A step away to reach you.

Glad I Met You :)

 

A few more days past. I trained hard. At times my leg would hurt till it bleed, maybe because the wound wasn't really really fully recovered yet. But I was fine. I could stand the pain.

 

"You sure you okay?" Yunho asked me.

 

"Yeah, of course!" I replied happily.

 

"Such a lie." I heard Changmin mumbled to himself.

 

I glared at Changmin who was standing at the door.

 

"That's enough for today then. Besides, you have things to do later, right?" Yunho sunbae wiped off his sweat.

 

"Hmm, I do?"

 

I don't remember having anything.

 

"Let's go!" Taemin and Minho rushed in, both grabbing my hands.

 

"Where? What?"

 

Both stopped pulling and loosened their grips.

 

"Jonghyun didn't inform you?"

 

Jonghyun. Typical he would forget.

 

"No. Why don't I get informed of things? It's been the second time this week. You guys suddenly come in, telling me 'It's late, let's go!' and I have no idea where we're going at all."

 

"Because Jonghyun has a bad memory."

 

"Why ask him to inform me then?" I asked, a bit furious.

 

"He voluntered.. actually." Taemin said.

 

Okay. What the hell.

 

"So he said he would tell me, and then he never tells me, so I get all confused? Weird dude."

 

I took my phone out from my pocket. There was a message.

 

Kim Dinohead 1.25pm

Oh . I forgot to tell you something. We'll be going out for an interview and you're supposed to come along. I know you're having practice now so I texted you. Sorry for informing you late! *puppy eyes*

 

I laughed.

 

Yunho, Changmin, Minho and Taemin eyed me weirdly.

 

"Ew." I shook my head, reading the message once again.

 

"What?" Taemin tried to look at phone, but I kept it back in my pocket.

 

"Fine, he informed me. Just 10 minutes ago. I'll go get some stuff and I'll meet you guys downstairs, alright?"

 

"Okay, see ya!"

 

----

 

(Taemin's POV)

 

Okay, I swear. Jonghyun and Eunhee might be the weirdest people ever.

 

A minute they're cool with each other, asking each other about their day, and then a moment later, they're squabbling. Or maybe that only happens in the absence of Key hyung..

 

"Oh, aren't you such a jerk!"

 

"PRAT PRAT PRAT."

 

"Jerrkkkkk!"

 

"Prat."

 

"You're the prat."

 

"Can I say something..?" I piped up, wanting to warn Jonghyun hyung about the lamp post he was about to bang into.

 

"No!" Both of them said in unison.

 

Jonghyun knocked into the lamp post.

 

Ouchh.

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHA-" Eunhee collasped in laughter. "Are you alright?"

 

She went over to see if hyung was alright, even helping him rub his forehead. Key and Minho, who were wayyy in front were laughing at Onew hyung's joke.

 

"Yeah- I'm fine. It hurts, though."

 

"Of course it does, jerk."

 

"Prat." Jonghyun lightly pushed her head.

 

And then they're fine again. I seriously don't understand. Even if I'm who she calls her best friend. Among the five of us, that is.

 

----

 

I sat patiently at a corner, watching the members being interviewed. I couldn't expose that I was a trainee in SM yet, so I had to pretend I was a spectator and not wave at Taemin or something.

 

Though I swear once in a while they'll glance at me. Like what are they scared of? It's not like I'll run away- okay fine, I got lost once. I should just sit here like a good kid, not let anything interfere me.

 

Key smiled at my direction. I looked around, to make sure if he was smiling at me.. or just at my way.. I turned back, Key was being asked by one of the reporters. I sat back and waited, learning how to response when reporters ask weird or akward questions.

 

[Minutes later..]

 

I kept dozing off. I was so tired after all that practice and now, being in this air-conditioning room, I couldn't help but sleep. I should have drank coffee. I rubbed my eyes and massaged my face, trying to keep myself awake. Yawn. I stretched in my seat and looked outside. I want to go outside. There were screams and shoutings outside, which made me very anxious of what was happening outside. I wanted to find out.

 

I looked up. The members were busy with their interview, maybe they won't notice if I slipped out? I mean like.. I won't take forever right? Or should I hand sign them, tell them I'm going out? Nah, the reporters would find out that we know each other. Sit here? No, I can't. The temptation to see what's out there is too strong. There's something, pulling me out..

 

I couldn't help it. Quietly, I got up and went out.

 

There was a chaos outside. A crowd of fangirls were screaming their lungs out. For.. who, exactly? Not SHINee. Well, not that SHINee has no fans. It's just that the interview was in a closed up place, and the fans were just sitting down, waiting outside.. 

 

But there was something else. Fangirls were running, waving yellow flags, holding cameras in their hands, flashing away. I managed to see the words written on one fangirl's flag - FT ISLAND.

 

FT Island..? Oppa?

 

I ran in the crowd. Where was oppa? With only the word 'oppa' repeating in my head, I ran along with the fangirls, trying to get to oppa. I was being pushed by fangirls, to the left, then to the right, their screams blasted my ears.

 

"Jaejin oppa! Seunghyun oppa! Hongki oppa!"

 

"Oppa! Saranghae!"

 

"OPPARRRRRRRR!"

 

Ugh. A while more and I'll end up deaf.

 

Oppa. There.

 

I spotted oppa. He was wearing a leopard skin coat, and stood out the most among the other members who wore plain Ts. At that moment, it was as if the whole word stopped. I've seen oppa with my very own eyes for the first time since he left the house. Oppa, I missed you. Despite how much you hated me.

 

"Oppa." I called.

 

But of course, the screamings covered my soft, tiny voice. Not to mention, if I just rush in like that or do anything to oppa, there will be fans trying to bash me. I had to figure out a way. The fangirls were still pushing, and I couldn't stand on my own feet. Slowly, I was pushed out of the crowd, slowly, I was getting further away from oppa. But I couldn't stand up on my own feet anymore, my legs were totally weak and numb. Then I fell.

 

But a pair of warm hands caught me from behind.

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

Hello :D I love my readers keke. Thanks for reading~ Hope you enjoyed this chapter! And sorry for the cliffhanger heh :P