Come back, oppa.

Glad I Met You :)

 

"RING DING DONG, RING DING DONG, RIGGI DING RIGGI DING DING DING~" I sang.

 

"DEBUTING, DEBUTING, DE-DE-DE-DE-DE-DEBUTING~!" Key sang.

 

I stared at him and laughed.

 

"You look so excited, oppa."

 

"That's because I am!"

 

"Where's Jonghyun?"

 

"Probably in his room crying."

 

"I HEARD THAT, KEY." Jonghyun stormed out from some random corridor.

 

 

"I'm debuting today." I told Jonghyun.

 

"I'm not a pabo, you.. pabo. I know, okay?" He replied.

 

"I'm not a pabo too, you pabo. I know you know okay?"

 

"WAIT WHAT? What language are you two speaking? Why are you using the same words in a sentence?! Is it like, Key knows Key is awesome because Key has always been awesome. Right? Did that even make sense?" Key interrupted.

 

"Freaks." Minho walked passed and mumbled under his breath.

 

"Anyways-" Jonghyun rolled his eyes then turned to me. "-you, better get ready, make sure you remember your lyrics alright?

Don't want you forgetting your lyrics on stage, do we?"

 

"Yes, MUM." 

 

[Later then]

 

"All ready and packed up! Oh wait, where's my phone-"

 

"Hello, hello~ Nareumdaero yonggil naessoyo~"

 

I looked at the caller id: Donghae.

 

Donghae?

 

"Yes, Hae oppa?"

 

"I heard from my mum that your dad isn't stable now, he's being sent to the hospital immediately."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"He fainted earlier, and he's still unconscious according to mum. Remember what your dad's last wish was, I think he'll be able to cope it, he'll survive, don't worry. But if it's possible, please get Hongki back. In case your dad can't hold on any longer."

 

Shocked, I ended the call, grabbed my slingbag, and ran off to the airport. FT Island is reaching the airport soon, perfect timing.

 

----

 

(Hongki's POV)

 

"Finally, we've reached Korea! Our hometown~" Minhwan clapped in hands in delight.

 

"Wah, look at all our fans!" Jaejin exclaimed.

 

"You mean, MY fans." Seunghyun joked, which earned a death glare from me.

 

The five of us got off the plane and was welcomed by screams from all directions. Yellow flags and banners with our names were waved high up in the air. I waved to them, and shot them a smile, and walked ahead with the other members.

 

Then we were lead to a corridor where the fans weren't allowed to follow us anymore. Security guards blocked the entrance, to prevent the fans from rushing in and stalking us or whatsoever. But then, I heard a fangirl rebelling.

 

"Let me in! He's my brother, I need to speak to him immediately!"

 

"Who's brother?" Both Jaejin and Minhwan said at the same time, then stopped and turned around to look at who she was.

 

"You don't need to make a lie, this is where you can go up to!" One of the security guards said.

 

"Aish, I thought it was my noona, that gave me a shock." Minhwan said, and faced the front again.

 

"Me too." Jaejin said, as he took one more glance at the girl to make sure he didn't see the wrong person.

 

"But it's an emergency! Really, please let me speak to him!" She yelled.

 

The fangirls were screaming and I could see them dragging her back. Behind these shades, I couldn't see her face clearly. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

 

"Hey, isn't that the girl who isn't going to debut today?" Jonghoon whispered in my ear.

 

What?

 

I took off my shades and look at her. It was her. Ae Eun Hee.

 

"Keep walking." I told the other members.

 

----

 

"Wait, oppa, WAIT!" Hongki was walking away.

 

I used all my strength to push the fans AND the security guards away and sprinted towards Hongki. They quickly turned at a corner and I chased after them. More security guards pulled me over. I bit one of the guard's arm and ran forward again. I pulled Hongki's sleeve, causing him to stop.

 

"Oppa." I breathed, and looked into his eyes.

 

His eyes, showed anger, show a miserable past that he has not forgotten. His stare, showed how furious he felt, it showed hatred.

 

"Appa's dying. He wants to see you, he might not make it! He's going to die, he's being sent to the hospital, he-"

 

"I don't know you." He said coldly, and wanted to walk again.

 

The guards wanted to pull me back, but Jonghoon told them to stop for a while.

 

"Oppa, please, I know you know who I am. And I know you hate me. But he's your only father, you can't just let him die, can you? He wants to see you before he breathes his last breath. Hongki, come back." I pleaded, tears welling in my eyes.

 

"He's not my father. And I don't know who you are."

 

"AE HONG KI!" I shouted, no longer able to see anything due to the tears in my eyes.

 

SLAP.

 

I felt my face sting, and I could feel Hongki's cold stare.

 

"That. Isn't. My. Name." He breathed, fuming.

 

"You can hate me, you can call me a murderer, you can say I'm not your sister, but he is your only father, just.. go back and see him. I know you still love him." Tears were streaming down my face but he didn't show any sign of symphathy.

 

"No father will protect a murderer who killed his wife! It was because of you, OMMA DIED! Omma could have gone for abortion and still be alive, but no, because of you, she had to die! She sacrificed herself for you! You took away my only mother, my only hope, the person who taught me to be strong!" He bellowed.

 

I only listened and cried, I had no more strength to plead.

 

"Just- please."

 

"You were going to debut, were you? At this time. It's almost 7pm." He said, looking at his phone.

 

"Yes. But if you go visit father-"

 

"-you'll leave the entertainment industry? You'll never appear in front of me ever again?"

 

I nodded, although feeling sad about having to leave. But now appa mattered most. I could always do something else.

 

"Yes I will." I managed to say.

 

He looked taken aback by my answer, perhaps not understanding why I would sacrifice this great opportunity just to let him visit a dying person. Indeed, I have worked hard for years, because of appa, I have also not attended school. And I have wasted my youth years training.

 

"Leave." He said, after what felt like hours.

 

"But, appa, he-"

 

"Get out of the entertainment industry, don't debut tonight, and I might visit appa. Although I find no reason to. Besides supplying me food, a place to stay and clothing, he has done nothing much either." He said, tone not changing.

 

"You won't break that promise..?" I said, finally looking up him.

 

"Mum broke a promise. And that changed my life." He mumbled, as he walked away, with the other members following behind.

 

Appa, I have tried. Please hold on.

 

_______________________________________

 

Hating myself for making Hongki so evil. 

BUT. You have to understand, he has a very miserable past, which maybe I will tell it all out in a chapter but I'm not sure about that. It's not just about he's mother's passing away, althought that has left a HUGE impact on him, but he always felt that appa didn't love him as much as he loved Eunhee, because of some stuff which will be revealed in a chapter soon I guess. And also, Hongki hasn't been treated well at school and all that, which leaves a very miserable memory in his head. 

He has never forgiven anyone, including himself.

Basically he's one of the characters which I find the hardest to write... because I had to make him seem evil. BUT TRUST ME HE'S NOT. He just needs someone to... push him a little. And he's never told anyone about his past, so he's like cooping them all in, that's why he's mad. 

 

SORRY ABOUT THE RANT KAY.