Twist.

Glad I Met You :)

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

I woke up early in the morning because we had to attend Eunhee's father's funeral. I wasn't the earliest to wake up, to be honest. In fact, I was the last to wake up, because I was the last to go to bed yesterday night. Thanks to the cups of coffee I had.

 

We wore black suits with ties, and Eunhee in a dark-coloured pantsuit. When we arrived at the funerary department, we headed to the room where Eunhee's father's body was placed.

 

Several reporters were there to witness Eunhee attending the funeral. Eunhee was busy doing all the preparations with her aunt, along with Donghae hyung. So I decided to look around for Hongki. I wondered if he would attend the funeral, since he was the brother of Eunhee. I didn't see him anywhere, so I guess he was still mad at Eunhee and his father.

 

The five of us each took a chrysanthemum as we entered the room and paid our respects. Before we left the room, we also donated an amount of money. After offering our condolences, as well as watching those who came doing the same, we went to the funeral hall to have our meal. After that, was the burial. Time passed really quickly, and the occassion ended in the evening. We all stayed a little longer to help cleaning up the place.

 

----

 

I was right. Hongki was nowhere to be found, but that wasn't important. I've decided to let him go, knowing that he wouldn't have forgiven me, despite my sacrifice of leaving the entertainment industry and leaving SHINee just to make him visit appa. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

 

In 3 more days, I would leave SM Entertainment, and return to living a normal life just like Joon and Suzy. They attended the funeral as well, and gave me much comfort. They would have stayed for a longer time, but they had an assignment due tomorrow, so they went back early. After the burial, I was dead tired, and my eyes were sore from all those tears.

 

SHINee helped with cleaning up, and Jonghyun gave me a hug to make me feel better. He even did his famous puppy eyes tactic to cheer me up, while Taemin stuffed me with bottles of banana milk, saying that if I eat drink it, I'll feel better. With SHINee here with me, everything felt better.

 

[The next day]

 

"Hey, Eunhee." Someone knocked on my door.

 

I couldn't really figure out who it was, because it didn't sound like any of the SHINee members, nor was it my manager. 

 

"I'm sleeping." I shouted. "Go away."

 

Then, the door clicked open and several pillows were thrown on me. Buried under what seemed like thousands of pillows, I struggled to push off all the pillows.

 

"What do you- think- you're doing?" I panted.

 

I got up only to see SHINee standing at my door grinning.

 

"Rise and shine!" Jonghyun threw another pillow at my face.

 

"What are you guys doing? Seriously. Also, Kim Jonghyun-ah, is throwing pillows a hobby of yours? I see you enjoying this very much."

 

Jonghyun just grinned as he turned to look at Minho who furrowed his eyebrows and seemed to be recalling something.

 

"Just want you to get up and wash up. We're going to do the things we've always wanted to do with you. Seeing the list we written-" Taemin opened the piece of paper he was holding, only to reveal a long sheet of paper which was almost the height of Choi Minho. "-Jonghyun has the most things that he wants to do. "

 

"Some of them are pretty ridiculous, I suggest you not to do any of those." Minho suggested.

 

"Ridiculous?" Jonghyun said in shock. "Look at Onew hyungs! Most of them are related to chicken!"

 

I laughed.

 

"At least Eunhee enjoys having chicken. Not like some of you..." Onew glared.

 

Realizing the tension that arose in the room, I quickly shove them out.

 

"Okay, okay, get out, I'll be ready in a few minutes!"

 

----

 

(Taemin's POV)

 

So we did many things today. Minho hyung said he wanted to see Eunhee rap, which I have to say she was pretty good at it. Jonghyun hyung was nagging at us, saying he wanted to spend some time with Eunhee alone, which none of us will permit. Onew hyung was dragging us to every chicken store he could find, saying that Eunhee would prefer that than all this ridiculous things on the list. 

 

Key hyung... nagging at each and every one of us, saying how immature we are, pulling Eunhee around like that and not letting her choose what to do. Though deep inside I knew he just wanted to kidnap Eunhee and bring her to a shop and choose some nice dresses for her to wear, or maybe get her some nice shoes. I wasn't nagged at though, for my job was just to read out whatever that was on the list. I suggested strolling around the streets of Myungdong, but was protested by all the hyungs, saying that it was grab too much attention.

 

Taemin-ah, Taemin. When will the hyungs listen to you?

 

Right. When I do aegyo, or be pretty. Which I already am, 24/7.

 

"Hyung-ah. Let's just sit at a shop and have some drinks~ We can talk to Eunhee and get to know more about her before she leaves, right~?" I said with the cutest voice I could manage. 

 

Maybe pouting would help.

 

"Nawww our Taeminnie is so precious~" Key was on the verge of tears. 

 

Tears of joy.

 

Here comes the nagging of Kim Kibum omma.

 

"We'll do whatever Taemin wants, okay? You all are too much, really! We'll do whatever Taemin suggests, since I really do think he's the only one here with a rational mind."

 

"But Key- Key- yeobo- but-"

 

Key hyung pulled Jonghyun's hand and stroded to the store I was talking about. Lee Taemin has won, once again.

 

----

 

I do not know how to cope with five of these boys, really.

 

We all ended up in a karaoke, with Kim Jonghyun singing at the top of his voice. Yes, his amazing, breathtaking vocals. Taemin just rocking on the dance floor. Minho rapping with charisma and energy along with Key-goon. Onew was singing along with Jonghyun, each having their own parts.

 

They put all their songs in a playlist and started going all high. Sitting there makes me awkward, so I decided to get up and dance along with Taemin. But noooo, here comes the dino, telling me that I would hurt myself if I dance. 

 

"It's not like I'm going to do some aggressive moves! You're so over-protective. I'm not even yours!" I shouted, a little angry at how he was controlling me today, and arguing with the others.

 

"I just thought you need more rest, so you can go back to school with your leg fully recovered after three times of spraining it, and I thought-"

 

"You just thought, Jonghyun. You never really asked what I wanted. You expected me to agree with all your decisions? Those are your decisions, Jonghyun, not mine."

 

Suddenly the whole room was quiet, and the SHINee members felt uncomfortable watching me yell at Jonghyun. Jonghyun was rooted to spot, mouth opening like he was about to say something, yet he couldn't. I was tired, exhausted after all this mess. I was too mad at Jonghyun to even look at him.

 

Having everyone around me suddenly really quiet, my mind was able to think straight, and I realized I was a little harsh to Jonghyun.

 

He was just caring, and I didn't appreciate that he cared, I just-

 

I wanted to apologize, but then I realized... He just left the room.

 

----

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

What she said made me realize, that I have been to over-protective. I always told her what to do, despite me knowing she was a very stubborn person. Maybe because I always took her as mine, and became too protective over her. I've changed so much, since I first met Eunhee. I went out of the room to reflect on myself and let the both of us have some time to chill.

 

"Jonghyun..?" Her voice called.

 

I didn't respond.

 

"I'm...sorry. I knew you were just caring about me and I didn't make an effort to appreciate it, not even acknowledge it, and I want you to know I really am grateful for you being like this."

 

She embraced me and hugged me tightly.

 

"Sorry."

 

I still didn't respond, letting the words she said slowly sink in my heart.

 

"You wouldn't forgive me for scolding you earlier, but I wasn't thinking straight, I was just-"

 

"Tired." I sighed.

 

That was exactly what I was feeling.

 

I was tired, not physically, but emotionally. 

 

Tired of myself. Why couldn't I be honest with myself and just tell Eunhee how much she meant to me? Why couldn't I just hold her back, no matter how much she insisted to leave? Why couldn't I make her be mine?

 

So many questions, yet no answers. Time was running short. Instead of getting closer when we still have the chance, we ended up like this. Maybe it was for the better too, maybe we would hate each other, and in the end when she leaves, she wouldn't even remember me at all.

 

I would remember her though. I told myself. It was a long time since I loved a girl like this. Eunhee was just like a puzzle piece, all she needed was for someone to figure her out. I knew I failed, badly. Thousands of things were running through my head. Why did we turn out like this, so suddenly?

 

"Jonghyun?" Eunhee nudged me and I came back to reality.

 

"I'm sorry." I told her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

 

She loosened her arms that were wrapped around me and touched her own forehead, shocked at my sudden actions. Then, she smiled.

 

"Thank you for everything, Jonghyun. Let's forget this?" She wiggled her pinky in front of me.

 

I latched my pinky onto hers, and our thumbs touched.

 

2 more days.

 

----

 

(Hongki's POV)

 

"Hey, you feeling any better?" Minhwan placed a cup of warm water on the table beside me and placed a wet towel on my forehead.

 

"A little, I guess."

 

"Aish, what's with you? Suddenly have a fever."

 

I wanted to attend the funeral, but I had a sudden high fever. I was hoping Eunhee wouldn't think that I broke my promise. I thought of it for a long time, and after Jonghoon's confrontation, I realized that I was wrong about Eunhee, and that I should keep my promise. Things just didn't go right for us, and I missed the funeral.

 

I sighed.

 

"I don't know, Minhwan, I don't know."

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

I'M SORRY IT TURNED OUT ANGST IN THIS CHAPTER OKAY. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HAPPY CHAPTER BUT BAM SUDDENLY MY FINGERS STARTED TYPING THAT AND IT JUST FINISHED SO I'M LIKE OKAY LET'S JUST LEAVE IT THERE. I have a feeling I'll regret that thought T^T