Haewon and Hakyeon

A Lack of Normalcy

Haewon’s POV

    I had to admit that I was a little upset with Hakyeon's recent behavior. I had spent most of my life avoiding relationships for fear of having my heart broken by the loss of someone I cared for deeply. I didn't expect to fall for someone so deeply, and so quickly. It hurt to have him treat me like I was an inconvenience, or an outsider. It hurt even more to see him having such a hard time. I wanted to be able to comfort him and listen to his problem.

    I missed the large grins he would flash when one of the boys made a joke, or when he picked on them. Mostly I missed walking in on him while he was dancing. I still occasionally saw him dancing, but his dances were no longer graceful and full of joy. Instead his moves were sharp and powerful. Each move was angry and scared.

   After yesterday it seemed like he was slowly returning to his old cheerful self. At least that's the side I saw when he was around the others. When it was just us the dark shadow returned to his face. After breakfast all of the others left quickly, they had all made plans to spend the day together. It was only the two of us left.

     I spent part of the morning in the library reading. once I heard the door slam indicating that the last person had left, I decided I shouldn't let Hakyeon think so much today. Just like all of the others, he needed a day to go out and remember why they wanted to fight for life. I thought deeply about what I liked to do and what he liked to do. I knew if I took him to a library where I would like to spend my time he would likely spend too much time thinking about tomorrow.

    I did find some information about dance lessons and I considered taking him, but shrugged off the idea. Why take him to learn to dance, when in my opinion he already dances very well. I continued to rack my brain until I heard a soft knock on the door. I looked up to see Hakyeon looking at me with a concerned and nervous expression.

    He stepped inside and cleared his throat, "May I have a moment of your time?"

    I smiled at his nervousness and held out my hand. Hakeyon grinned at me and grabbed my hand. He led me up the stairs to the attic. He stopped before opening the door and turned to face me. "Since everyone else left, I figured, you and I could make use of having the house to ourselves." He expression became worried again, "Is that ok?"

    I threw my arms around his neck and pecked his lip. "More than ok. Any time I'm spending time with you I am happy."

    Hakyeon exhaled loudly and his shoulders relaxed, "Good. With how I've been acting lately, I was afraid you would hate me."

    I chuckled softly, "I could never hate you." I paused for effect, "But I will say that you have really been acting like such an lately. I'm here for you. Please share your issues with me."

    Hakyeon nodded and led me inside. Seeing how he had transformed the attic, I gasped. The UV light has gone. Instead there was a much softer light that mimicked moonlight. On the ceiling were small lights that were laid out in the shapes of different constellations. Of course Ursa Major, and Ursa Minor were present.

    In the branches of each of the trees and along the top of the walls were white fairy lights. He led me over to the koi pond and sat me down on of the benches. He reached into the hollow point of the log and pulled out a necklace. The chain held a single silver bear posed as though he were walking. "I want to ask for your forgiveness. I know I've not been the man that you deserve, but I would like to do better. That is, if you would give me the chance."

    I lifted my hair off my neck and nodded. Hakyeon still knelt in front of me but reached around me to clasp the necklace behind my neck. When he pulled back he searched my eyes. I smiled at him tenderly, and he exhaled. I leaned forward as he went to stand. Our lips met. The kiss was brief.

    Hakyeon sat down beside me as I spoke. "You need to open up to me more. I know you are upset by what is going on. It upsets me too. You shouldn't feel that you are the only one responsible for everyone. Come to me when you are upset, we can work things out together." I played with the necklace as I spoke. I looked up and met his eyes. "We are soulmates." Hakyeon nodded. I reached out and placed a hand on each of his cheeks. "Mates. Partners. We work best together, one cannot be without the other. Please don't try to hide your emotions from me."

    Hakyeon nodded again solemnly. His pupils dilated, and his look became hungry. We moved forward at the same time, as though were were opposite ends of a magnet. My hands left his cheeks, one sliding into his hair and the other to the back of his neck. Hakyeon's hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me to him. They pressed firmly against my back and waste.

   

    I do not know how long we spent in the attic, but eventually we pulled apart, breathless. Hakyeon chuckled at my dazed expression. "Come on, you can help me with dinner. The kids should be back in an hour or so." I nodded holding my hands to my lips as a I followed him down stairs.

    In the kitchen he began pulling out ingredients. I set him to chopping the vegetables and herbs as I prepared the spaghetti. We talked and laughed as I cooked for 12. Hakyeon brought over the ingredients and I instructed for him to add the Onion and tomato to the frying pan on the stove top where I had already browned some ground beef. Hakyeon put on the radio and we sang along. I started moving my hips to the song as I stirred the sauce.

    While dancing Hakyeon had snuck up behind me. I felt his hands slide around my waist and dropped the spoon in the pot. I turned to face him. He smiled and pulled me toward him. I giggled and grinned, feeling happier than I ever remember. He and I began dancing together, completely unaware of our surroundings. Hakyeon pecked at my nose and lips making me laugh.

    I heard a couple of giggles followed by Jaehwan's laughter filled voice, "Well dad, it looks like mom is cheating on you."

    My eyes snapped to the entrance to the kitchen to find 4 boys laughing, and one glaring at Jaehwan. The girls were trying to scold the boys wore obvious smirks as well.

    My cheeks burned and stepped away from Hakyeon to return to the sauce. Hakyeon looped his arms around my waist and pulled me back to him. I tilted my head trying to get away, but giving him perfect access to my neck in the process. "Yup." I could tell from his tone that he was grinning. He bent to place a kiss on my neck. I was sure the color of my face could rival the red of the tomato case. I tried to pull away again, but he held me tighter. His tone became challenging and possessive as he almost whispered "She's mine."

 

 

So remember how I said I didn't hate N. I really don't I think he is possibly one of the most attractive men on the planet. He often tops my bias list. :P

I hope you enjoyed the fluffy chapters. They have had such a good response, I may do additional fluff bonus chapters after the story ends. Let me know what you think!

Once again please comment, upvote and subscribe! I love you all! (and N)! ♥