Hoobae or a crush?

Glad I Met You :)

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

"I'm sorry- I'm sorry- I didn't know what I was doing- I- I-" 

 

Eunhee dragged me into her room and closed the door. Then she turned the lights on and ordered me to sit on a chair. She's not respecting me again. Treating me like I'm the same age as her or something.

 

"You didn't know what you were doing. Right. Imagine if someone saw that, Jonghyun!"

 

There she goes. Calling me Jonghyun again.

 

"And we almost got caught! If I didn't push you away-" She stopped, then quickly added, "-which was something I would do of course- Key and Taemin would have saw us, and what would they say? And I thought Key and you were together." She said, arms crossed.

 

Key. Right. But like he said before, 'We can't be together Jjong, it's against the law and all. And plus, the company would be furious. No matter how much the fans want us together.'

 

I've thought of it before, but he was right. We were a couple that weren't meant to be together. 

 

"We're not together. We can't be." I said, feeling sorry for Key.

 

"But look at Eunhae! They were fine."

 

"It's not like they'll end up together anyway! I'm sure Donghae and Eunhyuk would end up with someone else in the future. It's just for the meantime, for a time when they need to experience love."

 

"Then what. You want to end up with me? Is that why you left Key for me?" She said with a sharp tone.

 

"I did not leave Key!" I shouted, unable to control feeling disappointed towards myself.

 

She seemed taken aback by my sudden shout, and kept quiet.

 

"I just- I just- I'm sorry for shouting at you. It's just that you have to understand that we can't be together, neither can Eunhae be together forever, no matter how much they love each other. And I did not leave Key." I looked up at her, hoping to get a reply.

 

She gazed into my eyes, expressionless.

 

"Go on." She said.

 

"I'm still Key's best friend, that's never going to change. And I'm sure Key will end up with someone in the end."

 

"Okay. I get it. But you haven't answered the whole question."

 

"What- question?" I couldn't recall.

 

She blushed. Perhaps to scared to repeat her question.

 

"Never mind." 

 

"Tell me." I told her.

 

"It's nothing. Why on earth did you kiss me, Jonghyun?"

 

Jonghyun. Again.

 

"I told you- I don't know what I was doing."

 

It was as if this didn't really matter at all. And I still don't know if I should just tell the truth, tell her I like her.

 

"You don't know? Is that how your brain normally works? You do something and you don't know what happened?"

 

Something on the table caught my eye, and I ignored her question.

 

"Why is he- everywhere?" I asked her, as I picked up the photo frame that bore a picture of Hongki.

"Like I said, I'm a fan."

 

Hm. Like I'll believe that. There was something suspicious about the whole thing.

 

"I don't believe you."

 

She gulped, and bit her lip. Again. Does she bite her lip when she knows she's in trouble?

 

"You tell me the truth and I'll tell you. Because I don't believe what you said either. About you not knowing what you're doing, because that's just stupid to believe. It's a common lie."

 

I sighed. I'll have to tell her one day anyways. 

 

"Fine. Sit down, I hate talking to you when you're standing. My neck hurts."

 

"Sorry." Then she sat on her bed, waiting for me to tell her the truth.

 

I should really say this in one go. I will not repeat nor will I say it slowly because it's scary.

 

"So tell me why, Jonghyun."

 

"I- huff. I kissed you because I like you really much and you were just so noisy earlier I had to shut you up."

 

She blinked.

 

"You- what? Like me? As in like as a hoobae, like as a friend or what?"

 

"As in what." I replied (with a quite serious face), not wanting to say anything else anymore.

 

She laughed.

 

"Really?" She looked serious.

 

"Yeah." I nodded, hoping she won't start yelling at me or something.

 

"Were you planning to confess?"

 

It's weird. Discussing this. With her. It's like she already knows I like her and she's like.. so chill. I thought I would expect a hug and her screaming: 'I love you too!' or the other way around.. But then again, she's not some ordinary girl.

 

"I haven't decided. Alright, can we stop this? I told you the truth now tell me what is it with you and Hongki already. No, wait a minute.. you're not dating him in secret, are you?" I looked at her in shock.

 

"What the hell? No! He's my oppa."

 

"Um, yeah, I'm your oppa too, okay. Be more specific please? And tell me something I don't know."

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

"He's my biological brother."

 

"What? No way, you guys don't even have the same surnames! Real subtle."

 

"I'm serious! No kidding. He's the reason why I came all the way here anyway. I came to find my missing oppa.. he left when he was 14. Appa was sick a few years ago, and he wanted to meet oppa, so I decided to look for him. This-" She took out a picture. It was the one I saw at the shop that day. "- is my oppa. And you said he was Hongki, right?"

 

"Yeah. So he changed his name?"

 

"I guess so. Only his surname though."

 

"But why? Why did he leave?"

 

She sighed.

 

"Long story."

 

"Tell me. I have all day." I said, and sat beside her on her bed.

 

----

 

So I told Jonghyun all about oppa. And well, I never knew he was such a symphatic person. 

 

"But I know Hongki hyung! He's not like that at all. Well, he's really straight forward sometimes, like you-" I glared. "-okay, a better word, honest. And then he's really funny and always able to make us laugh. Come to think of it, you guys have a bit of similarities-"

 

We do?

 

Jonghyun was telling me about how close he was with Hongki, when I realised he was actually shifting closer, and closer, to me. And sooner, we were squashed together. I stood up, making him topple to one side.

 

"What are you doing?" I felt my face heat up.

 

I wasn't angry, I couldn't be. I liked him too. But we both know we can't be together, and I was going to debut! I couldn't let him ruin things.

 

"I'm sitting down?" He looked at me with a puzzled look. "No, I guess I'm lying down now." 

 

He was lying on my bed. My bed. KIM JONGHYUN. ON MY BED.

 

"Get off!" I grabbed him off my bed and we both collasped on the floor.

 

We both growled in pain.

 

"Damn you." Jonghyun said, gripping his knee.

 

"Bastard." 

 

He got up, while I was still lying on the floor.

 

"Get up, idiot. I haven't finish applying medicine on you." He pulled me up.

 

"You didn't even start."

 

"Really? Oh yeah- I kissed you." He mumbled, but I still heard him.

 

"Yeah, you stole my first kiss!" I whacked him on the shoulder, recalling the incident.

 

"STOP HITTING ME ALREADY! Oh gosh, where are your honorifics?!"

 

"You freaking stole my first kiss."

 

"Well, if you liked me back, you wouldn't mind." He said.

 

I gaped at him, mind blank, and watched him leave the room.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

To make things clear, at this point, they both like each other. But Jonghyun has already confessed, while the trainee hasn't because she wants to concentrate on debuting. Don't feel sad for Key :)) In the few chaps later, he sorta let Jonghyun go, and maybe he'll even ship JongAe! :PP But then this story isn't really cliche so.. *hints* there might be a twist at the end :P I haven't decide. Maybe a sequel?
 

My readers are sweet, but I think banana milk's sweeter.