BRIGHT SIDE

Flower May Flow In Your Weapon

                "Well, we have finished the therapy. So, like what we always do," said dr. corn, taking out 14 photo and put it on the table right in front of me.

I sat on the couch right in front of a white coffee table while he sat on the chair which was usually located in the dining room. "Select the people who are familiar to you"

I squinted my eyes and chose long-haired girl with a sweet smile and a wistful, Hyoyeon, glad that finally i could remember her.

"Hyoyeon" I said, pointed to the photo. I heard dr. corn chuckled.

then i chose a tall man, light-skinned and were so beautiful for the size as a man. then, dr. corn said, "he's the guy named Jaejoong" I just nodded at him.

then I chose one more picture, there were two people in it. there was a girl brown shoulder-length hair with a sweet smile and the long-haired girl withbangs and a face that seems quite plain. "That ahyoung and Chorong"

after that, I turned my gaze again on each photo and couldn't find a Baekhyun's picture.

I mean, the picture that similar to Baekhyun. although I didn't remember anything, but still there was a shadow in my mind about him.

"You're looking for Baekhyun?" asked dr. corn and I nodded.

"He's not here" he said as he sat up straight. I just sighed softly. "Come, quickly, select some pictures again"

then I chose a middle-aged woman with brown hair. she looked very impressive, despite being almost 40 years old.

“that’s dr. joohyun, anything else?” and i shook my head, i didnt’ remember the rest of them. dr. corn tidied up the picture and kept it in his bag.

“dr. corn”

“yeah?”

“why did you’re the only doctor that told me about their names?”

“what do you mean?”

“everytime i had a theraphy, they didn’t let me to know about their name. They only test me”

“whatsoever they did, it might be the best thing to do for you. i cure you in my way” said dr. corn as he rubbed my head before he went to the kitchen. He asked about breakfast, and i told him that i was okay with cereal.

Though, i’ve been rarely to had a breakfast.

I sat on the dining chair and watched dr. corn who prepared a cereal for me. “i dreamed about a crowded place, cities light, loud music, exit door, a guy with a mask. What was that? does they write that things in my file?”

Dr. corn put down the cereal box and was looking at me with a smile. He looked like trying to remember something and then he told me, “the club”

“i’ve been go to the club before?” i asked with my jaw dropped. Club is such a bad place, i even never thought that i’ve ever go to that place.

"Yes, naughty girl" he chuckled before ran to me with a box of cereal that was on his hand. when we were busy to eat our breakfast, dr. corn fell silent and looked at me. "Why did you said to dr. Joohyun that you wanted to delete all your memory?"

"I'm tired, I don't want to live like this. Live this way. I don’t even know if I'm alive or just being exist" I responded with a face that was quite frustrating. "And I want to forget about Baekhyun"

he asked, "he indeed hurt you, huh?"

"More than I ever imagined"

"Aren't you supposed to be happy that he could find another woman?"

"Of course I have, it's just that when he find it, I felt like I could very easily to be replaced. As if I was easy to be forgotten"

"So basically, do you still love him or not?"

"I loved him from afar. But when he was close, I hate him"

 

I was watching TV and I heard dr. corn was chatting with someone in his room. he was talking about a patient, he said that he would cure the patient in his own way.

in the more rational way, he said. when he came out of his room, I went back to the original seat and pretended that nothing happened.

"Maybe we could go for a walk" he said, held the car keys. "to your favorite place"

"I don't even remember it" I cried and pursed my lips. "I really don't remember"

he said, "it’s okay, you’ll remember it” with a smile that quiet seemed very familiar for me.

we got into his car and was driving to somewhere i didn’t know. I looked at dr. corn’s face, he seemed very exited and happy. As if he will meet his parents.

“dicussing about life” he said. “what’s life in your opinion?”

I sat properly and looked at the front. What’s life in my opinion? I even doesn’t remember when were the last time i saw a tree. “i think life is about falling in love with the right person, traveling a lot, eating your favorite food, sleeping all day”

He asked, “you don’t like shopping?”

“it’s been more than a year since i saw a boutique”

“want me to take you there? Shopping mall?”

“no, i prefer trees” i replied with a smile on my face. As we arrived, i was so suprised because we went to hyoyeon’s grave.

I did remember about this. Since when i still lived at hospital, hyuk always told me about her and it made my memories about hyoyeon still lingered.

"Dr. corn, what are we doing here?" I asked with confusion. "And how did you know this place?"

"We will visit your friend, and I have all the files you" he smiled and opened the door for me. I was really surprised, finally I could see trees and a lot of people besides Baekhyun.

it's been a week since I lived in his house, and this was the first time he let me out of the house.

dr. corn suddenly took my hand and led me to Hyoyeon's grave. "Do you remember this?" I nodded and smiled. how could I forget?

"Hi, Jung Hyoyeon. I was the personal physician for [Y / N]. I recently taking care of her to heal her so she can live perfectly without having a worry for relapse and-"

"remember Baekhyun"

"alright [Y / N], remember Baekhyun. Please tell God to allow me to do the best for her" heard what the dr. corn say, it was as if we were at the aisle and ready to get married.

after visiting Hyoyeon, we got up and prepared to go to the car. I turned my head towards my back and saw the grave-owned by Byun's, Baekhyun's father.

I immediately went to the grave where he was buried, ignored dr. corn who was calling my name.

"What's up?" he asked. "who's this?"

"This belongs to byun’s family, he was Baekhyun's dad. I often talk to him when I visited Hyoyeon. I don't know, I guess Baekhyun forget his own father. It seems very dirty" I get rid of the leaves that covered the gravestone and also dust. “Are you going to help me or not?”

Dr. corn smiled and helped me to clean the gravestone. After that, we both sat in front of him and decided to talk to him.

in case that maybe, he will reply me.

“hi, mr. Byun. This is [Y/N], your son’s ex, i mean one of his ex. We just broke up because of something, and i fault myself because i’m not good enough for him. if you wondered, i still love him so much. But i’m not sure that he even still thinking about me” i snorted a little before moved back and told dr. corn to go home right now.

He asked, “do you think he can hear that?”

“of course, magic does exist”

“it does?”

“i don’t know. I’m not looking at my life as what it is, but a little bit prettier, with a little bit of magic”

 

 

 

        “i miss haeun” i said to myself when i just got up from bed. i sighed, i really does missed that little kid and hyuk.

        Maybe dr. corn would let me to come to the hospital for a moment, right? after took a bath, i saw dr. corn at his office table with his work. “good morning, dr. corn”

        “good morning, [Y/N]” he said with a smile. “what happend?”

        “may i come visit hyuk and haeun? It’s been a while and i miss them so much” i said with some act on my face. I should be looking like so sad so maybe he would help me. “we will go to the hospital again, but not that hospital”

        I asked, “wait, why?”

        “Because........we’ll go visit your dad”

        “m-my dad? I-i don’t remember him”

        “you have to, and today i’ll make you remember him”

        “what’s happend with him?”

        “he got sick. Actually, he probably think that you won’t visit him, then let’s make some suprise for him”

 

        me and dr. corn directly went to the hospital where my father located. dr. corn told me everything about my father, he was trying to made me remember my own father.

he gave me some pictures and also told me our memories. and it does help, although I couldn't fully remember about my parents.

when we arrived, we ran into a middle-aged man who was younger than my father.

"[Y / N].....you're here!" he screamed, hugged me. I didn't know him so I felt weird. but dr. corn gave me a thumbs up and smiling, he told me he was my uncle who teaches in school.

I didn't even remember I had ever attended a school.

we entered the room shown by the man and saw my father lying there, weak. I could feel sad and happy.

sad because my father's condition and also happy because I could see him again. He haven't woke up yet, so I have not been able to talk to him. "What happened to him ......"

"He was sick because of work too much to make money for the cost of your hospital care. He indeed succeeded, but then this was happened to him" said dr. corn. "Therefore, I took you to my house to stay there. I'm going to help your family"

"Help? How?" I asked, confused. "I'll treat you for free, I don't mind"

I was confused. I don't know that there was a doctor as well as him. I was asked. "But why? Why me?"

"because.....the reason that you should not know"

"are you going to wash my brain or telling me?"

"we can't wash humans brain more than once in their life time"

"Wait, you mean I-"

"from all the signs that you have, they've washed your brain, but it isn't new. so I guess, they've done it from the old time"

 

I was at the dining room and read some dr. corn’s book. Then i found he just took a shower with a towel at his hip.

I looked at him for seconds and then continued to read the book. “i’m going to let you met the person, in real, face to face” said dr. corn as he came towards me.

“are you serious?” i asked, still couldn’t believe him. it must be very akward since i couldn’t remember them. “of course i am, i’m not going to lie. I’ll bring jaejoong, ahyoung, even baekhyun”

“alright, whatever, go wear your clothes, you’re ” i said without looking at him. instead went into his room, dr. corn sat next to me and looked at me who was reading his book. “why are you looking at me like that?”

He replied, “you remind me of my ex”

“really? The girl that almost became your wife?”

“yeah”

“anyway, what happend to her?”

“i lied for her own good. If she stayed with me, she’ll suffering for waiting for me”

“so, are you going to take her back or what?”

“i want to, but i’m not sure she will accept me again”

 

we were having a dinner at home, just the two of us. though I've known him in a matter of months, but I think we've become good friends.

I was hoping I wouldn’t like him, because obviously he still loved his ex.

"By the way, do you still remember hyoyeon's face?" asked dr. corn and I shook my head. I didn't remember anyone's face, but her name and our memories were still there in my mind. I might not be able to forget her. "do you want me to help you to remember about Baekhyun?"

"By the way, you can help to remember other's faces, but there is one that I want you to do. Please don't help me to remember Baekhyun, remove him from my mind because I don't want to remember him again" I said. "I'm serious"

he asked, "what if he still loves you?"

"If he loves me, he won't cheat on me like that. not when i'm sick"

"I guess I can't do it"

"Why?"

"[Y / N], I will help your relationship with Baekhyun but not like this. I'm not going to make you run away from the problem, I will make you go into the problem deeper and deeper that you can find the reset button for the problem easily and resolve the issue. do you understand?”

After the dinner, i washed the dishes while dr. corn was working on his table. i should’ve sleep right now but i wasn’t sleepy yet, i hope he won’t forced me to go to sleep. I ran to the couch and watched the TV. “[Y/N], you should go to sleep”

“but i’m not sleepy yet” i replied with a cheesy tone, tried to get an sympathy from him. “if you kept telling me that you’re not sleepy, you’re going to sleep with me”

“aish, come on! Don’t be like that” i changed my seat position and then sat there faced him. “i’ll be like that, go sleep”

I replied, “ugh, you’re annoying. Alright then”

“don’t hate me for that”

“i already hate you since you ask me a lot of question when the day we met”

“i’m serious, [Y/N]”

“me too, dickhead” i laughed at him before i realized what i just called him. dickhead.

This was what i always called baekhyun, because he was such a dickhead. At that moment, i realized that i do miss him so much.

I wasn’t going to lie, i missed him so much. My face changed, and dr. corn knew what happen to me. “see what happen if you were forcing yourself to forget him”

“i’m not forcing myself, good night, dr. corn” i closed the door and leaned against it. without knowing, my tears fell down one by one.

I missed him, so damn much until everything was hurt for me. i heard a knocked on the door. “are you okay?”

I replied, “i’m fine”

“don’t lie, i swore at you that i’m not going to lie, right?”

“No i’m not fine, i’m not even fine. I just want to hold him and just want to let him know that he’s very special to me and the only reason i’m telling this to him is that i don’t know if anyone else ever has. I want to hold his arm, until i broke my wrist, because i’m not going to care anymore. I know he had been cheating on me but it doesn’t mean i’ll forget him like that. i acted like i did forget him and i’m okay with it, but i’m not, i ing missed him. and i ing hate him because made me like this, making me hate him and cried every night because i remember every he told me. i’ve told him to not said those but he won’t listen to me. i’ve told him that he might going to find someone else and say the same thing as he told me, and he said that he won’t. But he did, he found someone else and it hurts me a lot than everyone could ever imagine” i said. “even you, dr. corn”

 

 

 

        “i used to have a sister?” i asked to dr. corn and he nooded. her name was Jung Seolhyun, and i’ve never thought that i’ve had a sister.

        He died when i was a little. then i wondered, why did everyone in my life dissapearing each year? It’s getting creppier. “this is your parents”

        “i remember them from the hospital” i said while looking at the picture. Dr. corn smiled and turned the other page of the photo album.

        “i guess this was all i have, i’ll test you” dr. corn got up from his seat and came into his room to take his bag.

        He took out some pictures and put the pictures on the table. he told me to pick the person that i remember, and the amounts were up to me.

        “dr. joohyun” i picked her picture again and put it on the other side.

        “hongbin” i took the picture of hongbin and put it on the top of dr. joohyun’s picture.

          It had been along time since the last time i met hongbin, anyway. “jaehyun” i picked the picture of a tall guy with a handsome face and put it on the top of the other’s picture.

        “chorong” that was the last picture. “does baekhyun’s picture is here?” i pointed at the pictures and dr. corn shook his head.

         He told me that he didn’t want to show me his face, since i told him to not make me remember him anymore. After tidying the stuff, dr. corn came approached me who was watching the tv alone. “let’s shop for groceries”

        I asked with a high-pitched voice, “YOU’RE TAKING ME OUT!?”

        “yeah, you’re bored here, right?”

        “DAMN RIGHT I AM” i took my jacket from my room and followed dr. corn to the parking lot.

          we ride his car to the store. I couldn’t stop looking at the view, i missed how crowded my life before.

          When we finally arrived, we took a cart then go shopping for groceries. I was so happy that afternoon, as if there was nothing that can brought me down.

           “what do you think about chorong’s plan? Isn’t she the one that is going to do something bad to me?” i asked.

        “does she even have a reason to do that?” asked dr. corn and i shuggered. I still didn’t remember about her plan, and i was sure i knew it before. Right before i had a brainwash. “maybe baekhyun remember about it, why don’t you just try to ask him?” i immediatly looked at dr. corn with my eagle eyes, and told him that i’m not going to talk to him.

        “i thought you’re saying you missed him” dr. corn chuckled and i sighed, i know i did miss him but i didn’t want to talk to him. “you know too much”

i sighed and kept pushing the cart. Suddenly, dr, corn put his hands between my body and helped me to pushed the cart.

So now i was at between his hands. Right in the middle of the cart and himself.

I said with a little surprised, "d-dr. corn ...."

"what's wrong?"

"you don't feel akward at all?"

"what do you mean?"

"You just like hugging me indirectly"

"You don't like it?"

"i-it's not like that, but-"

"Well then, you don't hate it, right?" I turned towards the back and saw dr. corn face which was only about 7 centimeters from my face.

He smiled as he saw my eyes and continued looking towards the front so that we won't hit anything or anyone.

maybe he didn't feel awkward, but I felt really awkward. moreover, he made me stayed with that position until the end of our shopping.

people might think I was his wife. okay it was creepy.

 

        After helping dr. corn to put the groceries into the fridge, i decided to put the plastic bag at the small warehouse right next to my room.

         when i opened the room, i saw a bycicle. It kinda made me reminded of the day that me and baekhyun used to ride.

         I went back to the kitchen and sat on the counter right behind him, “dr. corn, i don’t know you have a bycicle”

        “how did you find it?” he asked with a suprised face. “i accidently just saw it”

        “yeah, i didn’t use it anymore” he said with a smile upon his face. It made me curious. “but why? Ain’t it fun?”

        “it is, but it used to be fun for me. i used to ride it with my ex-fiance” he said with a sad face. I felt bad for asked him about that.

         i got down from the counter and hugged his arm. “i’ll be here for you if you need someone to talk about her” then i smiled to him before went back to my room.

        Before i could reach my room, suddenly someone knocked on our door. Dr. corn opened the door and there was a middle-aged woman that seemed very resemble to him.

         it must be his mom. when his mom met my eyes, she was suprised, “w-why did.......”

        “let’s talk first mom, i need to explain to you” dr. corn took his mom to outside the apartement and made me wait at the kitchen.

          It must be really rude if i stayed in my room so i decided to stay. A few minutes later, they came in and his mom wasn’t as suprised as she used to be. She became lighter.

        “i’m his mom! you’re so pretty”

        “ah thank you, ma’am, i’m [Y/N]”

        “i know, come sit with us”

        “ah i don’t think i should, it’s your time with your son, right?”

        “no no no, i’m insist. You have to tell me more about you” his mom took my arm to the living room while dr. corn only smiled while leaning against the door.

And now i was scared as , it was just like i was about to talk to my mother-in-law.

after a few minutes, me and dr. corn's mom became easy to each other. we even freely told each other about ourselves, and she also told me about her son who was none other than dr. corn.

"in fact, he has a younger brother, but not from our family. we nurtured him since childhood, and now he is living with his real parents" she said, and I could only nodded in understanding.

"So, do you forget about everyone?" she asked me and I could only nodded and explained to her that her son, dr. corn, helped me to remember everything while the doctor's at our hospital was planning to erase my memories back, which was bad for me.

"isn't he nice?" she asked and I nodded, he indeed very nice until I even couldn't understand why does his fiance decided to left dr. corn.

“okay girls, are you done now?” asked dr. corn and both of us chuckled.

I decided to left them to go to my room because i knew that they were going to discussed about their family, and i shouldn’t know about it.

i just sat in my room while reading some books that dr. corn bought for me. within around 30 minutes, dr. corn came into my room. “what are you doing just now?”

i replied, “just reading some books, she left already?”

“yup, she likes you. anyway, what do you want for dinner?”

“i ate before, i just going to sleep early now”

“are you sure?”

“pretty sure” he smiled and came towards me for rubbing my head. He walked to the door and before he closed the door, i called his name. “good night, dr. corn”

“good night, sugarlump”