Chohee and Jaehwan

A Lack of Normalcy

Chohee’s POV

         I looked at Jaehwan shocked as he asked, "So what do you wanna do today?"

    "You don't have anything planned?" I let out a deep breath, "What's the weather supposed to be like?" I pulled out my laptop. "Jacket weather. I guess spring is nearly here."

    "What about an amusement park?" His eyes lit up at his own suggestion.

    "Isn't it a little cold?"

    Jaehwan shrugged, "I'll keep you warm." He beamed and wiggled his eyebrows causing me to giggle.

    "If you can find one that is open, I'm ok with it." Jaehwan pumped his fist in the air celebrating his small victory.

    We drove for nearly an hour to arrive at the amusement park. I had packed a small backpack with sun screen and two bottles of water. Exiting the car I threw it over one shoulder. Jaehwan anxiously grabbed my hands and dragged me to the ticket counter.  As he purchased our tickets I scanned the sky looking at all of the tall rides mapping out which one I wanted to try first.

    "Ok, here is your ticket." He handed it to me keeping the other for himself. "and here is mine." Once inside the gate he turned to me. "What do you want to try first?"

    There was a small stand that had small maps of the park. I walked over pulled one out and opened it. Jaehwan stood behind me looking over my shoulder. He held one side of the map while held the other. With my free hand I pointed to the entrance. "This is where we are now. I want to do everything." I grinned looking over my shoulder at him. "Why don't we start here and work our way around?" I pointed to the first ride on the right hand side of the map and drew a circle with my finger.

    Jaehwan nodded beaming, and folded the map before putting it inside my bag. "Sounds like a great plan."

    

    The first ride was a roller coaster. Large hills and loops twisted through the sky. It caught your attention as soon as you walked in the park. Being that it was still a fairly cold the lines were small, meaning less time to change our minds.

    "Not going to back down are you?" Jaehwan goaded.

    I raised an eyebrow, "Not me Kenny boy. What about you?" He grinned and shook his head in reply.

    We sat towards the middle and pulled the harness down over our heads. I had pulled my curls into a pony tail and swept it around to the side.  I looked over at Jaehwan, not really able to see him around the safety bar, but still thankful he was there.

    He must have caught me looking because he reached over and held my hand. "Just in case you get scared."

    I chucked and squeezed his hand. The ride started slow. We pulled out onto the main track and took a slow turn before we started the slow crawl to the top of the ride. We cracked jokes, and he let out a fake scream as we were half way up the hill. This started the only other couple on the ride, and I laughed loudly.

    Once at the top of the hill there was a brief pause. I leaned over as close as the restraints would allow and whispered, "Smile pretty," just before we fell. We both let out loud screams and peals of laughter as the ride tossed us all around. As the ride came to a top we were both breathless and giggling. The ride operator and other passengers gave us strange looks as we made our way to the exit.

    In the pictures from the ride, we were doing everything but smiling pretty. We both were mid scream. Jaehwan had his eyes closed and the wind was puffing out his cheeks due to his opened mouth scream. I looked like I may have been in pain, or possibly questioning my terror. We both laughed until there were tears in our eyes. We each purchased a keychain of the picture, which I promptly attached to my backpack.

    After we had caught our breath we found ourselves in front of the next attraction. This time rather than being a ride, it was a fun house. I could handle the large drops and being turned upside down. It was much more difficult for me to hand the scares. Clowns were one of my largest fears. I pulled on Jaehwan's sleeve and shook my head. He nodded, "Let me guess, don't do clowns?"

    "Never was able to stand them, and when I get startled or scared bad things happen."

    He grinned. "Bad things? I'll have to remember that." To indicate my meaning I caused a strong gust of wind to blow past us. He chuckled. "Got it."

    We made our way past the fun house and arrived at an indoor boat ride. It was a tunnel of love. Jaehwan grinned toothily. "This more your speed?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

    "This I can do easily." I grabbed his hand and pulled him through the deserted line.

    Once we were seated in our heart shaped boat we began to make our way down the river. The attractions and skits on either side consisted of mostly cupid and hearts. There was a very cheesy song playing in the back ground. I shot him a daring glance. "Should we shake things up a little bit Kenny boy?"

    "What do you have in mind?" He raised an eyebrow in question.

    I pointed t the water and lifted my hand raising the water in our area. Our boat began to rock back and forth. The small wave also causing the other boats to rock. Slowly I made the waves more violent. The water was only two feet deep, but  the wave were adding another foot. Our boat was lifted over the guardrails keeping us on the path.

    A few moments later the rides operator ran around the corner. "I am so sorry, I'm not sure what happened. We will get you out as soon as possible." When he left, I pushed the water to the side, allowing us to exit. Jaehwan and I followed the pate the operator took leading out of the ride.

    Outside Jaehwan and I grinned at the closed sign at the entrance to the tunnel of love. "I guess not many people can say that they have been the reason the tunnel of love was closed."

     I chuckled. "Lets get lunch and ride the carousel next?" We set our plan into action.

 

    I was on my best behavior the rest of the day, excluding when Jaehwan challenged me to ring toss. A little extra wind at the right moment, may have helped me win the large teddy bear. I found it hilarious how natural it looked for him to walk around with a large stuffed bear on his back. After winning the bear we decided to make our way back home. We still needed to have dinner with everyone.

    I fell asleep in the car and woke up in Jaehwan's arms, as he was carrying me, princess style, from the car. Seeing that I was awake he bent his head to place a tender kiss on my temple. "Thank you for today."

    I smiled at him sleepily, "I love you." I whispered and let my head fall back to the safety and comfort of my boyfriend's chest.


 

Yay! 3 fluffy chapters down, only 3 left to go. I wonder who it will be tomorrow?

I got another upvote! Yay! and thank you so much!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, Please comment and subscribe! I love you! ♥