Friday's End

A Lack of Normalcy

Minki’s POV

    I spent the day Friday watching Hyunsoon making plans. She made several phone calls, and flipped through several notebooks trying to come up with the best way to harm the people I was now trying to help. I knew in my family's eyes I was betraying them. All I had seen from my time spent with these so called monsters, was that they had great respect for all living things. They only wanted to live. They lived out of the way in order to hide what they were and protect humans.

    Nothing Hyunsoon could say would make me betray my decision to help them. After one phone call I tapped her on the shoulder. "Mind if I help?"

    She turned to look at me with a grin, "Of course." She pulled over a chair and asked me to sit. He excitement left a sour feeling in my stomach, but I was committed to what I had started.

    Hyunsoon wanted to use my knowledge of the enemy and the area in order to help come with a good strategy. I used this to create a plan that they Chohee's friends would hopefully be able to see through.

    Around dinner time the other hunters started to arrive. I was shocked by their size. There were four hulking men that towered over me, and one very muscular girl. They all listened to Hyunsoon, and treated her as their leader. I sent out a silent prayer that we would be able to all get through this in one piece.

 

Kyungsoon’s POV

   Dinner was great. Once we arrived an interrupted Haewon and Hakyeon canoodling in the kitchen, Taekwoon and I helped prepare. The finishing touch was to sprinkle the  mixture of herbs over the dishes. We all sat down around a large table and sat staring at each other for several long moments before slowly we each began to eat. At first we were awkward and mostly silent. Soon there was a loud conversation and the occasional roll being thrown across the table. Everyone was laughing, even Taekwoon.

   After dinner we settled down to watch a movie together. Four people to each couch, and four more on the floor. After the first movie, another was put in. Most did not make it until the end of the second movie. When the credit's began to roll I looked around to see that Taekwoon and I were the only two still awake. I suspected Taekwoon was only awake, because I stood to turn off the TV.

    He and I brought out pillows and blankets and carefully shifted people into more comfortable positions. When we were finished we sat back and surveyed our work. Taekwoon's arm came around my shoulders and I leaned into him with a sigh. There were bodies strewn all over the room, and soft snoring coming from Hyuk and Wonsik. I looked up at Taekwoon and opened my mouth to speak. He placed a single finger to his lips to quiet me and led me into his room.

    We sat on his bed with our feet hanging off the edge. I leaned against him as we breathed in unison. We sat there like that for a moment, treasuring the feeling of simply being together. My thoughts wandered to tomorrow. The realization that the man I loved, and the people I cared about the most were being hunted, that people wanted them dead, hit me all at once. I didn't even notice I was crying until Taekwoon wiped away the first tear.

    His tender touch caused the tears to move more quickly. I fisted both of my hands in his sweater and buried my face in his chest as his palm drew circles on my back, and the other hand patted at my hair. He didn't say a word, but words weren't what i needed, and anything he said wouldn't have appeased me anyway. We were all going to battle tomorrow. He would be in danger, and I wouldn't be with him. I looked up at him, and saw him swallow and look away. His eyes were misty and he bit at his lips.

     Taekwoon wouldn't meet my eyes. I wanted to be strong for him, to show time that everything would be ok. I took a deep breath and used the back of my sleeve to dry my tears. I straightened, and looked at him again. When he still would not meet my eyes, I grabbed his cheeks with both hands and turned his face so that he was looking directly into my eyes. I stared at him without a word. He appeared startled by my action.

    I mouthed 'I love you' and he answered with a whisper. I leaned forward and gave him a chaste kiss. I began to pull back, but found Taekwoon's hands on my waist. He lifted me slightly and pulled me into his lap before kissing me again. This kiss was more passionate and exploring. One of my hands found its way to the back of his head and tangled in his hair, the other rested at the back of his neck keeping him in place.

    My heart began to pound until I thought it would beat out of my chest. My hand slid down to Taekwoon's chest. I wanted to know if his heart was also beating uncontrollably. I felt it racing in perfect time to my own. Gently I pushed away, my eyes first went to lips and then to his eyes. The hunger in his eyes caught me off guard. I didn't know if I was excited or terrified, but my heart began racing again. His pink tongue darted out to at his bottom lip, and we came together like opposite ends of a magnet.

    Taekwoon's lips left my mouth and began kiss his way to my neck. I'm not sure if he started to lay me down, or if I pulled him down on top of me, but we shifted and let our hands wander.

 

     That is how they found us the next morning. It was Wonsik who answered opened the door. There was a faint knock before the door slammed open. I opened my eyes and rubbed at them lightly. I looked at Wonsik curiously. I took in his shocked expression before realizing that I was not alone in bed. Taekwoon's arm's were still around me, and I was pressed into his bare chest.

    Wonsik his heels and ran out the door yelling, "Mom!"

    Once Wonsik was gone, Jaehwan, Hongbin, and Hyuk felt the need to peek their heads in. Taekwoon pulled the pillow from behind his head and threw it at them with a glare. Hakyeon walked up to see what was causing the fuss. Surprisingly he only smiled and closed the door. From the other side of the door he yelled, "I'll come get you when breakfast is ready."

    Once I heard his retreating foot steps I tried to pull the blankets over my head. "How can I ever face them again?"

    I felt Taekwoon's laughter as he pulled me against his chest. "You're beautiful." He placed a kiss on my nose. "You're smart." He placed a kiss on my forehead. "And I love you." He placed a kiss on my lips.

    I gently pounded on his checks before covering my burning cheeks with my hands. "You better not look!" I stated as I rose to put on my clothes from the day before. He is answer was only his rare chuckle.

 

 

So uh, that chapter... I have no clue where that came from. *cough cough*

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please comment, vote and subscribe! 

I love you all! ♥

 

I am sorry that I have not been writing as frequently as I have in the past. I am taking part in Camp Nanowrimo this month. My goal is 30,000 words in 30 days. Any chapters I add here are not included in that goal... This is a LOT of writing. Wish me luck!

The story for Nanowrimo stars B1A4 as well as VIXX. If you would like to check it out here is a link:

Not Alone