The Calm Before the Storm

A Lack of Normalcy

Chohee POV

    Minki had called on Friday as promised. we made plans to meet for breakfast on Friday as though nothing was wrong. I brought along Kyungsoon and Minji as well. We met around nine in the morning at the usual cafe. We immediately went into business mode.

    Minki had brought a small brown pouch with him. He held it out to me. "This has everything needed to complete the spell."

    I thanked him and took the pouch. I pulled back the flap to check it's contents before placing it in my bag. i confirmed that inside was a small vial of Minki's blood, as well as a ceremonial knife.  I carefully tucked it in my back and returned to the task at hand.

    Minji pulled out a notebook at too notes as we spoke. Kyungsoon sat quietly, glaring distractingly at Minki, as I imagined Taekwoon would have done as well.

    Minki spoke quickly and clearly. He had a smile as he spoke. Anyone who looked at him would have thought we were having a pleasant conversation. "Haewon has about five other hunters with her. Some of them are quite large as well. They plan on coming at you from either side of the lake."

     "Currently we have decided that they will split up and Hongbin and Taekwoon are planning on going northwest, and deeper into the woods. Wonsik, Hakyeon and Hyuk  are going to go east toward the town. They are hoping to take the attention off of the other two. Or drive them to split up."

     Kyungsoon smacked my arm, before pulling me toward her. She leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "Don't you think you are giving him too much detail?"

     I shrugged and pulled back. I trusted Minki. I felt that trusting him was the right thing to do. Minki smiled at me and then at Kyungsoon.

     Minji finished scribbling down her notes, "So we don't have to defeat the hunters, only distract them and lead them back to where the ritual was performed."

     Kyungsoon found her voice, "How do we know that they won't hurt us after the ritual is complete. From what I understand it  is only to keep the supernatural creatures in check. Nothing about protecting us from human's or hunters."

     Minki nodded taking on a serious expression. "It is against the hunter law. If we hurt a supernatural creature in a territory that they are protecting, then we are outcast. We no longer have the support of our brothers and sisters, which is something that none of us want. Most of us are from a rich hunter lineage. Being outcast means be separated from our family, which is something we value more than anything."

    Kyungsoon didn't appear completely satisfied with his answer, but didn't ask any others. We thanked Minki for the information and said good bye.

 

Kyungsoon POV

    We rushed home to greet the others, we only had an hour before we needed to get things into place. We had to be at the stone circle to perform the ritual by noon. Minki was going to lead Hyunsoon over around 11:30am. The chase would start quickly with the men scattering. Jaehwan would already be in the trees when they arrived.

    We shared the newly gathered information, and details about the hunters that would be on their tails. We all joked and laughed trying to hide our fear and discomfort with what was to come.

     "So we meet back here at One for lunch." Wonsik stated happily.

     Jaehwan leaned over to Taekwoon and elbowed him, "What are you cooking us?" Taekwoon sent him a deadly glare, that had us all laughing.

     "Damgapsal!" Sanghyuk exclaimed throwing both arms in the air, "When we are done, we need samgyupsal!"

     There were several cheers of agreement. With plans in place we all said goodbye. All six girls crammed into a single vehicle. We rolled down the windows and chattered loudly as we drove. Talking about anything and everything,

    As we drove I sat quietly staring at the clock in the car. the modem the clock ticked to 11:30, I began to pray. sending them to any deity who would listen and keep the boys safe.

 

 

 

Sorry, I know the chapter is late, I've been sick :(

I am also sorry that the chapter is short. It was hard to find a good stopping point.

I hope to upload chapter in the next 6-7hours.

Thank you for reading. Please comment and subscribe

I love you all! ♥