(Not So) Sweet Dreams

A Lack of Normalcy

 

Taekwoon’s POV

    Somehow I had been put in charge of collecting the part of Haewon needed for the dream walking potion. When I asked why I had received a variety or replies ranging from “You’re his best friend.” to “Everyone else already has a job.”

    I thought for a while about how to properly retrieve a fingernail clipping or saliva. I could not imagine Hakyeon allowing me to walk in and pull out a hair. In the end I decided that even if I could not tell him the whole truth, I would keep it as close to the truth as possible.

    I rapped gently on the door. Hakyeon looked up at me. He looked like a ghost. His skin was ashen, he had ring under his eyes and lacked their normal shine. It took a moment for him to smile. When the smile finally settled on his face, it was not reaching his eyes. The laptop was resting on the bed by Haewon’s feet with the top closed.

    I seeing Hakyeon looking like that I could not help but step forward and pull him into my arms. Immediately he buried his face in my stomach, his hands in my shirt at either side. His shoulders shook with his soft sobs. I rubbed his back gently.

    “It hurts. It really hurts.” His sobs were broken. “I can’t do this Taekwoon, I can’t watch her dying, but, but I can’t leave her.” He started to fall from the chair. His knees hit the ground in front of me. He looked up at me with tears falling from his eyes in quick streams. “You have to help me Taekwoon. Help me save her. I will do anything. She has to live.”

    I placed my hands on either side of Hakyeon’s shoulders and brought him to stand. “I will do everything think I can. We all care for Haewon deeply. She is an important part of our family, our pack.”

    Hakyeon sniffled disgustingly. I walked him around to the other side of the queen sized bed where Haewon was sleeping. Pulling back the blanket, I sat Hakyeon on the bed. I dropped to my knees and pulled of his slippers, before turning his legs to he was laying on the bed. I pulled the blanket up and tucked it around him. “I am going to help Haewon. You need to rest and take care of yourself, so you can help her when she wakes.” Hakyeon nodded in reply, but his eyes were already closed.

    I walked around to the other side of the bed, and ran my hands through Haewon’s hair. Mumbling a quick apology, I pulled the hair free. I smoothed back her bangs and placed a kiss to the top of her head. I sent up a silent prayer before leaving the room. I let out a sigh of relief once the door was closed.

    

    I brought the hair to the kitchen and handed it to Chohee was standing next to Minji watching as she cut the herbs. The pot on the stove seemed to be stirring itself. Chohee took it and immediately cut it into tiny pieces over the boiling water. “How was Hakyeon?”

    I decided to leave out his breakdown. That was between us. “He is pretty bad. I managed to get him to get some sleep though.”

    “You must be a miracle worker.” Chohee shook her curls in amazement.

    “I have seen someone else lose a mate before. He is taking it better than most, but that might be because she isn’t really gone.”

    Minji turned to look at me, “This is done.” She motioned to the finely chopped herbs. “Why don’t you make sure that Kyungsoon is ready. I know you will want to stay with her the whole time.” I nodded and went to find my girlfriend.

Kyungsoon’s POV

    I sat at a desk in the room next to where Haewon was sleeping. I was staring out the window trying my best to plan what to say to Haewon when I saw her. My leg bounced with nervousness, I felt a hand settle on my leg, and let out a small yelp as I turned toward the offender.

    Taekwoon looked me with a small smile. His hand still rested on my leg keeping it still. “Don’t be nervous.”

    There was a soft knock at the door, and Minji and Chohee entered. “It’s ready?” I asked. They nodded in unison. Minji set it down on the table. “There is no trick to it. Just drink it and go to sleep. I’ll leave you alone.” She nodded and went to shut the door.

    “Wait! How do I get back?” I asked quickly.

    The door slowly slid back open. “Haewon will have to bring you back with her. When she wants to come home, there should be a door or something that will allow you to cross back over.”

    I nodded still confused. She shut the door. “Now is as good a time as any other.” I picked up the glass and downed it quickly, trying my best not to think about what was inside.

    Once I had downed the drink. I laid down on the bed. Taekoon shifted into his panther form and cured up in the bed with me. He at my hair making me giggle softly. I curled into his warmth, and let my eyes drift closed.

 
 
I wrote this chapter while at work, and had the hardest time trying to keep myself from tears while writting about N. I do terrible things to him, but only because I know just how incredibly strong he is (he can take it, I'm sure! I love you N)
 
 I am sorry it has been so long again. I did Nanowrimo last month, which drew me away from this story for awhile. This fic is slowly nearing it's end (which makes me sad, and hesitant to write the ending) I hope to be back with bonus chapters occasionally. 
 
Thank you to all of you who comment, subscribe and upvote! I love to hear from you. I have a question for all of you. When this story ends, which pair would you most want to see in a bonus chapter? I look forward to your answers ;)
 
 
 
If any of you are interested, I have another fic I have been working on, called Between Two Worlds (it was my Nanowrimo fic this year) It is a Neo fic, with some Hyukbin and Kenvi. It's my first time writting boyslove (I wouldn't call it ), but it is also kinda innocent. No worse any anything in this story. 
Check it out if you're interested :)