The Date

Glad I Met You :)

 

Err.. favourite hoodie, jeans, yeah I guess it's alright. I looked at myself in the mirror. Just like what I wear everyday. Should be fine. It's just dinner. As friends.

 

I wonder what Jonghyun's wearing. Because if he's going to wear something really really formal like a tux or some sort.. I swear I'll laugh at the spot. But then again... he said it's just dinner, so I really do hope he won't wear something like that- because I'm wearing like.. usual clothes. But what the heck.

 

But surely, he wouldn't, wear tux to a coffee shop?

 

I looked at the time, it was 6.45pm. I could reach there in about 10 minutes. Great, I'll leave now.

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

Waiting. Waiting. Nervous. Waiting.

 

I looked at my watch - 6.50pm. She will come right? And not leave me here waiting till 8pm.. It's only 6.50pm, there's 10 more minutes left. And she could be late. 

 

It was a good thing not many people come to this coffee shop.. and apparently, there are only two couples in here.. so if she doesn't come it's gonna be super awkward. She likes this coffee shop; it's not those coffee shops that ONLY serve you coffee, they have food as well. And the fragrance in here is just- delightful.

 

Ding ling.

 

The bell rang as someone pushed the door open. I turned around to see who it is. Her. In normal clothes. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, awkward awkward  awkward awkward MISSION ABORT!

 

----

 

I reached the coffee shop. There weren't many people inside.. mostly, couples. I guess. Or friends. I pushed the door open, welcomed by the bell that always went 'ding ling'. It always made my day. I looked around for Jonghyun... and spotted him sitting alone in a corner. Wait, but is that Jonghyun because he's wearing.. a suit. Omg.

 

He's not for real, is he?

 

I walked to where he was sitting, trying my best to not laugh out loud...

 

"Jonghyun?"

 

He looked up. I was going to burst in laughter already.

 

 

"Don't laugh, don't laugh, shut up-" He warned, while I on the other hand was trying my best to stop but I can't.

 

"Don't make me kiss you again!" He snarled, and that shut me up.

 

But that also attracted the attention of the other people...

 

"Ahem." Jonghyun cleared his throat.

 

I sat down, as the other people turned away to continue doing whatever they were doing.

 

"Why did you comb it so flat?" I pointed at his hair, no longer laughing.

 

"I- don't know."

 

"Common lie. And why are you wearing something so formal?"

 

"Stop making me pissed. I know I look weird all right. I need to look glam everyday, Key says it's essential."

 

"Right. But yeah, I gotta admit, you look pretty good today."

 

"Why thank you." He smiled. "I look good everyday."

 

I looked at his facial features - that jawline, that seducive lips, so hot - omg what am I thinking.

 

"Your hair is really flat. Not nice." I commented, now looking at his hair.

 

"Right, I'll fix it-"

 

"No, it's okay. Let's just order some food alright? And what do you want to tell me?"

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

Our food arrived not long after that.

 

"So, what is your purpose getting me here?" She asked.

 

"Just wanted- to talk. Congratulate you. For being able to debut. Soon."

 

My sentences have too many fullstops in it.

 

"Mmhmm."

 

"And get to know you more, and well foster a good sunbae hoobae relationship-"

 

I tried to think of good reasons to say. I was telling the truth anyway.

 

"Go on." She looked at me, interested in what I have to say.

 

"-spent the last 30 days with you?" I ended, not sure if it came out right.

 

"What do you mean by the last 30 days? Debuting doesn't mean I'll die, Jonghyun." She laughed.

 

"I mean like, well, we can't hangout so much in public after you've debuted, paparazzies would think we were dating or something, you know what they always do, and well, before the world knows about you, I'll like to spend everytime I got with you." I mustered all my courage just to say this.

 

"Wow, that's- um- nice. Thanks, Jonghyun."

 

----

 

He's just so.. nice. So caring, so considerate. I would like to spend these 30 days with you too, Jonghyun, but I don't think I can't. I can't fall for you. I musn't.

 

"Wow, that's- um- nice. Thanks, Jonghyun." I looked down, feeling slightly touched by what he said.

 

"Call me oppa." 

 

What? 

 

I looked at him, and he looked straight into my eyes, I could feel my face heating up.

 

Does it really kill you if I don't call you oppa?

 

"I don't want to."

 

"Why? You're debuting soon. Imagine calling me Jonghyun in front of other people, what will they think about you? Start practicing."

 

I smiled. Makes sense.

 

"Does it really kill you?"

 

"Yes."

 

I was shocked, to hear such an immediate reply. He was serious.

 

"Fine." I poked a meatball on my plate and stuffed it into my mouth.

 

Then I thought of something I told myself a few days ago..

 

"I can't." I told him.

 

"Why not?"

 

"Because I've cursed myself. If I called you 'oppa', I'll be a dwaejit ." (pig)

 

"That's a stupid curse to make- I won't even-"

 

Then he stopped, and thought of something.

 

"Right, I made such a curse too." He sighed.

 

"What was it about?" I asked, curious.

 

"That I wouldn't piggyback you ever again."

 

I laughed.

 

"Now, that's stupid." I told him.

 

"But you HAVE to call me oppa. It's not like I have to piggyback you home. Yours is necessary."

 

"You're not going to let me be a pig, are you?" I pouted.

 

"I don't care."

 

"Carry me back home." I told him. "We'll be a dwaejit  couple today." I joked, wanting to be carried home.

 

"Back to SM? I guess that's alright." He agreed, after thinking for a while.

 

I smiled.

 

"Let's finish this first." Jonghyun pointed to the food on our table.

 

"Yes, OPPA."

 

----

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

"Piggos for the night." She whispered in my ear.

 

I was carrying her on my back, and she was sitting very comfortably up there.

 

"Comfy?" I asked.

 

"Yes, OPPA."

 

"Hold tight alright? And don't sleep like the last time and drool on my wonderful suit."

 

"Yes, OPPA."

 

[A while later]

 

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" I asked, on the way back to SM.

 

It was dark, and I could hardly be spotted by anyone. I was wearing a cap too, so I could be hidden from the paparazzies.

 

"Yes, OPPA."

 

"Is that the only thing you can reply me?" I felt a bit annoyed.

 

"Yes, OPPA. Or do you want longer sentences?"

 

"It'll be better, really. I feel like I'm talking to a machine."

 

"Alright. But we've talked quite a lot just now. And we'll be talking for the next few years perhaps."

 

"True. You really like piggy backs, don't you?"

 

"Appa used to give me rides like this all the time when I was younger. Oppa never got any though."

 

"Mph." I pushed her up; my back started to ache a little.

 

"I'm heavy, aren't I? You can put me down, Jong- I mean, oppa."

 

"No, it's okay. Stay up there."

 

"You can just-"

 

"I said, stay up there. You still trying to get to Hongki? I could try asking him to meet you one day.." I tried to change the topic.

 

"Is he free? I saw on the news, that they were in Japan.."

 

"Oh, right."

 

We chatted the whole way, mostly about her, until we reached SM.

 

"Okay, put me down now." She said.

 

"Ehem." 

 

"Oppa, you can put me down now." She rephrased.

 

I bent down and let her slide off.

 

"Thanks, oppa. It's nice.. talking with you."

 

"Dwaejit." I pinched her nose and she blushed.

 

Keke. My hotness is making her fall for me. But then, I told Key I wouldn't.. and I told myself I mustn't. I can't affect her job. She's going to debut soon.

 

"Goodnight. Sleep well." I told her, as I watched her enter the building. Apparently, she was staying in SM, while of course, SHINee has a dorm of their own.

 

"Goodnight, oppa."

 

29 days to go.

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

Forever loving Key and his divaness. :P And Jonghyun being so adorable.

 

Okay next chapter coming soon.. Teaser: It's a fansign event!