In the Club

A Lack of Normalcy

Hongbin’s POV

    “So remind me why we are here?” I asked Wonsik, looking around the dimly lit club. A strobe light flashed preventing me from using my advanced sight, and the music was too loud for me to focus my hearing. The room held the strong stench of sweat and cheap perfume and cologne.

    “It’s a club.  Vamps love clubs.”

    I rolled my eyes.  “And you know this how?”

    Wonsik shrugged. "The movies.” He stated simply. “Besides, it’s a great place for them to hide. They won’t have to worry about giving off a scent, or aura. There are too many people here, everything blends.”

    I nodded in agreement to his second statement. “Yes, it's definitely a great place for them to hide, but if we can’t smell them, how are we going to find them?”

    Wonsik seemed uninterested in finding the vampires. The only information we had was that they were in town. We didn’t know if they were male or female, or what they looked like. Only that there were three of them, and that there were hunters after them.

    “I guess we will have to mingle.” He drifted into the sea of people and disappeared.

    I exhaled loudly and made my way over to the bar. It took me a moment to find an empty seat. I slid onto an empty barstool and requested a glass of water.     

    When the bartender returned with my glass, I turned around to watch the dance floor. I didn’t know what I was looking for. Maybe they would be nice enough to dress like Dracula from the movies. I chuckled at the thought.

    The girl sitting next to me turned and gave me a confused look. I smiled at her pleasantly. She was strikingly beautiful, very pale with long raven hair falling to her waist. Her lips were soft pink and plump. Her grey eyes reminded me of freshly poured cement. The dress she wore was white and modest. Long sleeves fell to her wrists and she had on a pair of pale purple leggings. She seemed to be drinking water as well. She didn’t smell or look drunk.

    I held out my hand, “I’m Hongbin.” She smiled politely and started to turn away. “You don’t look like the kind who would normally come to a place like this.”

    “I came with my sister.” She stated simply, and returned to sipping her water. She searched the crowd with panicked eyes.

    I nodded. “I had a friend drag me here as well.” I tried to calm her, but everything I said kept making her look more terrified. “I can’t leave, because I am his ride.”     

    “I’m sorry, I have to go.” She started to make a beeline for the exit.

    “Wait, I didn’t mean to scare you!” Without thought I reached out my hand to stop her. I felt electricity run from my curled toes through my fingertips, and into hers. She and I both gasped and lept apart. “It’s you.” I stated eyes wide. I reached out slowly and held her hand. It was very cold.

    She pulled back quickly, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

    “I’m sorry, may I have your name before you go?” I asked.

    She shook her head no, but at that moment, and identical woman, dressed in a black mini skirt and tank top, with fishnet leggings approached. She had the same long raven hair, but it had been pulled back into a high ponytail. “Soyoung!” She hollered at the girl. “You can’t leave yet,” She whined. Soyoung sighed, as her sister threw an arm around her shoulders. The new girl was visibly intoxicated.

    Wonsik, walked up behind me as well. He had also had too much to drink. As he stumbled over, I stood and offered him my seat. He wrinkled his nose and threw his arm around my shoulder mimicking the girls. “My Binnie found some twins!” He slurred his words. “I didn’t know you had it in you.” He hiccuped and patted my chest. He approached the girl dressed in black.  “Wanna dance?” He asked.

    She reached out and grabbed his outstretched hand. Their eyes snapped up to meet, and they both grinned as they returned to the dance floor.

    “Miyoung!” Soyoung yelled after her sister. She sighed and sank back to her seat. “I want to go home.” She muttered softly.

    I nodded in understanding. “I promise I’m not a creep, but I’m ready to get out of here too. I can give you a ride if you want.”

    She looked thoughtful, and for a moment I thought she would decline. “Didn’t you say that you were your friend’s ride?”

    I shrugged, “Wonsik can call a taxi.”

    She nodded, “Ok, but only because you’re not a creep.” She chuckled.

    

Wonsik’s POV

    Miyoung was amazing. We danced until 2am and couldn’t keep our hands off each other. Once we decided to leave, I offered to walk her home. It was a long walk. It had to have taken at least 30 minutes, but I wasn’t really paying attention to the time. We talked about almost everything. Me leaving out important details, such as being a venomous snake.

    Miyoung’s home was about 2 miles south of our lake house. It backed right up to the forest. The building was made of large grey wooden boards and seemed to be only a little smaller than the cabin.

    I walked her to the door, hoping for a goodnight smooch. She didn’t even try to act bashful. She grabbed my collar and pulled me in for a kiss. My hands slid around her slinder waist, and pulled her closer to me. She felt cold to the touch. I wrapped more of my arms around her in an attempt to keep her warm.

    Her hands moved from my collar to my neck, and slid around into my hair. She gave a gentle tug, and I moaned aloud. She chuckled, and gave a stronger tug pulling my head to the left. She started planting kissing along my exposed neck. Her tongue lapped at my neck, and she bit down hard. I yelped, when I felt her break the skin.

    We quickly pushed away from each other. She wiped furiously at her bloody mouth with the back of her hand. “Yuck! What are you? You taste disgusting!”     

    I grabbed at my bleeding neck. I knew the bleeding would soon stop, but the feeling of the blood running down my neck disgusted me. I stared at her wide eyed. “You.” My voice shook. “You're what drew the hunters here!”

    

 

 

So, more characters to move the story along. Yay! I am so excited for Miyoung. Someone needs to tame Wonsik :P