If things would last.

Glad I Met You :)

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

"Yah, Kim Jonghyun. Wake up you lazy bum." Key kicked me off the bed.

 

"I'm sleeping I don't want to wake up~" I hummed.

 

Key ruffled my hair and leaned down until his lips were a few centimetres away from my face.

 

"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!" He shouted, making me throw off the blanket I was comfortably snuggling in and I jumped up as if I just recieved an electric shock.

 

"Key! I could have gone deaf, seriously, ouch." I rubbed my left ear.

 

"I told you to get up." Key put on a jacket. "We're going out in the afternoon."

 

Afternoon?

 

"Key, we don't have any schedules today. Unless... you're asking me out on a date?" I smirked as I threw a pillow.

 

I aimed horribly and it ended up flying towards the person who just entered the room.

 

Choi Minho.

 

"What the- mmf!"

 

The pillow that flew onto Minho's face fell to the ground, revealing an angry Minho who furrowed his eyebrows at me.

 

Oops.

 

"Jonghyun hyung, grow up." He picked the pillow and aimed it at my face.

 

Key was rolling on the floor laughing, pointing at me. His jacket was totally ruined.

 

"Sheesh." I headed to the bathroom and slammed the door.

 

----

 

I was sitting in the lounge with Taemin and Onew. Onew was resting, and Taemin was reading a magazine.

 

"I'm nervous, Taemin." 

 

Taemin placed the magazine on his lap.

 

"Have confidence, Eunhee! I'm sure the media will be convinced. I hope they won't make silly news about SM abusing you or treating you the way you shouldn't be treated or whatever , you know those reporters always write all sorts of crap just to

create chaos for us idols." He sighed, then pouted. His blonde hair bounced as he did so. "Being an idol is tough~"

 

"So, me quitting is a good thing?" I laughed coldly.

 

"No, no, no, that's not what I meant..." Taemin waved his arms in front of me, like a small kid.

 

I smiled at his actions. He was so adorable. 

 

"I don't want you to quit, Eunhee. You are a nice friend, and I'm going to lose a best friend if you leave! We can't meet up since you won't be an idol anymore, paparazzies would make loads of things up if we met each other. You're going to live like a normal student once you leave... right, Eunhee?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Probably will get stalked once in a while, maybe. Since some fans already know how I look like. I don't know, let's just see how this turns out, Taem."

 

"Good luck!" He said, with a smile.

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

"So, you were saying, Key?" I wiped my hair with a towel and draped it on my shoulders.

 

"We're going out in the afternoon."

 

"For what, exactly? It's not really just lunch, is it?" I threw the towel into a laundry basket.

 

"The interview for Eunhee."

 

Eunhee.

 

"Oh, that?" I pretended not to care.

 

Deep inside, I cared. I cared so effing much I feel myself die in the inside thinking of her. Yet, I couldn't do anything. I could stop her, but I knew, she wouldn't let me. It was not my decision to make. It was her life, and I would try to persuade her to change her mind- but too late, the interview was today. Time couldn't wait.

 

Time wouldn't stop for the both of us.

 

"Yes, that." Key snapped. "Don't act like you don't care, Jonghyun. I know exactly what you're thinking."

 

I picked out a simple T-shirt that Key once bought for me and wore it. 

 

"What time is the interview, Kibum?" 

 

"What?"

 

Did I just call him Kibum? .

 

"Did you-" 

 

"I didn't." I blurted out.

 

"You don't usually call me that you know. You call me Kibum when you're freaking upset. You're upset, and you're acting like

nothing is wrong."

 

"Because nothing IS wrong, Key. What time is the interview?" I grabbed a jacket and slid my phone into my pocket.

 

"3PM sharp, we're leaving at two. Where are you going?"

 

I held the door open and stopped for a while to think of how I should reply.

 

"To clear my mind from frustration."

 

----

 

[A while before the interview]

 

"You okay?" Someone massaged my back. Sounded like Minho oppa.

 

"I guess so."

 

"Don't be too nervous alright? We're going to help you say most of it anyway, since you're suppose to be sick."

 

"I am sick." I lied, and faked a cough.

 

He didn't reply.

 

"You know they're still going to come for me, don't you, oppa. They want to hear it from me."

 

"Hearing it from you or not, they might think that this was all planned anyway. The media never lets something go that easily. So you gotta be strong, alright? We're here for you."

 

"Thanks."

 

Minho patted my back lightly and went off. I was left alone, memories running through my head. To announce to the world that I'm leaving, hurts so much more than just secretly leaving. This wasn't the reality I wanted. It never was.

 

"Eunhee, 20 more minutes and they'll be over. Come on, get over here, we'll go through it once more so we know what to reply and understand how this 'story' is gonna go." Onew oppa called.

 

"Coming."

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

Maybe going out wasn't the best idea.

 

I was among thousands of people, mostly fangirls swarming and screaming, and everyone was either pointing at me or whispering about me. I wasn't with any of the SHINee members, and I just came out like that, with my favourite headphones, trying to block away the sound around me. I couldn't stand being in a crowd so I entered a shop in the corner...

 

"Ding ling~"

 

Despite having headphones on, I heard the small tinkle bell ring it's usual ring.

 

I looked around and sniffed the air. I was in Eunhee's favourite coffee shop. I selected the table that was near the large glass window, Eunhee's favourite spot. It was a table for two, and I felt lonely sitting across the seat that was meant for someone who wasn't here. I wondered how Eunhee felt when she came for coffee alone.

 

The waiter came over to ask if I would have the same (I came a little too often with Eunhee), and asked why was I alone. I gave her a small smile and replied that I came to take my mind off things, including Eunhee (which I failed miserably at). Every single thing in the shop reminded me a bit about her, she would point at different things and say how nice or how awful they look there, but she still loves this shop for the coffee they make.

 

Clink.

 

My cup of coffee was placed on the table, and the sound of the teaspoon placed into the cup was clearly heard. I dropped a cube of sugar into the coffee. I stirred and took a few sips. I was definitely going to miss the times I spent here with Eunhee. Now I would have to come here alone, to search for memories, or perhaps get Key to come over. Then again, Key wasn't too fond of coffee... Sometimes I wonder how Eunhee could adore coffee and banana milk at the same time, when both of those drinks definitely do not go well together.

 

I had lunch in that coffee shop, sitting there until it was time for me to leave. There was still the interview to attend. The moment where we tell the world that Eunhee would leave the entertainment industry, and never return. I thought about what would happen to her when she was back to living a close-to-normal life, and wondered if we would meet again if she really left. Wait, no ifs. She was definitely leaving, the interview is just a few hours later. There was no way she could turn back. I was sure she made her final decision. This wasn't the reality I wanted.

 

----

 

It was uncomfortable wearing this mask. It felt so hard to breathe, and my throat was itching. I coughed. I looked at the SHINee oppas, they were all confirming with Jonghyun about the plan. He came a little bit later than the rest. He nodded and listened attentively.

 

Then, the media arrived. They were all seated, cameras raised up high, ready to take pictures once we step out. As soon as we stepped out, cameras were flashing non-stop, and they were blinding my eyes. We took our respective seats, with me coughing every few seconds or minutes. Several questions were asked and of course I just sat there, coughing, pretending to be sick. I drank so much water I felt the urge to pee. The interview went on for several minutes, the reporters asking why I decided to quit.

 

"Is there any other reason to why she has decided not to debut?"

 

The question we've all expected. Plan is going perfect. Jonghyun glanced at me, then turned back to the reporters.

 

"Sadly, there is a reason."

 

Appa's death, obviously. 

 

"Eunhee's father has just passed away recently, and she will be heading back to her hometown tomorrow for the funeral. She will-" Jonghyun sighed. "-leave by the end of this week, resuming her life as a normal citizen."

 

"I was hoping we could get a clear clarification from Eunhee personally." One reporter said.

 

Taemin who was sitting next to me passed a microphone to me. I coughed, due to the itchiness in my throat.

 

"Actually-" I coughed again.

 

"- I think my voice-" I said that in a weird pitch.

 

"-kinda cracked, and I'm not sure how long it'll- cough- take to recover."

 

I drank some water before continuing. God, this is tiring.

 

"To be honest, I have twisted my leg a few times during training, and I don't think- cough- it is in a really good condition to dance anymore. But these aren't the main points... like Jonghyun sunbae said, yes, my appa has just passed away yesterday, which was why I wasn't able to debut on Music Bank, and thousand -cough- apologies for not informing anyone. I hope you will understand my decision. This has truly bring much grief to me."

 

I passed the microphone back to Taemin as I coughed once again.

 

Though I was saying it all from the heart, it felt like it wasn't real, because it wasn't all of what I wanted to say. But what needs to be said has been said, and those that are not to be said, will be kept in my heart forever.

 

[After the interview]

 

The day ended just like that. We were all tired and exhausted, all wanting to have a good night rest. Jonghyun, on the other hand, seemed quite alert, as he was the only one who didn't sleep during the ride back to their dorm. I happened to notice, because I couldn't sleep as well, despite how tired I was. My mind was running on a treadmill, having thoughts  running through it the whole day.

 

Tomorrow I was going back for the funeral. I was sure, Hongki, would not be there.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

Okayy. Yes, I'm sorry. BUT SHE'S LEAVING. D: (I'm such a horrible author sobs)

I am not going to make her come back to the entertainment industry, if that's what you're hoping might happen.

BUT, I'll let you choose the ending (because I can't decide for myself).

Or should I make many sequels? It seems like there's many endings for this story..

 

But I need a main ending, so should she end up with Jonghyun... or part both ways?

OH GOD I FEEL SO FRUSTRATED WITH MYSELF.

Just leave in the comments - what sequels do you want? I can make a few XD

 

p/s the sequels will be after Eunhee leaving SM, and it'll be like 'a year later' kind of thing.