Visiting :)

Glad I Met You :)

 

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of the birds chirping outside. It was already the third day here. I yawned and stretched my arms out wide. I moved my legs but it still hurt. Not as much as the previous days though..

 

"Ah, ah, ouchh." I mumbled to myself.

 

"Oh, you awake?" 

 

Suzy came in, with a paper bag and a few books.

 

"Need help?" I asked instinctively.

 

Suzy chuckled.

 

"You can't get out of bed, Ae. I'm fine."

 

"Oh, right. Why did you bring so many books?"

 

"Ah, I have an examination later, and well, maybe you could read some of these books when you're bored."

 

She passed me a book with a sky blue cover and placed the rest on the table.

 

"I got you some ramen. I'm sorry I couldn't cook anything for you, I was studying late last night!" 

 

"It's alright. Whoa, is this all you learn at school?" I realised how thick the book was.

 

I read a few lines but I couldn't understand a thing. How much have I missed?

 

"How do you.. learn this thing?" I stared at Suzy. "I felt like I've become an idiot since I left school."

 

"No, I'm pretty sure you know the basics. These are the more detailed and difficult ones. I'm sure you know everything Joon is learning. He doesn't go for any extra classes, as you see he prefers playing basketball."

 

"I still feel stupid."

 

"You're not, alright? Anyways, Taemin told me that they'll be visiting you in the afternoon later."

 

Taemin?

 

"They? As in SHINee?"

 

"Duhh. Who else. She did a small eye roll and started studying. 

 

I took the ramen and ate it.

 

----

 

(Taemin's POV)

 

I was pratically bouncing. I've heard from Jonghyun hyung that the trainee would be out in no time. It's great news!

 

So today we're going to visit her. Minho hyung and I made a fruit salad for her. I'm sure she'll like it. Onew hyung bought her chicken. I'm not too sure what Key hyung is going to do, but I heard that Jonghyun hyung might make lunch for her! Keke, I wonder.

 

"Oh, Key hyung!" I stood up at the sight of Key.

 

"Taemin, you ready to leave?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Where's Minho? And Jonghyun and Onew hyung."

 

"I'm ready~" Onew hummed.

 

"I'm here too." Minho was carrying a paper bag.

 

"So there's Jonghyun left."

 

Jonghyun hyung hurried over, an apron draped over him.

 

"You're wearing THAT to the hospital?" Key said with disgust.

 

Minho sniggered.

 

Jonghyun quickly took it off.

 

"Let's go." He said, as he strode pass us.

 

----

 

"Why aren't they here yet?" Suzy seemed flustered.

 

"Suzy, just leave first. Your exams are more important." I smiled.

 

"You take care alright?"

 

I gave an assuring nod. Suzy grabbed her books and ran off.

 

Alone. 

 

Suddenly the doors flung open and I got a big hug from someone I wasn't sure myself. His blonde hair brushed again my face. 

 

Ahh, Taemin.

 

"Taemin!" I shouted in delight.

 

"We got you something." Minho placed a paper bag on the table.

 

Taemin quickly took it out from the paper bag and placed it in front of me.

 

"Ta-da! Healthy fruit salad made by Minho hyung and me!" He said happily.

 

Onew placed a box of chicken on my table, and Key placed a paper bag on the table. Jonghyun came in afterwards. With nothing. Not that I mind.

 

"Thanks guys. Don't you think it's a bit too much for me to eat alone?"

 

"Then I'll eat for you." Jonghyun said, and took the box of chicken.

 

"Hey! I wanted that!"

 

"I thought you said it's too much?" He took a bite.

 

"Jonghyun!" I yelled.

 

"HONORIFICS." He said, as he took another bite.

 

I tried to get off bed to grab my chicken back, but I couldn't. Taemin held me back.

 

"Hey, hey. It's alright, okay? We'll get a lot of chicken for you when you're well."

 

Why is he such an annoying jerk sometimes? And yesterday I thought he was fine.

 

"I've changed times with Joon, he says he's got practice this afternoon so he'll be coming at night." Jonghyun said, pretending nothing happened.

 

"Get out." I snarled.

 

Key stood up.

 

"Hey, this isn't something to fight over, alright? It's just a piece of chicken!" 

 

Onew glared at Key. Key sighed.

 

"I'll just leave you guys to talk. And when I get back you'll be nice to each other like how you always are." 

 

Onew left with Key, mumbling, 'What do you mean just a chicken?!'. Taemin wasn't really wanting to leave but seeing Jonghyun and I shooting death glares at each other, he quickly ran off with Minho.

 

"My chicken." I pouted.

 

"Do you love chicken THAT much?" He said with a softer tone.

 

"There's a reason why I hang around Onew when he's eating chicken."

 

"Oh, fine then. When you get well and get outta here, I buy you a bucket of chicken. But you have to promise me something."

 

----

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

"What?" She looked like she was about to jump out of her bed.

 

"You have to stop calling me Kim Jonghyun, or Jonghyun or any other name. You have to call me oppa. Or Jonghyun oppa. OPPA."

 

"Why? I don't like it."

 

"No chicken then."

 

"But Onew oppa can get me some."

 

I accept defeat. She's just too- ugh. I'm never going to suceed making her call me oppa. This is horrible.

 

"Never mind." I sighed. "Eat the food." 

 

She took the food I made for her. It was the first time I was cooking, so I got Key to help out. I hope it doesn't take disgusting though.

 

"Wow, this is good! Where did you guys buy it?" She took a second scoop.

 

"It wasn't bought, we-"

 

"KEY'S COOKING IS THE TASTE OF HEAVEN." She stated, cutting across my sentence.

 

"Key AND Jonghyun." I corrected her.

 

"You?" She stopped eating.

 

She looked at me for a while, then turned away.

 

"Nah, no way." She laughed.

 

"I'm serious."

 

"Oh, do I look like I'm joking?" 

 

She likes rebelling doesn't she. A total rebellion.

 

"I give up."

 

"Good. You owe me chicken."

 

"You have to call me oppa!"

 

"No thanks. I'll get Onew oppa instead."

 

"Why am I the only one being mistreated?"

 

She stopped eating and looked at me again.

 

"You really wanna know?"

 

"Er, yeah."

 

She sighed, then her lips curved into a smile.

 

"Well, let's just start from the beginning-"

 

"DON'T YOU START."

 

"When one fateful day I was cycling peacefully-"

 

"DON'T MAKE ME-"

 

"And suddenly this random dude-"

 

I ran over and pinned her down, not allowing her to get up.

 

"Get off, get oofffff!"

 

"I told you to shut up."

 

"You were the one who asked." She rolled her eyes.

 

"Don't make me kiss you to shut you up."

 

She shot me a deathly glare.

 

"You enjoy doing that don't you? Kissing me and not giving a damn."

 

At this point, I've lost all dignity and pride to this person and nothing matters anymore.

 

"Yeah, I don't give a damn at all, because I've told you before. I like you."

 

I let her go and went outside to calm myself down. 

 

Sometimes I just don't understand why I fell in love with her in the first place.

 

SO FRUSTRATED.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

                        

*slaps myself* I'm sorry for not updating for days and ended up giving you such a ty chapter. And yes, I too have this obsession with chicken - I ate chicken rice for breakfast, chicken for lunch, and 'tandoori' chicken for dinner. I have been infected with the Onew disease. I have no idea where this chapter leads to, probably just a chapter so the days at the hospital can pass by a bit faster, and times where JongAe rebel ALOT. And well, I don't know. Chicken?

 

Okay lol I'm sorry. OTL *bows down sincerely* I promise next chapter would be better. Seriously :)                       .