Studio

A Lack of Normalcy

Hakyeon’s POV

    A week went by too quickly. I spent a lot of time thinking about what Haewon said, about respecting myself, and about delegating, rather than trying to take on all of the responsibility. Rather than thinking of myself as a parent, I tried to think of us as a team. We work together, we depend on each other.     

    It was hard to do when I was listening to the sounds of Jaehwan and Wonsik play keep away with one of Sanghyuk’s toys. I peeked into the hallway to see Jaehwan hide behind Taekwoon, “Oooo- Ottokaji?” He stretched the word, asking the older boy.

    Perfect, I thought, I can let them sort this out themselves. I’ll trust Taekwoon to resolve it.

    Taekwoon blinked slowly, and turned to face Jaehwan with a hand out stretched. Jaehwan grinned sheepishly and stuttered,”O-ottokaji?” and handed over the toy.

Taekwoon walked to Sanghyuk and placed the figure on his chest as he walked past. He didn’t look back, and continued down the stairs. Hongbin began to laugh.

I smiled to myself and returned to my room. Maybe I don’t need to nag them as much as I thought.

Seeing that it was still early in the day, I decided that I would workout for a bit before I started preparing for charades tonight. I quickly changed, grabbed a towel and my ipod, and made my way to the attic. At the vine covered wall, I ran my left hand along it as I walked to the far right. I pushed a large leaf out of the way and firmly grasped the hidden handle. The door opened easily. I walked in and let the door close behind me.

The room had wood floor and the other side of the wall of vines was made mostly of mirrors. The far wall had a single large window. There was a large stereo against the left wall. I walked over to the stereo and connected  my ipod. I scrolled through my playlist before selecting a song. The upbeat rhythm of drums filled the room. I set down my towel and stared into the mirror. My reflection stared back with unwavering eyes. The song changed, and I began to dance. I let my body move to the rhythm and felt the stress of the week escape.

Around the sixth song I heard pounding coming from the direction. I couldn’t help by smile. Haewon was still knocking in the wrong area, even if she was closer. I turned the music off, and picked up my towel. I mopped at my face and neck trying to make myself look a little decent. I opened the door and stepped back into the outdoor room. Her annoyed face greeted me.

She a bottle of water towards me. “What is in that room anyway?” I shrugged and took a drink. Once I returned the cap I opened the door and waved her to follow me inside.

She looked baffled. “No what you were expecting?” I chuckled

Shaking her head she replied, “I’m not sure what I was expecting. I know it wasn’t a dance studio.”

I nodded and approached the stereo, first turning down the volume before selecting a soft song and pressing play. As the music started I returned to Haewon, “I know a dancing bear, it’s funny right?”

Before she answered I grabbed her hand, and placed my hand on her waist pulling her to me. We began to sway to the music. She smiled and let me dance with her. “Why a studio?”

I shrugged and turned her, “Dancing is a way to relieve stress, it’s a form of expression, and it’s a great workout. Why not a studio?” As the song neared it’s end I grinned at her, “And it’s great for seducing the ladies.”

Haewon chuckled, and stepped back as the song switched to an upbeat rap song. I grinned and began to mouth the lyrics. Haewon’s face lit up and she laughed musically. I stopped rapping a stood up. “You’re stunning.” I breathed.

She looked at me confused, and her normal reserved expression had returned, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make things awkward. I know I said you’re pretty when you smile, but seeing you laugh like that, I can’t help but think you are the most stunning person I’ve ever met.”    

Haewon looked a little afraid and very caught off guard. “Thank you, I think.” After a short pause she regained her composure. “That has to be one of the corniest or creepiest lines I’ve ever heard.”

I chuckled and felt my cheeks grow warm. “So why are you here so early anyway?”

“Ah, that’s right.” She looked shocked as she was reminded of her mission, “I am here to walk through this house with a fine tooth comb.”

I looked at her puzzled and she sighed, “We are going to walk through this house and pay very close attention. When we are finished there will be nothing here showing that you are anything but six normal, human guys living together.”

Now that I understood, I nodded in agreement. I looked down at my sweat drenched shirt. “May I shower first?”

Haewon made a show of pinching her nose and waving her hand infront of her face, “Yes please!”

 

 

 

Sorry for another short chapter. I spent today at an anime convention, and was really tired. This convention has a kpop booth every year... I spent so much money lol

 I am going to try to post twice tomorrow if I can.  Oh and tomorrow will be the episode with Charades :D I am so exited!