Main Ending.

Glad I Met You :)

 

2 years later.

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

"Manager hyung, could we have a break? I'm so tired." Minho shouted from the back.

 

"No, you have another perfomance later, I'm sorry. We have about an hour before it starts, would you guys like some coffee then?"

 

"Well, it's better than nothing." 

 

We were dropped off at a familiar shop, one that I always come to whenever I have no schedules, feel bored, or when I just feel like taking a break. The one that Ae introduced me to, is now my favourite coffee shop. I couldn't remember her name, since she's left for quite long, but her surname - Ae, is somehow still in my head, unforgettable.

 

"Your usual coffee, sir?" The lady who attend to me each time I came asked.

 

I nodded and she proceeded to hand menus to the other members. She took down their orders and resumed her work. The five of us sat together, chatting, although the we were all exhausted due to our performance at Music Bank earlier. It was our promotion week for our new mini-album, so we were extremely busy, our schedules all fully packed.

 

"Your coffee, sir."

 

My cup of coffee was placed in front of me, and the smell was soothingly fragrant. Something felt different about the coffee today. Maybe it was just me, because I haven't come to this shop for around two months or so, since we were busy preparing our mini-album. I brought the cup of coffee close to my lips, and I realized that something was really different about it.

 

The soothing aroma caressed my nasal passages, seeping through my lungs like a silk sheet. My mouth watered as the coffee neared my quivering lips only to be taken in by a desperate yearning in my mouth. Then, the coffee warmed my tingling tongue as it slips through my ever welcoming throat. It felt different, that was sure.

 

"Excuse me." I waved to the lady.

 

"Yes? Is there anything wrong, sir?"

 

I pointed to my cup of coffee. 

 

"The coffee. It feels different."

 

"It doesn't suit you anymore?"

 

"No, no, it's not that. It's different, and better. It wasn't like this before."

 

She smiled.

 

"We just got a new barista. She's a professional indeed. Makes the best coffee in this area, and we're so fortunate to have her here. You enjoyed the new taste of the coffee?"

 

"A new barista?" I mumbled to myself and looked around.

 

It was true, the number of customers who came increased gradually; it looked so packed now, with several customers lining up in front of the counters, ordering coffees.

 

"Would you like to meet her, sir? Tell her your opinions on the new taste? Since you are our regular customer, I guess you have the right to do so."

 

"Oh no, she's probably busy, I wouldn't bother her. Thank you then."

 

She bowed, and then jolted up when her name was called.

 

"Mary-ssi, it's time to switch shifts!" A young lady strode over to our table, mumbling something to the waitress.

 

"Well, you make the best coffee, which is why we're gaining so many customers lately. Oh, and this sir here complimented on the new taste of our coffee."

 

"Really? Thank you-"

 

She stopped talking and I felt her gaze on me. Slowly, I looked up at her. That familiar face... I recognized her.

 

----

 

"Isn't it time for you to switch shifts now?" Joon called from the other end of the counter.

 

"Oh, right. Time to be cleaning tables and taking orders. See you later, Joon."

 

Joon was working with me as a barista at my favorite coffee shop, the one I always go to when I was younger. I was attached to it, and I felt home whenever I was there. Suzy was studying overseas, as she achieved excellent results in her final examinations.

 

"Mary-ssi, it's time to switch shifts!" I removed my apron and strode over to Mary to inform her to hurry up and help Joon. "Gosh, being a barista is fun yet tiring." I mumbled.

 

Mary eonni was talking to some customers, perhaps asking about the coffee. 

 

"Well, you make the best coffee, which is why we're gaining so many customers lately. Oh, and this sir here complimented on the new taste of our coffee."

 

"Really?" I was glad to know that customers liked our coffee. "Thank you-"

 

I stopped and I caught sight of the customer she was talking to. The face that somehow often runs through my mind, although it didn't hurt my heart thinking of him. Kim Jonghyun, lead singer of contemporary band SHINee, a pabo dino. He realized I was staring at him, and looked up at me. Yet my gaze was still on him, admiring those dino-like features once again. It's been a while since I've seen him this close.

 

"It's nice to see you again, Jonghyun." I shook his hand.

 

"Again with the informalities, Eunhee. How have you been these past years?" He asked, smiling.

 

The other SHINee members were huddling together, resting on each other, with tired expressions.

 

"Things are pretty good, I guess. Graduated from high school, working here as a barista. Pretty obvious, isn't it? I heard SHINee is up with a new mini-album? Shan't you all be doing promotions for it? Why are you all here drinking coffee?"

 

"Wow, so many questions in one go, how do I answer them?"

 

I laughed, he was still as humorous. It's been long, Jonghyun oppa.

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

After looking at her, her name suddenly popped up in my mind. Ae Eunhee, that's right. She greeted me informally, like she always did. Meeting her after two years, she really changed a lot. She's grown so much, much prettier and more mature than she was before. It didn't hurt my heart when the memories of us play back in my mind after seeing her again. I guess time does wash away the pain, but never my love for Eunhee.

 

She asked me questions about our new mini-album and I replied them slowly. Then she suddenly made a remark.

 

"I see you haven't changed much Jonghyun-ssi."

 

I grinned.

 

"Still as handsome?" I beamed at her.

 

"No, still as short." She teased, earning a death glare from me.

 

Taemin suddenly rubbed his eyes, as he was resting on Minho's shoulder a while ago.

 

"Shouldn't we be going now, hyung?"

 

"Hi, Taemin." Eunhee smiled.

 

"EUNHEE?" Taemin's expression was priceless. "Why are you here, wow, wait, are you working here?"

 

Taemin was about to give a flying hug to Eunhee but Onew hyung pulled him back.

 

"Now, now, Taemin, we shouldn't interupt people who are busy working. Plus, we really have to go. Manager hyung just texted me saying that he'll be coming in a few more minutes."

 

"I feel so much awake after that cup of coffee. Thanks Eunhee!" Key patted her on the back. "It's so nice to be able to see you again, but we have to go. Perhaps we'll drop by some other time."

 

"Good luck performing later. Don't screw up."

 

"Well, the only thing that might screw it up will be hyung's Onew Condition." Minho laughed.

 

I nudged Eunhee.

 

"Hm?"

 

"Are you free later?"

 

"Oh, are you flirting now, Jonghyun-ssi? I would like you to know that it is now working hours and flirting is not permited."

 

"Pffft. I just wanted you to come see us tonight performing at SBS."

 

"Tonight? Well, I don't know. Joon said he's taking me out for dinner."

 

"Joon? That Lee Joon? Are you two dating?" I wasn't trying to be a busybody but those words just came out of my mouth.

 

She laughed.

 

"No, Joon and I can only stay in the friend zone. We're close, but we're only close friends, just that. I think he has a crush on Suzy though." She whispered the last part. 

 

"Does that mean I have a chance?" I joked.

 

I was really joking. We couldn't have gone back to before anyway, and our lives are so distanced apart, me as a famous international idol, and Eunhee being a barista. I was sure, that feelings could change. 

 

"I don't think so. I currently like this other group call INFINITE, you know? The members are all good looking, especially the visual, Myungsoo, and-"

 

"Okay, okay, shush, now don't fangirl right here. Just come see us tonight, okay?"

 

She nodded.

 

----

 

[At night]

 

"Joon-ah, can I leave first?"

 

"But I thought you said I could treat you for dinner?" 

 

Joon was cleaning the tables.

 

"Well, I decided to go see SHINee perform tonight. Want to tag along?"

 

"No thanks, I'm not fond of being in crowds, unless it's me being the popular one. Wait, does that mean I'm eating alone tonight?"

 

"I'll make it up to you next time, alright?"

 

"Fine." He replied grudgingly.

 

I took a taxi there and was allowed to get a seat, since the SM Entertainment staff knew me, and reserved a special seat for me. The other staff didn't object, since they recognized me as the trainee who couldn't debut due to several reasons.

 

SHINee finally came on stage and I immediately spotted Jonghyun. He scanned the crowd, probably looking for me. Shamelessly, I raised my hand and waved. Taemin saw me and nudged Jonghyun, who sheepishly smiled at me. During their performance, my eyes were only fixed on Jonghyun, being a loyal fan like every other Shawol. When it ended, Jonghyun took one last look at me before going backstage. His smile lighted up the whole world, and I was glad he came into my life. 

 

Kim Jonghyun, you will be the shining star in my heart, for eternity. 

 

I was glad I met you.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

Yes. It's the end. I'm actually quite pleased with the ending, seeing that they've both moved on. I wanted to use this as the main ending, and I'm glad I did. Anyways, there will probablky be a BTS for this chapter. Something like a BTS, I'm not sure. A few more chapters to write, for the alternate endings :))

 

Want to read another ending? Remember, the ending is connected from Chapter 43, 'So Goodbye'. Click here to go back to Chapter 43, or here to go to the 'Choose Your Ending' chapter.