Unconscious

A Lack of Normalcy

Hakyeon’s POV    

    “Why don’t you take Kyungsoon for a walk?” I suggested to Hongbin. He was still unaware of why Chohee was there. He only knew that she belonged with Jaehwan. A little weary, he agreed and escorted Kyungsoon and the cat outside.

    Once they were gone, I returned my attention to Jaehwan and Chohee. “Let’s talk in the attic.” I saw Chohee send Jaehwan a confused glance. He replied with a smile and a nod.

    I led the way. When I pushed open the false wall, I head Chohee excitedly whisper, “That is so cool!”

    Jaehwan replied, “Just wait.” He sounded just as excited.

    Once we were all inside, I turned to close the door, but stopped at Chohee’s “Oh. My. God.” She breathed each word before exclaiming “This place is amazing.” She took off around the room. The trees in the corners were real wood, even if they weren’t still living. She kicked off her shoes and planted her toes in the dirt. She ran a hand along the central tree with the hammock attacked and a vine grew tracing the path her hand took. She laid down in the middle of the grassy area on her side and gently traced her hand along the grass sprouting flowers.

    Jaehwan beamed from where he stood, like a proud parent. My jaw dropped. Chohee eventually made her way to the logs surrounding the koi pond. She chose a seat and placed her feet in the water. “So I guess you want to know what Minki was talking about, huh?”

    Mouth still open, I nodded. Jaehwan walked over and sat next to her, waving me over. I slowly approached and she started her story. “Well they were talking about a trio of Vampires. Said that they had been here a couple hundred years. I didn’t hear why they’re an issue now.” She started wiggling her fingers, and water rose from the pond. “They made no mention of shifters, or other supernaturals, so I assume once they find the vamps, they will go.”

    “So we find the vampires, and make them known. Once they're gone, our peaceful life returns?” I asked.

    She shrugged, “I guess. The hard part will be finding them. Vampires don’t have an aura, so I should be able to spot them easily, but I haven’t seen a trace of them in the last two years.”

    “Well, it’s no longer just you. Now we have seven pairs of eyes look, the process should speed up considerably.” Jaehwan reasoned cheerfully.

    I nodded.  "As long as we don’t alert the hunters first.”

 

Kyungsoon’s POV    

    After walking for half an hour, Hongbin led me back to the house. He left me alone in his room and went downstairs to get us something to snack on. Curiosity got the best of me. Once I was sure that he was downstairs, I set Leo on the floor and snuck out of the room. I silently prayed that the door wouldn’t make any noise. I quietly moved to the base of the stairs to the attic. Leo followed closely. As I started up the stairs, I felt him bite into my pants leg, and attempted to hold me back. I picked him up and carried him with me.

    I turned the door knob and Leo started meowing loudly. The door opened and I saw boxes. Boxes of of holiday decorations, mostly lights. I sighed and began to turn, when I heard muffled voices. I pushed a box out of the way and saw a crack at the corner. I put my hand on the wall to support my weight as I moved a heavy box, and the wall gave way.

    I ended up sprawled out on grass. Confused I ran my hands in a circle feeling the grass. Leo pawed at my back trying to encourage me to get up.  I looked up at Chohee, Jaehwan, and Hakyeon. Embarrassed, I tried to retreat, only to run into Wonsik. Behind him were Sanghyuk and Hongbin. I felt trapped by my embarrassment. I hung my head and let a curtain of hair fall around my face to hid my crimson cheeks.

    Wonsik turned me around and holding both my shoulders led me deeper into the new room. “So the gang’s all here.” He sat me down on a log and sat beside me. Wonsik held his hand out across me to reach Chohee. “You must be Chohee. I’m Wonsik.” She shook his head and smiled wide. “So I hear you have something important to tell us.”    

    Hongbin walked toward me carrying a bowl of popcorn. He popped a piece in his mouth, “Kyungsoon and I were going to watch a movie.” He held the bowl with one arm and grabbed my hand with the other. He pulled me out of the room, and down the stairs.

    Once downstairs, he sat me on a couch in the second floor sitting room, and held up three movies. “Which one do you wanna watch?”

    “Uh-uh, your distraction tactics won't work on me.” I stood up and tried to be intimidating. “What’s going on up there, and why can’t I hear what Chohee has to say?”

    Hongbin chuckled and stepped close to me. “We are only trying to protect you. It really is better that you don’t know.”

    I furrowed my brows, placed a fist on one hip and started tapping my foot. “Why try to protect me, and not Chohee?”

    He shook his head no. I knew he meant that our conversation was done. I decided to try a new tactic. I looked around and pasted a puzzled expression on my face. “Where’s Leo.” I knew very well Leo hadn’t followed us downstairs.

    I turned and jogged back up the stairs. Hongbin grabbed my hand to stop me, but I pulled out of his grasp. “It’s ok. I’ll only grab Leo and I’ll be back done.” I pushed the door open.

    The group of five still sat around a koi pond. I looked up at the tree nearest the group and screamed. In the tree sat the black leopard that had followed us to the tree line Friday night. It locked eyes with me and blinked slowly before lowering his head to rest on his folded paws.

    I looked around at several sets of eyes staring at me and realized I was the only one shocked. My face grew red in embarrassment. I turned away from the group and looked at Hongbin. “Why is there a leopard in your attic?” I questioned angrily.

    “He kinda lives here.” Hongbin stated simply.

    “And you just hang out with a leopard, in the attic?” I asked skeptically. He shrugged. I gasped, “Where is Leo?” I began to frantically look my lost cat. Wonsik snickered, and I shot him a glare.

    Hakyeon snuck out of the room quietly and the leopard descended the tree head first. I dropped to my hands and knees and began to look in the holes beneath the trees. While searching. I felt Leo brush along side my leg. I picked him up and gave him a squeeze, thankful that he was ok.

    I noticed that the leopard was gone. “Where is it?” I extended one finger toward the tree where the leopard had been moments ago, and looked around anxiously.

    Hongbin calmly stepped forward and took Leo from me. He set him on a patch a grass and stepped back.

Wonsik and Sanghyuk came over to stand on either side of me. “Watch.”  Sanghyuk gently elbowed me.

I watched as Leo stretched. He extended his paws reaching forward and lowered his head. His backside and tail stretched towards the ceiling. It took me a moment to realize that he was growing in size. His pointed face slowly became more squared and soon Leo was gone, completely replaced by the leopard.

I stood there completely silent for a full minute before looking at Hongbin wide eyed. I pointed with a single finger. “Is that what you wanted to protect me from?”

Sanghyuk laughed, “Nah, Hyung wouldn’t hurt you.”

At that time, Hakyeon returned carrying clothes. He set them down nearest to the leopard and I felt Wonsik grab my shoulders and turn me away. He leaned over and whispered in my ear, “Hyung’s shy.” He chuckled.

I looked at him confused.  A hand settled on Wonsik’s forehead and pushed him away from me without a word. I stared up at Taekwoon. My mouth fell open, and my knees went weak. A moment later my eyelids and limbs grew heavy.  I fell into his arms, unconscious.


 
 
I really enjoyed writing this chapter. I'll admit once I had finshed it, I stood up and did an excited happy dance. I hope you all enjoy it just as much! ;)