled. Then we moved fast, Krystal sat me on the chair and asked the make up artist to fix my face. Then we moved too. To the church.

The last stop, before my happy ever after.
Where i will say 'I do',
Where Oppa will say 'I do' and make me his,
Where i will become Mrs. Lee Seungyeon, wife of Mr. Lee Jonghyun.