It's time to be honest.

Glad I Met You :)

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

Man up, Jonghyun, you gotta do this!

 

Alright, so I decided to ask her out. But of course, I won't tell her it's a date, I'll just say it's like a dinner.. as friends.. getting to know each other better before she debuts?

 

I heard shoutings from inside one of the dancing rooms. 

 

"Yeahhh!" The trainee shouted, as I saw Donghae swing her around.

 

I stood at the door and looked at her- she's just so adorable when she's not angry at me. And sometimes, I think, her smile can just take my breath away. She turned to look at me standing at the door. I gave her my biggest smile, then mouthed: Chukahae. And, something I didn't really expect happened - she smiled back at me.

 

[Later]

 

"Ah, hey, I wanna talk to you for a minute?" I grabbed her arm when she came out of the room.

 

"Alright, yeah?"

 

"Talk to you alone." I said, as I saw more people coming out of the room.

 

"Sure." And she pulled her arm out of my grip.

 

Say something convincing, Jonghyun. Make her agree to meet you.

 

"I've got schedules, and things to do, soon, so I don't think I can talk to you about everything now, maybe we could talk at night? Go to the coffee shop that we always go to, I'll see you there." I said, feeling proud of myself at the moment.

 

"What do you want to talk about that I have to wait till the night?" She asked.

 

"Just treat it like we're having dinner."

 

She looked at me, with the 'seriously?' look."As friends." I quickly added.

 

She didn't look too happy at the idea.. Please don't say no. Should I do my puppy tactic now? 

 

"Alright." She sighed. "Now go do whatever you're suppose to do. What time?"

 

"Hmm, about 7, is that fine?"

 

"Yeah."

 

----

 

"Oh, so you can debut in a month? That's great!"

 

Suzy and I were having lunch together. Joon had basketball practice at school, so he couldn't make it.

 

"Yeah, we'll be doing the music video this week."

 

"Hmm, but it'll only be out a month later right? Still a long time to wait.."

 

"Be patient, Suzy."

 

"Hey, you're free today right? Joon isn't here, so let's go shopping the whole day!" She said, excitement all written over her face.

 

"Ah, sorry Suzy, but I'm not free tonight.. so we can't shop the whole day. Maybe until.. 5?"

 

"Oh? You have plans, with who? Tell me."

 

Suzy didn't seem like she'll take 'No' for an answer.

 

"With Jonghyun." I sighed. I can't lie to them.

 

"Good for you! Are you guys going on a date? Wow, where? This is daebak! Ae going on a date with Jonghyun!"

 

"Shhhh!" I stopped Suzy from uttering another sound. "It's not a date, alright? He just needs to talk to me."

 

"That's probably just an excuse. It's a date, Ae, I know it! Come, let's go shopping now, and get you a pretty dress, and go to the date like a pretty girl."

 

"But I don't like dresses-"

 

"I don't care."

 

"It's not a date, Suzy, it's just-"

 

"I don't care."

 

"Suzy, you don't have to-"

 

"I don't care of anything you say right now, so let's just go."

 

----

 

(Key's POV)

 

You gotta let go, Key. You gotta let go. He's found the right girl, you haven't. You're the Almighty Key, it's definitely hard to find someone as perfect.

 

I was always trying to encourage myself. I've got used to seeing Jonghyun and the trainee, so I don't really care. Now, I spent my time with Onew hyung, watching him eat chicken and listening to his very lame jokes. Sometimes, I go out with Taemin, (I steal him from Minho), and have fun with him. He's always so nice to be with, he's like a ball of sunshine, always there to make you smile. Then, there's Minho... I don't dare meeting him, he's not happy I took Taemin away.

 

"Key yeobo." Jonghyun came into the room.

 

He's used to calling me 'yeobo'. 

 

"Hi, Jjong." I replied, as I saw him opening the cupboard full of the only (very little) glamorous clothes he has. My closet: All glamorous. 

 

"Help me pick a nice suit, for tonight." He smiled.

 

"Why? What's happening tonight?"

 

"I asked her out."

 

"You did? She agreed? Wait, you confessed already?"

 

"Yeah.. I sorta confessed.. though she seems like she's cool with it and she's not giving me any reaction.. well, I didn't tell her it was a date, I just said, well, dinner, and I need to talk to her."

 

"But, Jjong, she's going to debut. Are you going to let her debut, become famous, with the topic: New artist dating Kim Jong Hyun?"

 

Jonghyun stopped, and stared at me, thinking about what I said.

 

"Key, I'm not trying to make her like me. I just want to spent the 30 days left with her, before she debuts. Because I don't wanna put her into any trouble after she debuts, and when she debuts, she'll be really really busy, and if I go out with her then, it might cause a chaos and-"

 

"I understand. So considerate." I smiled at him. "Now let's get you something nice."

 

I looked at his closet.

 

"Jjong, are these the only clothes you have? Because, they look-" I thought of a proper word to say, "- unglam." 

 

----

 

"Suzy, even if you bought me this, I won't wear it to meet him. If it wasn't a date at all, and I wore something so.. um.. Formal? Is that the right word? .. well, wouldn't he think I was narcissistic?"

 

"Oh, come on. He likes you, so it's obvious it's a date!"

 

"Wait, hold up, how did you know he likes me? I never told you."

 

"Wait, you know he likes you? Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"How did you know about it? Who told you? Jonghyun?"

 

"No.. Joon did."

 

"Joon? How did Joon know?!"

 

Okay, this is getting out of control. How do they know all these things?

 

"That day Jonghyun wanted to talk to Joon, after that, Joon came back and told me he likes you!"

 

"Jonghyun, talked to Joon?! But I thought they said they don't know each-" They lied . "-other."

 

"Oops." Suzy said, covering . ", , ."

 

"And Joon said no lies." I said, thinking about what he said the other day.

 

"I'm sure he would have tell you one day, he just doesn't want you to know, in case you lose focus on your work and your appa..

Joon was doing it for you."

 

Joon. Was always my best friend. Always doing the best, for me.

 

"Tell him I said thanks then." I told Suzy.

 

"How did you know Jonghyun likes you?"

 

"He told me."

 

"He what?!" Suzy looked at me, exasperated. "What did he say, what did he say?"

 

"Um.. he just said he likes me?" I looked at Suzy, not sure what was she expecting.

 

"Just like that? Ugh, not romantic at all."

 

I tried to recall the day he told me he liked me...

 

"We kissed." I said, unknowingly.

 

"You what?!"

 

"Wait, what did I just say?" I didn't realise myself saying anything.

 

"You said you guys kissed. On the lips!?"

 

"Suzy, keep quiet! We're in public." I was afraid someone would hear us. That would be so embarassing.

 

"On the lips?!" Suzy whispered, though I know she was tempted to know what happened.

 

"It's actually, he kissed me, not anything- but he said that was to shut me up.."

 

"Why does this sound like some drama I watched a few weeks ago?"

 

"Maybe he picked it up from there?" I laughed.

 

"But still, he kissed you? To shut you up- that means, the lips! OMG Ae, this is like- whoa, I can't put my feelings in words..."

 

"Don't tell Joon. Yet. He'll- kill me. Lecture. I'll be grounded."

 

"Alright, alright. Your secret is safe with Bae Suzy. Now, let's get you a pretty dress."

 

She'll get me a dress, yeah, but I'm not wearing it to meet Jonghyun. NEVER. And I'm suppose to forget about liking him, focus on my work, get ready to debut. Appa and oppa's first. Jonghyun.. next.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

I've been getting LOTS of random inspiration since writing about the JongAe couple. I'm shipping them alright. But there might be a twist, and Jongkey might end up together again. Both single. PUAHAHAHAHA. Lol just joking I don't know. Next chapter: The date! :DD Anticipate.