Minji and Sanghyuk

A Lack of Normalcy

Minji’s POV

    Hakyeon called in to the school to get Sanghyuk out of classes, but unfortunately I still had to attend. I was normally a good student who paid attention in all of my classes and took notes. Friday my mind was everywhere but on my school working. I spent most of my day hiding my phone from my teacher and pestering Hyuk with text messages asking him what we were doing once school let out. He wasn’t telling.

    It didn’t take long for the other girls in class to notice I was acting different. Since I had been spending more time around Hyuk they had been teasing and picking on me more often.

    During a break one of the girls snatched my phone out of my hands and swung it gently in front of my face. “Who have you been texting? Sanghyuk? Your boyfriend.”

    I sighed trying not to let them get to me. “Yes.” I replied simply holding out my hand.

    The girls mouth dropped open. She looked like a fish as she stood there opening and closing . Her face began to turn read from either anger or embarrassment. It was well known that she had a crush on Hyuk since day one. “But Sanghyuk doesn’t date.” She said smugly. Wrinkling her nose in disgust. “He’s told me that several times himself.”

    I chuckled, “maybe he doesn’t date you.”

    Her face became a darker shade of red. I was waiting for cartoon smoke to come out of her ears. “Fine. If you’re together, prove it.” She handed back the phone. “Show me a picture of you two.”

    I thought for a moment. We hadn’t taken any pictures together. “Monday.” This time she and her group of minions all laughed. “Monday, I’ll bring in a picture of the two of us.”

    “Sure you will.” She giggled annoyingly.

    I let my temper win, “If I don’t, I’ll come to school in my pajamas.”

    This must have caught her interest, because she met my challenge. “And if you do, I’ll come in mine.”

    She set my phone down on the desk harder than necessary and held out her hand to shake on the bet.

 

    Hyuk picked me up in my truck as soon as classes ended. Once I was in the car he tossed me a pick sweater with a cartoon wolf on the front. I looked at him in confusion. He pulled open his jacket to reveal that he was wearing a matching sweater in green. I removed my jacket and slid it over my uniform shirt while giggling.

    “I wanted to do couple things.” He stated, looking a little embarrassed, “I’ve never been in a relationship, so I wanted to do everything I saw in the dramas.”

    I nodded with mock seriousness before giving into giggles, “that sounds perfect. Where are we going first?”

    Sanghyuk grinned at me. “You’ll see.”

    A few minutes later we were standing in front of a food card selling spicy rice cakes. “Tteokbokki!?” I exclaimed. I jumped a little and held his hand with both of mine. Upon seeing my excitement Hyuk grinned back.

    We ate and fed each other for a while. Hyuk stopped my hand as it was on it’s path to my mouth and redirected it to his own. “Save your appetite.”

    I nodded, he paid and we left. Next we arrived at an ice cream stand. Hyuk insisted on different flavors so we could share. My cheeks burned each time he took a bite of mine.

    We walked around as we ate our ice cream, window shopping at all of the stores. While passing the jewelry store I noticed a pair of plain couple rings. Both were actually two rings that had been twisted together to form a single ring.

    Once we finished our ice cream we made our way to a photo shop. We looked through all of their costumes and picked out a few. We had fun playing around in the different super hero costumes.

    It was 5:30 PM when we finally left. As we were walking back to the truck, Hyuk stopped me and sat me down on a bench. I looked at him puzzled. He pulled a black box out of a back of trinkets we had purchased while eating ice cream. Slowly, he opened the box to reveal the rings I had been admiring.

    “I don’t think it’s been made official.” He looked up at me as held the ring. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

    I chuckled, “Of course!” He slid the ring onto my finger. I pulled the other ring out of the velvet and returned the favor. We both grinned like idiots. Remembering my conversation for earlier. I nervously cleared my throat and began to explain. “So, um, I, uh.” Sanghyuk chuckled as I struggled to find words. “I sort of made a bet with one of the girls at school. She insisted that we weren’t dating, and challenged me to bring in a picture of us together.”

    Hyuk shrugged, “So bring in a picture.”

    “But we haven’t take a real picture together.” He nodded understanding my predicament.

    “Well lets take one now.” I pulled my phone out of my pocket and he took it from me. He stretched out his arm so that we were both visible in the frame. I held up my hand to show off the ring, Hyuk used his hand with the ring to grab my wrist gently. This way they were both visible. I smiled as he counted down, “Three, two,” he turned his head to kiss my cheek while pressing the button.

    On the screen I was frozen in a shocked expression as Hyuk’s lips were firmly pressed against my cheeks. t was a very nice picture of both of us. Immediately I made it my home screen, wallpaper.

    Sanghyuk stood and pulled me to my feet as I continued to admire the picture. “Come on, we should get home. If we’re late for dinner the hyungs will kill me.” He chuckled softly, calling out my name. When I looked up, he leaned forward closing the distance. I felt the air escape my lungs as his soft lips met mine.

    The kiss ended too soon. Sanghyuk grabbed my wrist and pulled me along. As we made our way back to the truck his hand slid down to hold mine. After a moment we laced our fingers. We reached the truck in comfortable silence. I was sad to let go of hands, but wiped my sweaty palms on my skirt. Before getting into the passenger seat. Once we were back on the road, Hyuk’s hand found mine again and everything felt right.

 
 
I totally meant to get this chapter up yesterday, but had absolutely no motivation. kik
I hope you enjoyed! Please comment, vote and subscribe! I love  you all! ♥