Into the Light

A Lack of Normalcy

Kyungsoon’s POV

    I opened my eyes to a blinding light. Lifting my arm over my face, I shielded my eyes from the sun. I was lying in a warm field. The sun’s warm caress made me want to curl up and go back to sleep.

    The joyful laughter of a child reminded me why I was here. Standing. I could see a small log house. Out front a small boy, about four years old, was running around giggling as his father chased him. Haewon sat on a tree swing near by. Her expression was sad.

    After a moment I decided that I should approach her. “Eonni? Haewon Eonni?” She looked up at me and smiled, but it did not reach her eyes. She had dried tear tracks on her cheeks.

    “I don’t remember their faces.” She smiled sadly. Looking over I saw that the man and the boy were both faceless they had no descriptive features. “They can’t see me. That boy, he is my son Hyunwoo. He was such a bright child. My husband Minhyuk did everything for him. They were nearly inseparable.” Her shoulders fell a little. “Now I am stuck here watching them play. I can’t even join them. I guess this is my own personal Hell.”

    “I really don’t think that’s true.” I could not stand to hear the things she was saying. She was no longer the confident and in control woman I had come to know and depend on.

    My words seemed to awaken her a little. Her eyes widened in alarm and she stood. “What happened, how are you here?”

    I chuckled softly. “I was sent here to get you. You are still alive. We have been trying to wake you up for almost two days. Hakyeon hasn’t slept, well until recently.”

    Haewon shook her eyes and sat back down. Pushing off the ground she caused the swing to sway lightly. “I can’t go back. I ended a human life. Remember?”

    I shook my head, “That’s not true. Stop blaming yourself. Try to imagine where Soyoung and Miyoung would be right now without you?”

    “The would be dead, but they would have lived long happy lives with their families and the people they love.”

    I rolled my eyes. “They are doing that now. I assume you don’t understand pack dynamics, but Taekwoon explained a little to me. A pack is a family. The boys were a pack when they first came to town, a small family consisting only of men. Through the connections they have made with us, we were pulled into that pack. By being a mate to a member, we are a member of the pack as well.”

    I grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet. Tucking her arm into my own we began to walk. “Sojung and Miyoung have found Hongbin and Wonsik. If you hadn’t changed them, they would have never met.” I searched her eyes for any sign of emotion.

    “I guess that’s true.” She conceded with a sigh.

    “They were also how Hakyeon found you. Where would Hakyeon be if you two had never met?” She shrugged and a held back the urge to shake her by her shoulders. “You should see where everyone is right now. Chohee and Minji have been working so hard to find a way to bring you back. Miyoung and Soyoung are barely talking, they both are blaming themselves. Hongbin keeps trying to cheer up Soyoung, and Wonsik keeps saying stupid things and giving Miyoung an outlet for her anger. Jaehwan has been trying to cheer us up, but mostly hiding from everything. Taekwoon and I have been in the middle, neither of us really knowing what to do.”

    There was a small flash of worry in her eyes, but it was quickly gone, “They will learn to survive without me.”

    “What about Hakyeon? Do you think he will be able to survive without you?” she stopped moving and her eyes quickly filled with sadness. He started grabbing at her shirt above her heart. “Do you understand how being a mate works? It is very uncommon for a someone to live very long after their mates death. If they do. The light is gone.”

    Haewon started to drop to her knees. “He, he has good friends. They will help him. He will be ok.” She nodded a little trying to reassure herself of her words.

    “He is already starting to fade. He won’t leave your side. Taekwoon had to force him to eat, and to sleep. He has lost a lot of weight,” She shook her head to deny my statement.

    I decided to take a new route. I dropped to my knees as well and pulled her into a hug. Holding her tight, I whispered sadly, “I wonder if Taekwoon will be ok without me?”

    Haewon pushed me back, and searched my face with concern, all trace of her former self pity was gone, “What do you mean, without you?” Her mothering one was back, “You will be going back to him. You have done nothing wrong and have no reason to be here.”

    I smiled at her sadly, “Well, you are the reason I am here, and only you can find our way back. If you don’t return neither do I.” I wasn’t sure if this was entirely true, but with the information given to me by Minji and Chohee it was the conclusion that I had come to.

    Haewon shook her head and ground her teeth together. With an exhale of frustration she gave in. “Fine, I will go back. But only because I don’t want any more lives ended because of me.”

    Haewon dragged me back to the house. She immediately opened the door. An motioned for me to go first. Behind us I heard a small, “Eomma? Are you leaving?”

    Haewon gave a small gasp. She lowered herself to the ground, and was able to see the face of her child. She placed her hands on his cheeks and brushed at them with her thumbs. “yes, baby. I have to go.” She placed a gentle kiss to his forehead and continued to stare at him. Memorizing his face.

    The little boy grinned and waved, “That’s ok. Appa and I will be here waiting for you.” The little boy grinned and waved.

    Haewon’s body was shaking with her sobs. I gently pushed her forward, “Give him a hug.” I whispered.

    She and the little boy met. She pulled him into her arms and spun around with him in her arms. “Eomma loves you so much. I wish I could take you with me.”

    The little boy looked over his shoulder, “Can I Appa?”

    The man was still faceless, but he nodded once and waved us on. The three of us walked into the house. There was a bright flash of light, and the world faded to black.

 

 

 

    

So, when I started writing this, I had no intentions of Haewon's child coming back with her... So I am just as excited as you to see where this goes. lol
 
I hope you are al enjoying. :) Please comment, subscribe an upvote! I love you all! <3