What Needs Done

A Lack of Normalcy

Minji’s POV

    I am not sure how long we spent searching through every book that held spells. After what felt like an eternity my cell phone began to buzz. Seeing my grandmother’s name on the caller ID I answered the call, “Hello?”

    “Hey honey, how are things there?” She asked casually? Before I was able to answer she continued, “Check the second book in, the third shelf from the window.”

    Confused I did as instructed and read the spin. “Mermaids, Selkies and Sirens?”

    “Sorry, try the left side of the window.”

    I sighed and moved to the other side of the window. “A Guide to Dream walking?” I asked again.

    “That’s the one!” I handed the book to Chohee who flipped the book open and scanned the index.

    “What do we need with a book on Dream Walking? What even is dream walking?”

    My grandmother chuckled softly. “Your friend, the Vampire? She is sleeping right? Slowly becoming weaker. You will need someone to enter her dreams and bring her back.”

    “All we need to do is wake her?”

    “No, she was affected by the curse. She has taken a human life. To return she will need to feel remorse, and then she will need to forgive herself, and be forgiven.”

    I didn’t even bother asking how my grandma knew what needed to be done. From the background I heard her friends calling for her. “I’ve got to go now, good luck~!” She sang.

    My grandmother ended the call abruptly. I started at my phone blankly and gave out a short laugh. “Well, I guess one of us is dream walking.” I turned to Chohee, “Finding anything about sleeping death, or sleeping dead?”

    “Chapter 23 is all about bringing someone back from sleeping death.” Chohee set the book down on the desk and all of the girls crowded around. She flipped to the start of chapter 23. “Chamomile, Lavender, Saint John’s Wort, and Valerian Root.” Chohee glanced at me with a raised eyebrow.

    “It makes sense that they will help you dream walk. I have all of those at home, they aren’t really rare.”

    Chohee nodded, “This part is strange, and gross. You need a part of the person who you will be visiting.” She traced her finger down the page, “A hair or fingernail clipping is suggested. Although saliva or blood would also work.”

    “I’ll get Sanghyuk and we will go get the needed ingredients.” Can you tell the guys what is going on and get the water boiling?” I delegated, assigning the tasks. Chohee nodded and went to prepare water while Miyoung, Soyoung and Kyungsoon went to the room were the boys were.

    Walking in I noticed that Hakyeon wasn't in the room. I grabbed Sanghyuk’s arm and pulled him out the door behind me. “Hakyeon still in Haewon’s room?”

    He nodded, “Yeah, he won’t leave her side for anything. He is using his laptop to search the internet for anything that might help. I’m worried about him.”

    I nodded, and pulled myself into the car. “We may have a way to bring Haewon back. It’s called dream walking. Personally I think it’s best if we hold off on telling Hakyeon. I don’t want to get his hopes up.”  

    “Ok, I can understand, but where are we going?”

    I pulled out onto the main street. “Root run. Dream walking requires herbs.”

 

Kyungsoon’s POV

    “It’s called dream walking.” Soyoung explained.

    “The book described it as falling asleep in someone else’s dream. One of us will enter Haewon’s dream and convince her to come back.” Miyoung continued.    

    “If she only has to want to come back, why isn’t she awake already?” Wonsik asked.

    Miyoung smiled, “Come here.” She wiggled her finger at wonsik beckoning for him to come closer. Once close enough, Miyoung rose onto her toes and lightly smacked the back of Wonsik’s head. He grimaced and pulled back.

    “She probably doesn’t know it’s possible to return. She may feel guilty, or not know that she will be accepted.” I answered sadly, “She is there because she ended a human life, the guilt may be eating her alive.”

    Chohee quickly sauntered into the room. She stopped at my side and flipped through an old leather bound book. She made a little sound of victory when she located the correct page. “Ah-ha! Chapter 23.” She set the book down on the coffee table with a loud bang, and giggled softly “Sorry, more force than intended”

    She pointed a finger at the top of the page and mumbled as she quickly skimmed. Turning the pages twice, she finally exclaimed,  “found it!” Chohee lifted the book from the table and balanced it on one hand as she brushed back her unruly curls with the other. Again tracing with her finger she read aloud “Due to the genetic makeup of most supernatural beings this will work best when used by a Human.”

    All eyes turned to me. “I guess I’m dream walking?” I questioned. My stomach turned over at the thought of the potion that Minji and Chohee were to prepare. Taekwoon wrapped an arm around my waist comfortingly, and placed a kiss on top of my head. I looked up at him and smiled. My smile wavered and he nodded his head toward the door. I nodded and we excused ourselves.


 

I buried my face into Taekwoon’s sweater as he pulled me closer. I inhaled the scent of his fabric softener, and whispered “I’m scared.” It was barely audible, but I knew he had heard me from the way he gently my hair. “What if I can’t bring her back? Hakyeon needs her.” My voice wavered as tears gathered in my eyes. “We all need her.” The first tear slipped out.

Taekwoon placed his hands on either side of my face and tilted my head until our eyes met. “Everything will be ok.” He stated softly placing a kiss on my wrinkled brows. “You are strong, and smart, and very persuasive.” He wiped away my tears with his thumbs, and placed a gentle peck on my nose. “If anyone can bring Haewon back to us, it would be you.”

I rose up to place a chaste kiss on his lips. “Thank you.” I whispered.

 

The door slammed open and Chohee bounced through the door. “Oops!” Her eyes widened and I tried to pull away, but Taekwoon’s hand pulled me back. “Sorry, but Minji is back.”

 
 
I know I took forever to get you this chapter.
I've had a whole lot going on in my life, I have anxiety issues, and bonus points if you know what Vitiligo is!
Hopefully things will be improving. :) 
 
On the bright side. I went to Kcon NY in August (saw VIXX live again! I will post pics below. I also saw Big Bang in NY. I will be going to see Block B in Chicago on 11/13. Busy year!
I promise I will update very very soon. (like tomorrow maybe?)
Please comment and Subscribe. I ♥ you all!
 
And yes those are my pictures, from my standing location in the GA pit at kcon.