Once Bitten, Not Shy

A Lack of Normalcy

Wonsik’s POV

    “Hey Binnie, let me use the car.” I knocked on the door to his room.

    I heard his foot steps, and then the door opened. “Why? Where are you going?” He yawned.

    “I wanna go see Miyoung. I just realized I never got her phone number.” It was true. We hadn’t been thinking about phone numbers on Friday night or Saturday morning. I went all day Saturday watching my phone, expecting her to call. It wasn’t until around noon on Sunday that I had noticed that she didn’t have my number.

    Hongbin retreated into his room and came back dressed for the day, and holding the keys. “Fine, but I’m driving, oh and you get to tell Hyung.”

    I nodded, “Deal, I’ll just shoot him a text.” I pulled out my phone and sent Hakyeon a quick message.

        Wonsik: Hyung, Binnie and I are going to see girls. Be back soon.

    After a few minutes I still didn’t have a reply, “I’m sure he is fine with it. At least he know’s where we went.”

    Hongbin started the car and drove us over to where Miyoung and Soyoung lived. Before the car had been turned off, I was knocking on the door. Soyoung answered the door and in my hurry I mistook her for her sister. I placed each hand on her cheeks just below her ears and gave her a kiss. I received a loud slap in return.

    I was glad to hear Miyoung laughing from behind her sister. I let go of Soyoung and looked over her shoulder at Miyoung “Sorry,” I apologized to Soyoung with a sheepish grin directed at her sister.

    Hongbin pushed me away, and gently pulled Soyoung out of the doorway by her elbow. Once my path was clear I made my way over to Miyoung. Placing my hands gently on her hips I lifted her to my mouth, and let my hands slide around her waist. She returned my kiss threading her fingers through my hair and tugging lightly. After a moment she stopped and gave me a painful pinch on the tender skin on the underside of my arm.

    I carefully set her on the floor. “You can’t carry me unless I’m poisoned. It makes me seem weak.”

    I grinned amused at her comment, “I guess you’re right. I could never be with someone who was seen as weak.”

    “Hm, so you want to be with me now? That’s the first I’ve heard of this. I don’t know, I guess you will have to persuade me.”

    “I think I can do that.” I confidently bent and placed one hand behind her knee and the other on her back, and picked her up in a princess carry.

    She pounded firmly on my chest, “Not unless I’m poisoned.”

    Sadly, I set her back down.  “How often do you think you’re going to be poisoned?”

    “Often enough.” She grinned and grabbed my hand pulling me out of the room.

 

Soyoung’s POV

    I stared after my sister and Wonsik, in shock. My sister had not smiled like that in quite a while. Hongbin seemed just as shocked at their behavior.

    He cleared his throat.  “I think it’s safe to say that they're soulmates.” He shook his head, trying to clear out what he had just seen.  “I hope they get finished with this newlywed behavior soon.”

    “Can you imagine the pet names?” I giggled.

    “Oh Sikkie!” Hongbin attempted to imitate Miyoung’s voice.

    Between giggles I tried to imitate Wonsik’s rasp “Oh Miyoung-ah!” I continued to laugh at our terrible impressions. “Oh, I’m sorry. Please come in.”

Hongbin nodded.  “It’s probably not a good idea for your neighbors to see us laughing like idiots on your porch.”

I raised an eyebrow and looked around. “Our nearest neighbor is at least half a mile away.  I think it would be worse if they were able to see us laughing on the porch.”

Hongbin laughed again at my comment, but I became fixated on his dimples. I didn’t consider myself a funny person, but I would do nearly anything to see him smile. I was an observer, I didn’t usually talk much. Normally Miyoung talked for me, but I found myself enjoying the time I spent talking with Hongbin.

I wonder if this is how Miyoung feels about Wonsik. Does he make her want to try something new? I guess she didn’t really mind Wonsik caring for her when she wasn’t feeling well. In the past she always insisted on taking care of herself as well as me.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Honbin’s words pulled me away from my thoughts.

I felt my cheeks grow warm, and I looked down at my feet. I looked back up at him, remembering that he made me want to try something new. I looked him in the eye and told him just what I was thinking. “I was wondering if this is how Wonsik makes Miyoung feel.” Even though I said it confidently, my cheeks still burned from embarrassment.

Hongbin looked puzzled, “And how do you feel?”

My face felt like it was on fire. I covered my face with my hands and mumbled “Like I’d do anything to make you smile.”

After hearing Hongbin’s laugh, I pulled my hands from my eyes, only to be pulled into a hug. I turned my head so I could see, and hit him lightly on his chest.

“Ow, what as that for?” Hongbin grabbed my hand and looked down at me.

I looked up at him and pouted trying to look cute.  “I said I wanted to see you smile.”  

Hongbin smiled and leaned down cautiously. I grew impatient. I stood on my toes and pressed my lips to his. I could feel him smiling against my lips. I began to grin too. I let my arms wander up to his neck, they slid around until my thumbs were gracing the ends of his hair.

“Oh, uh...” I looked over my shoulder to see Haewon walking back toward her study as quickly as possible. Seeing her walk away, I began to giggle again.

I looked back to Hongbin, “I don’t know that I’ve ever laughed this much before.”

Hongbin shifted nervously, “You know what could be fun? We should all get together next Saturday to play charades.” He paused, “With Minki, at Hakyeon’s lake house.”

I laughed, “Really? With the hunter?” I pulled back and shook my head in disbelief. “I know we are supposed to get close, but I think it may be a little too much to have him into your home.”

Hongbin shrugged, “As long as he stays out of the attic, he should be ok. I just thought that having him over would be a good way to make him trust us quickly.” He smiled, “I mean, who in their right mind would knowingly invite their enemy into their home?  Even you thought I was insane.”

“Well, I guess if he suspected us, then he wouldn’t come.” I smirked at him and stole his words.  “Who in their right mind would knowingly walk into the home of their enemy?"