The Unplanned Date

Glad I Met You :)

 

(Joon's POV)

 

"It's hot." Suzy said with a hint of panic in her voice.

 

It started raining after we finished shopping and hanging out with Ae. She got caught in the rain and fell sick. Now she has fever and she's here in Suzy's room. She said she was suppose to have dinner with Key earlier. So Suzy sent a message to Key, telling she can't make it, but made sure Key won't know why she can't go. We don't want them making a fuss anymore, they're idols anyway, and they have no time to keep on worrying about Eunhee. Plus, we're here for her, so SHINee shouldn't miss their schedules for her anymore. 

 

"Why does she always get sick nowadays? Or get into some injury or what sort." I growled.

 

"Yeah, she used to always be the tough one when we were younger, right, Joon?"

 

"Yeap. The one kicking and all, advicing us, the one solving conflicts between us."

 

"The one who taught me piano." Suzy smiled.

 

"The one who let me copy her homework. And taught me Maths."

 

We sat there, thinking about the childhood memories. We did truly miss Ae.

 

Just then, Eunhee stirred and asked for a cup of water.

 

"It's okay Ae, have some rest here tonight." Suzy said and passed her a glass of water.

 

"You'll take care of her, right, Suzy?"

 

"Yes I will. Thanks Joon, goodnight."

 

----

 

[The next day]

 

(Key's POV)

 

"She didn't tell me the reason, Jjong. I texted her, at least five times, but she wouldn't reply. She just said she had something up and that's all. Then she turned off her phone."

 

"You didn't tell her that I was the one asking her out though, did you?"

 

"I didn't. And she didn't come back yesterday."

 

"SHE DIDN'T?" Jonghyun raised his voice.

 

"Shhh. Shut up you pabo." I whacked his head.

 

 

"But where would she be then?" 

 

"Have you tried calling her friends?" I thought of Joon and Suzy.

 

"Uhh I don't have their numbers." Jonghyun pouted.

 

I turned away, not wanting to see his cute puppy face.

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

"They were together yesterday, right?"

 

"Yeah." I said, suddenly thinking about why Joon and Suzy didn't tell us anything. They were suppose to be together.

 

"Unless something came up when she wasn't with them anymore. Or not Joon and Suzy would probably contact us, right?"

 

"Mhmm." I nodded, still worried about the trainee.

 

 

"Excuse me."

 

"Hm?" I looked up.

 

It was Donghae hyung.

 

"Anyone seen my cousin around?" He said.

 

"No, we're looking for her too. And she wasn't here yesterday either." Key said.

 

"I know, I've been looking for her, and she isn't answering my calls."

 

"You too?" I thought it was just Key. Haha.

 

"My mum just said her dad isn't really well... I just thought she should visit her dad when she's free."

 

Key's eyes widened. I forgot he doesn't know anything about Ae's dad and Hongki.

 

"What's wrong with her dad?" Key asked, wondering if it links to her disappearance.

 

"Oh nothing much. Just sick. I wonder if my mum already contacted her, and that's why she's not around..." Donghae mumbled to himself.

 

"I don't think she's going back before she gets Hongki though." I said to myself.

 

"What? Hongki?" Key asked.

 

Donghae stared at me.

 

"You know about him too?"

 

Donghae knows?

 

"WHAT IS IT THAT YOU GUYS KNOW AND I DON'T?" Key snapped.

 

Maybe we should explain this to Key.  Only Key.

 

----

 

[In the evening]

 

(Joon's POV)

 

"Hey.. aren't you Joon?" Someone asked as I was heading to Suzy's place.

 

"Oh? Hi Key."

 

I'm pretty sure Key would ask about Ae.

 

"You and Suzy were with Ae yesterday right? She's gone missing." 

 

"Oh."

 

How can he ask things so straight forward? o_o

 

"Oh? That's not a reaction I would have expected. You know where she is, don't you?" He asked again.

 

"Yeah, I do. I'm going to meet her now." I said, not wanting to lie to him.

 

"I'm going with you." 

 

I thought he was going to be like, WHY THE HELL DID YOU GUYS KIDNAP HER?! Or say something and panic like mad. But then again, he isn't like Jonghyun.

 

"Sure." Ae was already better anyway.

 

----

 

"Joonie!" I yelled as I saw him enter the room.

 

Then I saw Key. What the-

 

"Hello." He greeted me.

 

"It's just you, right, Key?" I gasped, afraid if the rest of SHINee come bustling in too.

 

"Yeah, it's just me. And you ditched me yesterday."

 

I smacked my forehead.

 

"Oh gosh, I forgotten, I'm sorry I got fever and I-"

 

"Nah, it's okay. I didn't get ditched. It was Jonghyun." He smiled kindly.

 

"J-J-Jonghyun? But you were the one-"

 

"I asked on behalf of him, he was afraid you hate him or something because of that day..."

 

Right. I forgot Jonghyun was also a coward so he had to ask Key.

 

"Pshh. Such a coward." Suzy remarked.

 

"I know right." Joon added.

 

Oh my best friends are truly the best.

 

"And he wants to take you out tonight." Key said out of a sudden.

 

"But- what? It's like already 6pm now, are you kidding me?" I gasped.

 

"And I already cooked dinner!" Joon whined.

 

"Yes, tonight. I never thought I would find you.. but I'm the one settling things for the both of you now."

 

Suzy blinked.

 

"So you're like the matchmaker for JongAe?" Suzy smirked.

 

JONGAE? What the- we even have a couple name now?

 

"You know I'm shipping JongAe, don't you, Key."

 

"I know I know. So now Suzy, if you could, get Ae dressed up, while I'll just text Jonghyun to get ready."

 

"But- Hey, what on earth? I don't approve this!" I bellowed.

 

"I'm the Almighty Key, I know what I'm doing alright." Key took out his phone and began texting.

 

While Suzy and Joon dragged me away.

 

HAVE THEY PLANNED THIS? WITHOUT MY APPROVAL? But God, I hate being dressed up. And dinner with Jonghyun... it's not the same as last time, seeing that I'm dressing up formally too. What on earth are they doing? And why do we have a couple name?!

 

"You look sweet with Jonghyun, Ae. I've always wanted to tell you that."

 

"I gotta admit, you guys are nice together. And you guys like each other, Eunhee, so fight for it." Joon sat me down on a chair so Suzy could apply makeup.

 

"But I'm going to debut, guys. It doesn't matter if I love him or not, we can't be together. I'm sure fans will come bashing already."

 

"Aww, but it's such a waste if you don't! Just spend the time you have with him, before you debut. I'm sure Jonghyun loves you the same, even if he's a douchebag and a coward." Suzy tied my hair up.

 

I laughed. Yes, Kim Jonghyun, a total douchebag. But he's sweet. At times. And well, he's good looking, and his lips feel nice- 

 

My thought drifted to the time where we first kissed. I mentally slapped myself. What was I thinking? Ugh.

 

"Joon. Mind you please. Get out, Ae needs to change."

 

"Don't make it sound like I'm a ert kayy." Joon rolled his eyes and went out.

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

I can't believe Key told her I asked her out. Without my permission! And I wasn't ready.

 

I was sitting at the restaurant, waiting for her to arrive. The restaurant Key booked was famous, but it cost quite a fortune to eat here, so there weren't many people here. And he booked a special room for us, so yeah.

 

I twiddled my fingers, heart beating faster than usual. I was always nervous, but I was really nervous this time. 

 

There was a knock on the door and someone opened the door. I gaped at the beauty of the girl that just entered, an awkward smile on her face. She was... beautiful.

 

----

 

I. Am. Speechless.

 

He was just, so, good-looking. I died inside seeing him. His face was at shock, gaping at me. I returned it with an awkward smile. I was nervous, and there were butterflies in my stomach.

 

At this moment, I wanted Kim Jong Hyun to be mine, and only mine.

 

__________________________________________________

 

AWWWWW :'D /dies of the amount of love in this chap.

Anyways. You guise. Do you want Joon and Suzy to be together because if you do YOU GOTTA GIVE ME A COUPLE NAME lmao :D Or at least just comment whether you want them together. And should I add Hongki in the further chaps? And I might do a sequel for this fic when it's done.

 

School starts tomorrow. Damn.