Preparing for Surprise!

Glad I Met You :)

 

(Onew's POV)

 

"Surprise party surprise party~!" Taemin was excited.

 

We were planning to have a surprise party for the trainee as a welcome back part kind of thing.. Key's idea. It's lame right, I know. I mean like we could just order chicken and eat together but Key said nooo, saying we should do we with love and all that stuff.

 

But the other members seem to be pretty happy with the idea... even Jonghyun and Minho who would usually complain if asked to do the cleaning.

 

"I'll go get her back from the hospital." Jonghyun piped up.

 

"Good idea, Jjong!" Key said, as Minho wanted to protest.

 

Minho wanted to be the one getting the trainee back, perhaps thinking he could escape from helping Key. Then Key nudged Taemin in the elbow.

 

"Hyung-ah, accompany me then~ I'll be alone~" Taemin whined.

 

Minho turned around to see a pouting Taemin. Then he sighed.

 

"Alright, alright."

 

I just snickered while watching. It's so interesting watching them do all that. While I spend time with.. chicken.

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

So here I am on my way to the hospital. They told me they should be done and ready by the time we're on our way home. I pushed the doors open and entered her ward.

 

"Good morning."

 

"Oh, it's you." She scowled.

 

Must be because of yesterday, but seriously she's not a chicken freak like Onew hyung, is she? Because that's just creepy.

 

"Okay, I'm sorry I took your chicken alright? Now talk to me with manners." I told her.

 

"No sincerity." She pouted slightly.

 

"I'm really really really sorry I got you mad, alright? Don't be unhappy anymore." 

 

She couldn't hold in her laughter and suddenly she was laughing and laughing non-stop.

 

"What's so funny?" I glared at her.

 

"Your- your- face! It's just so funny, HAHAHAHAHA, oh gosh- you should've seen the look on your face-"

 

"Do you wanna get outta here?" I rolled my eyes at her.

 

"Sorry." She stopped laughing. "I wasn't even mad at you, but you're funny, really funny..." 

 

I got a wheelchair and helped her sit down. It was best for her to not walk around so much for the week. But at least she could get out of the hospital. Just three days on a wheelchair, should be fine.

 

----

 

Jonghyun pushed my wheelchair to the park after recieving a text message.

 

"I thought we're going home?" I asked him.

 

"Not yet, we need to wait for our van to arrive."

 

"Can't he just wait outside or park somewhere? It's not like we're taking hours."

 

"Huh? Oh, I don't know." 

 

Jonghyun continued texting. Who is so important? Maybe he likes someone...? Then again it could be Key, or any of his friends.

 

He stopped me beside a bench and told me to wait while he goes to make a phone call. From a distance, I see him talking angrily in the phone, as if that person owed him money or betrayed him. And he was swaying his hands around like a mad person.

 

"This Kibum." He snarled as he ended the call and headed my way.

 

"What's wrong with Key?" I asked.

 

"Huh? Oh nothing, it's just that he's- um- talking with the driver, and well, we're going home a little late. Maybe in thirty minutes more?"

 

"Oh, alright. We'll wait then. What do you wanna do?"

 

"Well, I don't know. Listen to music?"

 

He took his headphones and played a song, stuck in his own little world, leaving me on the wheelchair. I tried calling him, but he couldn't hear me.

 

Oh fine then. Have it your way.

 

So I just sat there and watch the other patients who were in the park.

 

"Hey, Jonghyun." I wanted to call him by smacking his arm, but my hand swished through the air instead. 

 

Where did he go?

 

"Jonghyun?" I said aloud.

 

Then I spotted him nearby, still with his headphones on. I felt bored sitting on the wheelchair. He wasn't pushing me, or anything, he's just like doing his own thing! Okay fine I shouldn't have laughed at him earlier. My bad.

 

"Jonghyun!" I called out.

 

He didn't respond.

 

"Kim Jonghyun~" I sang.

 

Still didn't respond.

 

He moved his head to the beat and tapped his foot on the ground.

 

Idiot.

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

I ran under a tree so I could escape from her for a while.

 

Key told me to stall her. They weren't ready! And well, what happened was really dramatic... Key was cooking, Minho was mopping the floor. Onew hyung came and slipped on the wet floor, crashed into Taemin, who crashed into Key. And the kitchen is a mess.

 

Stall her for 30 minutes? What do I do? Push her around the hospital? That's like.. weird. Come on, Jonghyun, think, think!

 

I sighed, not sure what to do.

 

20 minutes left.

 

Or should we just stay in the park here, I don't know.. Oh wait, I need to keep an eye on her! I turned around and saw her pouting, looking at the other patients. But she's on a wheelchair, it's not like she'll run away. Back to thinking how to stall her... she would nag to go home. At least I have headphones on. I moved myself to the rhythm as I was immersed in the music.

 

I wouldn't wanna go there anyway. She'll be like nagging, scolding all that. Don't wanna make her angry now, do I?

 

[10 minutes later]

 

My phone vibrated in my pocket.

 

From: Key Yeobo

OKAY WE'RE DONE BRING HER HOME. I'm feeling damn tired man. But I'm still awesome ;)

 

Psh. Alright.

 

I removed my headphones and wanted to tell her we could go back, but I heard something unexpected..

 

----

 

I sighed. Jonghyun just wouldn't look over. I can't get his attention!

 

What's he doing? Listening to music and staring at a tree?

 

Gosh!

 

"KIM JONG HYUNNN~" I called, not even bothering if I'm getting weird stares.

 

I was sick of being in the wheelchair. And he put me under the bloody sun. That stupid is going to get it.

 

[3 minutes later]

 

"Jonghyun. Jonghyun. Jonghyun. Jonghyun."

 

I felt like dying. I've been calling him for the thousandth time. 

 

"Kim Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun."

 

Maybe he's pretending not to hear?

 

"Idiot. . Bastard." I called out.

 

Still no response.

 

"HEY ERTT." I called out again, after checking that no one was around.

 

I don't even know why I called him that. Just want to make him angry so he'll get over and scold me.

 

"Jonghyun. Please? JONGHYUN!" I yelled after what felt like half an hour.

 

"JONGHYUN JONGHYUN JONGHYUN KIM JONGHYUN PABO JONGHYUN!"

 

His mind was focused on something else. He just left me here, in a wheelchair, under the sun, ALONE?! And now he's not even responding to me. He must have blasted his speakers. 

 

I would get down on my knees (OTL) now but I can't. Because I'm in a wheelchair, damnit.

 

I would call him, or text him. But I can't either. Because apparently, my battery died. Wonderful. Splendid. Just the right time to happen.

 

I sat upright in my wheelchair, looking at him, constantly praying he'll remember my presence. 

 

Okay. I'll try one last time. If he doesn't respond I'm sure I'm gonna cry here.

 

"KIM JONG HYUN!" I shouted with all my heart.

 

But still, he was looking at his phone as he recieved a text message.

 

Tears started to fall from my eyes. And you said you liked me. I thought you actually cared. My heart was starting to hurt, and it was as if there was a lump in my throat, it hurt. I also couldn't see clearly due to the tears forming in my eyes.

 

"OPPA!" I shouted for the last time and started crying.

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

"OPPA!" She shouted once I removed my headphones and she started crying.

 

What happened?

 

I quickly ran to her and saw her crying. For the first time.

 

I hugged her as she cried on my shoulder.

 

"It's okay. It's okay. What happened? Who made you cry?"

 

She didn't reply, all she did was cry.. and cry.

 

I felt like someone punched my heart. Not because of the scoldings I recieved, the whacks I get all over my body, her naggings... but what hurt most was that.. she cried. And I wasn't there to watch her.

 

I've got to change this. 25 days to go.

 

____________________________________________________________________


OTL. When did I last update? I'm sorry for not updating regularly! I've been celebrating Christmas, and I needed inspiration. And my school will be starting on the 4th Jan, so yeah I might not be updating as often ;____; Sorrehhh. I love you subscribers <3

 

Sorreh if you hate it kay. D: I still love you.