Soyoung and Hongbin

A Lack of Normalcy

Soyoung’s POV

    “Where are we going?” I asked trying to sneakily slid the blindfold off of my eyes.

    “Hey!” I felt Hongbin grab my hand and gently pull it back to my lap. “No peeking.” He insisted.

I could hear the smile in his tone and I couldn’t help but smile back. “Fine, I wont peek, but you owe me ice cream.”

He chuckled. The deep sound my butterflies take flight in my stomach, and my breath catch in my lungs. “Deal.” It was a whisper, and very close to my ears. It wasn’t until I heard the click of my seat belt that I noticed the car had stopped.

I tried again to pull off the blind fold. This time Hongbin held on of my hands in each of his. He gave me a gentle peck on the lips, “not yet,” he placed another peck on my nose. I heard him exit the car and his door slammed. A short moment later he was opening my door and helping me down.

The car was higher up than I estimated and I fell forward into his arms. It felt very safe having his strong arms around me. He helped me stand and stood behind me. He placed a hand on each of my shoulders and directed me.

The weather was nice today, warmer than usual, and most of the snow was gone.

The path seemed to wind. I heard the wind blowing and rustling through the leaves. There were children laughing and playing. A dog barked, startling me a little. Hongbin laughed deeply when I jumped.

It felt nice being able to trust someone so completely. I trusted Haewon, but it was more like she felt responsible for us than anything else. I could trust Miyoung as well, at least when it really mattered.  Having such a large family and being around so many welcoming people was new, and I was quickly embracing what I had been missing for so long.

We abruptly came to a stop. Hongbin didn’t remove his hand from my shoulder, but he also didn’t say a word. I moved my head around, searching without being able to see. “May I remove the blindfold now.”

I felt his arms move a little as though her were nodding, “Yes.”

I closed my eyes and bent my head forward as I untied the cloth around my head. Once it was gone. I felt Hongbin’s hands in front of my eyes. His breath was in my ear. “I hope you like it.” He slowly removed his hands.

My eyes grew wide. It was a picnic. We were in the park, and he had laid out a blanket. There was a basket, and single bottle of wine sitting in a bowl of ice.

Hongbin held my hand and sat, pulling me down to sit with him. I felt like a fish, wide eyed and my mouth opening and closing without reason. He chuckled again and used a finger to close my mouth before placing a chaste kiss on my lips.

While I took in my surroundings. He pulled out two bottles of juice and two boxed lunches. We laughed while we ate, and shared stories about our new family members.

After lunch, Hongbin pulled out two wine glasses and poured a little for each of us. The he brought out a small chocolate cake with a single, large strawberry in the center. It looked delicious. “What’s the occasion?” I asked eying the cake with hunger apparent in my eyes.

“Well, I figured today was the perfect day to celebrate our unbirthdays.” Hongbin’s tone was serious, but I could see the glint in his eyes.

I giggled, “Really? Our unbirthdays? Like Alice in Wonderland?”

Hongbin grinned, the laughter reaching his eyes as he pulled out a lighter and two candles. I took the candles from him and placed one on each side of the strawberry. Hongbin lit them, and stared at me over the cake. “Make a wish,” He said quietly so his breath wouldn’t disturb the flames.

We didn’t break eye contact as we made our wishes. In unison we inhaled and blew out the candles. While Hongbin was looking at me seriously I stuck my finger in the side of the cake. I leaned forward to give him a kiss. His eyes closed as our lips met. The kiss lingered, but before it would grow hungry, I ruined the moment. I smeared the cake on his cheek.

I couldn’t help the fit of giggles that burst forward. Hongbin’s eyes were wide with surprise. His shock quickly gave way to his own fit of giggles, and his plan to get even.

Before I realized his intentions, both of Hongbin’s arms darted forward and began tickling my sides without mercy.

“Hong-hongbin!” I gasped out between giggles.

“Call me Oppa and I’ll stop.”

I sent him an amused glare. He paused and I opened my mouth. “Never.” He began tickling again.

He was smiling and laughing at my giggles. “Give in?” His dimpled grin won.

I held up my hands in surrender. “I give in Oppa.” He grinned confidently and began to pick up the leftover food and trash. “Not that I understand why I should call you oppa. I’m a couple hundred years older than you.”

His eyes met mine with a mischievous glint. His dimples reappeared, “Does that mean I get to call you noona?”

I shook my head vigorously. “No, I’ll call you Oppa.” I nodded firmly.

 

Once we had finished packing up, we laid back on the blanket and watched the clouds. With one arm bent behind his head, Hongbin turned to watch me as I kept my eyes trained on the clouds.

“Why don’t you like being called noona?” He asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t really mind it, but with you it’s different.”  I had began to pick at my fingernails.

“How so?” Hongbin held my hand and began to trace intricate patterns into my palm.

I shifted to watch him. “You will age. Slowly, but you will still age. I wont.” My eyes began to water. “In a hundred years you will look to be in your upper 20s or maybe even your 30s. I will still look 16. I can’t have someone who looks that much older than me, calling me noona.”

He nodded, and smiled. “I guess I understand that, but that’s one hundred years away. Don’t you want me to call you noona, even for a little while?”

I thought about it for a moment, and shook my head, “No, Haewon eonni, can be noona. I’ll just call you oppa. I don’t mind, and I might as well get into the habit” I leaned over to put my hand on his. “Right Oppa?”

He smiled back at me, “That’s right. You will be calling me Oppa for a very, very, very long time.” With each very he kissed my forehead, my nose, my chin and finally my lips.

I smiled and leaned into his embrace. I’m not sure how long we laid there, but we were rudely snapped from our day dream by a chubby eight year old “Ewww! Get a room.” He threw his empty cup at us and stormed away.

I sat up with a sigh. I glanced at my cell phone and saw it was getting late. “I guess we should head home. We have to meet everyone for dinner.”

Hongbin stood and pulled me to my feet. We folded the blanket, and I carried it while he had the basket. We made our way back to the car holding hands and smiling like we shared a joke that no one else knew.

 

 

***This is my 2nd chapter in 2 days, if you haven't read chapter 42 you can or cannot... these don't really make or break the story***

To anyone who doesn't like the fluffy stuff, I am so sorry. lol

4 more fluffy chapters before the bigstuff hits.

Thank you all for reading, commenting and subscribing! I love you! ♥