Plan A

A Lack of Normalcy

Chohee’s POV

    Six in the morning was much later than I had intended on staying. To keep Ken and Leo happy, Kyungsoon and I had been coming to visit together.  As we drove home, we were followed by at least one, if not both of the boys. Since Kyungsoon found out about Leo, he had not been invited to stay the night again.

    We said goodbye to our new friends, and followed them down the twisting road that let out of the forest.

    “So what do you think of those girls?” Kyungsoon asked, “They seem nice don’t they?”

    I nodded, “They do, but I think something is off. They really don’t seem like the type that would draw attention.” I took a hand off the wheel and waved it in the air.  “Well, maybe Miyoung, but I don’t think she would do anything to endanger her sister.”

    “What do you think is off?” Kyungsoon asked.

    My mind was whirling, “How is it that three vampires that rarely feed on humans, and don’t kill them, caught the notice of these hunters? And If they caught the notice of the hunters how did they go unnoticed by six shifters, and a mage. There is also at least one witch in town. The one who cast the curse is still alive, and in town.”

    “Could it be another trio of Vampires?” She suggested.

    “I guess, but it seems too perfect.” I glanced over at her.  “I think we need to get closer to Minki. If we are around him more, we may be able to get more pieces of the puzzle.”

    She nodded unsure, “I really don’t think Taekwoon will like this.”

    I laughed, “I’m sure he won’t, but it’s something we need to do.”

    She nodded more confidently as I pulled into a parking spot in front of our building. As we were about to enter the building, Minki was leaving. He wore neon training gear and jogged lightly in place. He grinned at us, “Morning girls, is this the walk of shame I am seeing?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

    I laughed, “Sorry nothing shameful about this walk. We fell asleep watching a scary movie. Nothing exciting.”

    Kyungsoon’s face was bright red and she stayed silent.

    “Must have been a terrible scary movie, if you fell asleep watching,”

    I nodded, “Just another movie about a ghost, nothing new. I’m really big on Vampires, and Werewolves right now. “ I winced looking away and held up a hand. “Not Twilight Vampires, Dracula Vampires. You know Vampires that burn in the sun, and werewolves that shift uncontrollably, and howl at the moon. That’s the stuff of nightmares.” I shivered dramatically for effect.

    Kyungsoon chuckled, “I think you watch a little too much TV. I don’t believe in such things. Give me a good romance any day.”

    I made a disgusted face, but was proud of Kyungsoon’s acting, “What about you, which is better?”

    Minki stopped jogging for a moment. “Uh, I guess I’d have to say you’re both wrong. I prefer comedies.” He chucked and waved before starting off on his run.

    Once the doors to the elevator closed Kyungsoon turned to face me.  "So this is your plan? You are going to act like a Vampire fangirl?”

    I shrugged, “Sure, Why not? If they are looking for Vampires, they won’t be looking for a sage. Besides, Sages are peaceful, we strive for harmony between humans and the world around them. They have no reason to hunt us, although being with Ken may be reason enough.”

    She shook her lightly, “I really hope you know what you’re doing.”

    I let Kyungsoon out on the third floor and rode the elevator alone to the fourth. I unlocked the door and opened it yawning. Ken was already inside. I shut the door quickly and quietly.

    “How did you get inside?” I asked in a harsh whisper.

    He grinned. “You left the balcony door unlocked.”

    “So you shifted outside on the balcony, so the whole world could see you in your birthday suit?” I shook my head furiously. “I was just talking to Minki.” At his name Ken began to scowl. “He just left for a run, but caught me coming back from your house at six am.” I took off my coat and hung it in my closet. “If he sees me coming home from your house, and then while on his morning jog sees you in your birthday suit on my balcony, the jig is up.”

    He pouted and turned to leave, “Wait!” I reached out and grabbed his arm. “If Minki did see you on my balcony, and then sees a hawk,”

    “I’m a kite.” He corrected.

    I waved my hand dismissing his interjection.  “Fine, a kite leaving my apartment, he will have enough evidence to call in others.”

    Ken’s grin returned.  "Does this mean that I get to stay?” He took hold of both of my hands and began to swing them back and forth.

    I laughed.  "Yes, you get to stay, but you have to stay out here, and be quiet. I need to sleep and then finish my homework.”

  His pout returned. I turned away smiling as I retreated to my bedroom. I knew he was following me. I smiled even wider when I shut the door.

He lightly pounded on it, “Come on, I’m tired too, we can take a nap together.”

I chuckled silently, “You can nap on the couch.” I tried to imagine him lying down on my small couch for a nap. His legs would hang over by at least a foot or two.

  He started scratching at the door and I laughed, “Ken you’re a hawk!”

  “Kite.” He corrected,

  “Whatever, still not a cat. Stop scratching at my door. I thought birds were supposed to be smart.” I walked over and opened the door, “Fine, but you are sleeping on top of the blankets.

He grinned and gave me a big hug, and a quick kiss on the lips, before we both settled down for some sleep.

 
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I really like Chohee. She is a lot of fun to write.