Chased

A Lack of Normalcy

Taekwoon's POV

    Like clockwork, at 11:30, I heard a SUV pull to a stop out front. I looked over at Hakyeon who let out a tense sigh. He ushered Wonsik, Hyuk, and Hongbin to the back door. They were to sit there poised to run when they heard the signal.

    There was a loud rapping at the door. Hakyeon took his time getting to the door. He peek through the peephole and let out another breath before opening the door with a smile. "Hey Minki!" He said happily. If not for our many years of friendship, I wouldn't have known he was terrified. "Who are your friends?"

     I walked over to join Hakyeon at the door. Minki was dwarfed by the men standing behind him. Both were large, not just tall, but muscular as well. They were grinning at Hakyeon like he was their dinner. I stared at them wordlessly. A little grateful, for my effortless intimidation. The large men stopped smiling and started to show some concern.

     Minki greeted me warmly, "Taekwoon, Hakyeon, hey. I just figured I'd stop by with some friends if that's alright. Are the girls here?"

     Hakyeon shook his head, "Nah they decided to go for a hike. Mentioning something about needing girl talk." He his mouth behind the back of his had and faux whispered, "I think they just want time to complain about us."

     After a few minutes of innocent talk a young girl stepped forward. "Enough of this." She pulled out a cross bow and shot. My reflexes were quicker than Hakyeon. I pushed him out of the way, the arrow grazing my arm. Jaehwan dropped low behind the house and let out an alarming screech.

     It was then that the boys behind the house took off running. Hyuk and Wonsick from my right, and Hongbin from the left. The hunters turned to look at the now fleeing boys in confusion. Taking advantage of the situation. Hakyeon and I attacked. Not injuring them, but laying them all out on their back, and ensuring that the weapons were far enough to give us a head start. Hakyeon and I spared each other one last glance and a brief nod, before each disappearing after the boys.

     I quickly caught up with Hongbin. Being that he and I were the faster runners we were practically walking trying to allow them time to catch up to us. After a few minutes without them following after use, I called out to Jaehwan,  He swooped down alarmed, and screeched indicating that something was wrong. Hongbin and I stopped and turned around. We made our way back, and saw that all of the hunters had gone after the three rather than dividing their attention.

    The other three were still well out of harms way, Hongbin and I gave the hunters space as we ran around them to catch up with the others. "What should we do." I asked.

    Hakyeon's answer was airy as he gasped trying to fill his deprived lungs, "We have to make sure they feel that we are truly worth their effort."

    "What does that mean?" Hyuk asked.

    "We shift." I answered quickly. We stopped once we were far enough away and began to strip. This confused the hunters, and at least one of them looked away blushing. Once bare, we shifted and continued our run. With Wonsik now being a snake, he hid rather than joining us. He made his way to a rendezvous point to wait for us to meet up. I knew he must have felt terrible for being unable to assist us in his animal form.

    Hongbin and I turned and began to dart toward the hunters. We didn't intend to hurt them, but did succeed in catching them off guard. The larger two continued after Sanghyuk and Hakyeon, while the 4 remaining small hunters made their way after Hongbin and myself. Minki stood between both groups eyes darting back and forth.

    "Minki!" and angry woman yelled, drawing his attention, "get the flash grenades!"

    Minki nodded and pulled a bag off his back. He acted clumsy in his nervousness. Taking his time to retrieve the weapon. He pulled the pin and yelled to l his friends know it was being thrown. He took a step forward and pulled back his hand as though he were going to throw the grenade toward me. I believe I saw a small upturn of his lips as his arms came forward without the grenade. The Hunters had all pulled on Sunglasses and covered their eyes. I watched as the flash grenade fell behind Minki. There was a bright flash of light. This distraction was enough for us to pull farther away.

   Minki mumbled and shouted a curse, "sorry guys." and went to through another at the other two. This time they were too far away. The grenade landed among the hunters temporarily blinding them.

   Hakyeon and Sanghyuk took off to make their way to the rendezvous point to meet Wonsik. Hongbin and I remained in the area to act as though we were toying with our prey.

    Once the sun was directly above us we acted as though we were getting too worn down. Minki's nervous disappeared. He became a fearless hunter and took off running after us. Once again I could hear the angry shouts of the other hunters calling after him. With Minki so close on our tails the others could only follow.

    Again the cross bows came out. As we ran arrows hit the trees splintering off pieces of bark and often only missing us by a few centimeters. We raced forward. The ritual spot was only two miles from where we were. Another arrow flew past, this time nicking Hongbin's ear. He let out a soft yip of pain, but he steps didn't falter. Even as we ran their arrow were too close for comfort. I took comfort in knowing that the other four and the girls were safe.

    Stupidly I looked back and saw that one of the larger hunters and two of the smaller hunters had separated from the group. I scanned the forest unable to locate the. My eyes snapped back to Minki at the back. He didn't hold a weapon, but instead carried a bag of ammunition. He met my eyes, his own were worried. He shrugged and looked around as well.

     This could be very bad, was the last thought that crossed my mind before they cut me off on two, four wheelers.  

 

 

Here is a 2nd chapter as I promised. I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Please comment, and subscirbe!

I love you all! ♥