Final Decision

Glad I Met You :)

 

Music Bank just ended. I could hear the fans outside complaining and groaning.

 

I felt guilty, for not making an appearance on stage, and also for letting those fans (I once had) down. I had made a promise, I didn't want to break it anymore, despite how much I hated to leave. Appa was no longer here to remind me why I had to debut. I decided I should agree with Hongki, that I should leave the entertainment industry for good.

 

Who knows, he might even change his mind and attend appa's funeral. Just thinking of appa's death and how I will no longer be able to face Hongki in the future, drowned all my confidence and happiness away.

 

"Eunhee!" Someone shouted.

 

I was glomped and Jonghyun had to hold me so I wouldn't fall. Blonde hair brushed against my face. Obviously, it was Taemin.

 

"Taem-?" I mumbled.

"Where did you go? We were all worried sick!"

"I-I-I-"

 

I didn't know what to say. All that confidence I had just disappeared. I've even forgotten what I was planning to tell the company.

 

"I think you have some explaining to do, Eunhee." Another voice said.

 

It was manager. I bit my lip. I totally forgotten what to say! Maybe I'll tell the truth-ish?

 

I felt the grip on my hand tighten. I almost forgot that Jonghyun's hand was still holding mine. He then motioned me to follow manger and talk to him alone. I nodded and let go of his hand.

 

----

 

"Do you know how much trouble you've caused?"

 

I dare not look up at manager. I felt guilty.

 

"Without any explanations, leaving like that, what will the company say? You didn't inform a single person! Tell me, where did you go?"

 

My voice dropped to a whisper.

 

"My appa just passed away."

"Just now?"

 

I nodded.

 

"You went to see him and then came back?"

 

I shook my head.

 

"Then?"

"I went to look for my oppa so that I could fufill appa's dying wish."

"And?"

"I had to quit the entertainment industry to fufill it."

 

Manager looked at me in shock.

 

"Quit? Who is he to tell you to quit?"

"I've decided to quit as well."

"Eunhee, you're talented and you're just this close to becoming famous, but you tell me, you're giving it all up?"

"I didn't want to be famous in the first place. I just loved dancing."

 

He sighed.

 

"Then why are you quitting?"

"Because I don't want to debut, or have anything to do with the entertainment industry." I swallowed.

 

That was a lie.

 

Manager sighed. He was too tired to persuade me to come back, since I've already made my decision.

 

"So what do you think we should tell the media? We'll have to get them over to explain why you're leaving without getting any haters."

 

I thought for a moment.

 

"Tell them... my voice cracked and it's not going to get any better? At least that way, it proves how I can't get back into the entertainment industry, right?" I hope that would work.

 

He nodded, and seemed as if he agreed.

 

"We can't prove that though."

"Well, I could wear a mask and keep on coughing during the interview and maybe ask SHINee sunbaes to help out? To show that, well, I can't sing anymore. Also, I've twisted my leg a few times, we could use that to say that my dancing might not be that good as it was in the MV anymore?"

"It might work, but still, it's risky."

"Then add in some bits of the truth. About my father passing away, and it's brought so much grief I've decided not to continue. They could attend my dad's funeral as well, right? That's prove." 

 

Manager sighed and nodded.

 

"Fine, that's quite a lot of explanations. I'll discuss this with the company and see what they say."

 

He looked at me for one last time before adding, "I'll try my best to convince them."

 

I smiled and held the door open for manager.

 

"I'll try to convince the media, manager."

 

----

 

[Back at SME]

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

"So, you're leaving?" Key asked, frowning.

 

Eunhee nodded slowly. She didn't want to look up at any of us, and she didn't answer much of our questions. She only nodded, and shook her head to disagree.

 

It was obvious, wasn't it? She didn't want to leave at all, but she keeps on telling me she wanted to leave. I told her it was because she promised Hongki, but instead she denied it, and said that she wanted to leave, and live a normal life. She said she wanted to go back to school, she wanted to be with Joon and Suzy again, and she didn't want to meet her fans. She didn't want them to know anything about her or her past.

 

All lies.  I clenched my fists.

 

I didn't understand. Why did she have to go through all this? Why is she letting all of this go, something she had worked hard for a few years? Just to gain trust from her brother, who doesn't even admit that he has a sister? What if he didn't care? Though I knew Hongki wasn't someone like this, but when he says something, he means it, especially if it's something he has said for a few years. 

 

He never liked revealling his past, that Hongki hyung. He doesn't speak much when people talk about their families, he was also an emotional person, and quite straight-forward when stating his opinions. I didn't understand why he couldn't forgive Eunhee. She was nice, and so considerate, though she could be annoying at times I gotta admit.

 

"Eunhee. Could we talk for a moment?"

 

She stood up and nodded. We left the other SHINee members so that we wouldn't be overheard. I could hear the others talking about Eunhee once we walked away. We decided to go to her room to talk. I held the door open for her then I the lights and fan.

 

"Eunhee." We both sat on the bed.

 

Eunhee. I wanted to call her name for the rest of my life.

 

"Promise me you would actually speak up and not just nod and shake your head?"

"Alright." 

 

I was glad she was still willing to talk to me.

 

"If I don't want to answer, could I keep silent?" She suddenly asked.

"Okay." I thought it would be fair.

"I could ask you questions too, right?"

"Of course."

 

I held her hand. I wanted to hold her hand, whenever I can. I decided not to ask anything about why she was leaving, but instead ask her things I never really knew about.

 

"What or who aspired you to become an artist, to be honest?"

 

She blinked at me, never guessing I would have asked that.

 

"Well, it was appa, and well, Hongki... sunbae."

"Do you regret coming here though, to SM?"

 

She thought for a little while, then answered, "No, I don't."

 

I smiled.

 

"But, I think I shouldn't have met you before coming to SME, that way we could have gotten along much easier, just like the other members."

 

I shook my head.

 

"It makes a difference, Eunhee. You do see that you're more willing to open up to me, it's because we've fought before and basically gone through so much together. I'm sure you like me way more than the other members." I smirked.

 

Eunhee laughed.

 

"Oh you are so full of yourself, Jonghyun."

"But that makes me, me."

"And I open up to you because you're always forcing me to tell you. Even Key isn't such a busybody."

"I'm not a busybody! I'm just concerned."

 

She snorted.

 

"Concerned, indeed, you are. I am so touched." She said with sarcasm.

"Appreciate me, alright."

"Do you hate me for wanting to leave though, Jonghyun?"

"I don't, and I definitely won't."

"Don't you think that I've made a wrong decision?"

 

I pondered on her question for a moment.

 

"I hate to see you leave, I really do. You know, I do love you... don't you, Eunhee? But since you've made this decision, I guess I just have to respect it. Besides, I've already spent 30 days with you, I'm glad I've already done so."

 

She smiled what seemed like a sad smile.

 

"Thanks, Jonghyun." She led me to the door.

 

Before she closed the door, I heard her whisper to herself, "But sometimes, you have to learn how to let go."

 

________________________________________________

 

I updated! :D Yay~ My exams just finished today, and gosh, I am soo glad.

But I'm pretty sure I screwed up hahaha.