Hyuk's Plan

A Lack of Normalcy

Sanghyuk’s POV

    After arriving at home I explained all I could remember to Hakyeon. He listened nodding. “Her description of events and the attic were so detailed. They have to be about us. She even told me that I have to find the sixth woman and tell her about the prophecy too.” I reached out and shook his shoulders gently. “She winked at me. It was creepy. Anyway what are we going to do?”

    Hakyeon grinned and reached out to shake my shoulders in return, “Looks like you need to get yourself a girl.” He chuckled as he walked away.

    “I hate you!” I called after him. He stopped and wrinkled his nose as he looked over his shoulder, glaring at me. I held up my hands in defense, “Joking! I was joking. Love you hyung.”

    He grinned and wiggled his fingers at me before leaving. Once he was gone I let out a sigh and collapsed onto my bed. I tried to focus on the task at hand. A girl in my class. No one really stood out. I grew up knowing that when I met that one person I would know right away. Or at least that is the way it should happen once you were fully mature. For a shifter that was usually around 20 years old. It had happened as early as 16, but there have been reports as late as 30.

    Here I was at 18 years old. A senior in highschool, and in order to save the lives of my friends, I needed to find the love of my life. I chuckled aloud, “It sounds like some epic adventure movie.”

    I rolled over and pulled out the class directory. I reviewed each picture and name carefully. Nothing set off any alarms. I decided that I would need to start by getting closer to the girls. I didn’t want to end up with a bad reputation at school, so I decided I would take a lesson from hyung. “If Taekwoon got close to Kyungsoon by being a cat. I can do the same by being a puppy.” I nodded.

    I heard a deep chuckle from the hallway, “Talking to yourself again?”    

    I picked up my pillow and chucked it at Wonsik. He dodged it laughing harder as it flew over the railing and fell downstairs. He darted into his room, and I sighed as I went to retrieve the pillow.

 

Minki’s POV

    Monday night I received another call from Hyunsoon. “I just finished here. I walked into their nest while they were feeding an torched them all. They had no clue what hit them” She chuckled, “You won't believe how these things eat.”

    “Ok and let me stop you there. You know how weak my stomach is.”

    She laughed, “You are so in the wrong line of work.” She paused for a moment, “So how is the whole vamp thing going? Find anything.”

    I sighed and sat down at my desk to sort through my papers again. I still had little to no new information on these supposed vampires. I didn’t want to share the information about the shifters yet. I still didn’t believe that they were a threat to humans. If I let slip that there were vampires and shifters in this town, it would be overrun by hunters in less than 24 hours.

    “I am guessing from that sigh that you still have nothing. You know that they are sending me there as soon as cleanup is done here. I’ll be there by Friday at the latest”

    “Do you think there is anything you can say to get me more time? I really want to do this on my own.” I ran my through my hair and tried not to sound as tired as I felt.

    “I’ll see what I can do. Did you check clubs? Large crowds and dark places. That’s where you will likely see them.”

    “Yeah, I know. I’m not all out of ideas yet.”

We ended the call, and I sat down to formulate a plan. A club sounded too cliche, but I figured there was no harm in checking one out.

 

Haewon’s POV

Once again I was sitting in the window seat of my study reading. I heard a gentle knock at the door. There was a soft creak as it opened and Soyoung stuck her head in, “Eonni?” I closed the book and  turned to face her.    “Hey, umpf” She stumbled a moment before landing on her hands and knees.

Miyoung walked in avoiding stepping on her sister. “Hey eonni. What ya up to?” She continued her walk until she was at the window seat as well. She propped her shoulder up against the frame of the window. “So,” she started casually, “Can we go out tonight?”

“Aren’t we supposed to be looking for any information about the curse?” I asked.

Soyoung also joined us at the window seat, sitting down beside me, “Well I got a call from Hongbin. Sanghyuk spoke with the witch who foresaw the prophecy.”

“And besides do you call this,” She flipped over the book I was reading so that the title Moby was face up, “researching the curse?”

I smiled guiltily. “Fine, but you just ate. You should have another week, at least, before you’re hungry again.”

“Oh, I’m not hungry, I just want to have some fun with Wonsik. You know socialize.” Miyoung stood up straight and waved her hands through the air, dramatically, as she spoke. “You should try getting out occasionally.”

I shook my head no.

“That’s a great idea. Eonni, please come with us.” Soyoung reached out to grab my hand.

“I don’t like that kind of music, or dancing, and I wouldn’t have anything to wear.” I thought for  a moment, thinking of another excuse, “And besides, I’d only be a fifth wheel. No point in me going to watch you two with Hongbin and Wonsik.”

Soyoung looked defeated, but Miyoung grinned evilly. “I have clothes you can wear. You don’t really have to enjoy the music or dancing to enjoy the company.” Her grin grew, “and we can bring Hakyeon along. That way you won’t be a fifth wheel.”

“No.” I stated simply. I picked up my book and returned to my page. After a few minutes they were still standing there. I tried my best to ignore them, but slowly my gaze rose from my book. First I looked a Soyoung. Her lips were down turned and her eyes filled with sadness. She looked up to meet my eyes, and the game was over. I snapped the book shut and stood, “Fine!”

They both made excited sounds and jumped up and down. I couldn’t help but smile at their excitement. Miyoung darted out of the room and rushed to her closet to find something for me to wear. Soyoung stayed behind. “Soyoung, what’s wrong? Is everything ok?”

She looked up at me and smiled, “Nothing, I’m just a little out of it. I guess I am a bit peckish.”

“You’re hungry?” She nodded, “You at at the same time as Miyoung last week right?” She nodded again. “Have you been around fresh blood, or anything that may tempt you.” She shook her head no. “There is still some left in the refrigerator. You can have some before we go out. I don’t want anything to happen in public.”

Soyoung nodded, but still looked concerned, “Please don’t let Miyoung know. I don’t want to worry her.”

I smiled and nodded. Inside, I was very worried.

 
 
 
 
Sorry, I know there is a lot going on in this chapter! I hope you enjoy!