Games

A Lack of Normalcy

Kyungsoon’s POV

    Hakyeon and Haewon told us later on Saturday, that they wanted to get closer to Minki. They hoped that knowing the enemy would help us be prepared. Taekwoon asked that I stay away from Minki, but I wasn’t able to avoid him.

    I felt bad.  Minki didn’t seem like a bad person. He didn’t appear to have murderous intent. Chohee had decided that she and I would be the best option to get close. I agreeded. Maybe building a closer relationship with Minki, would allow me to protect him, as well as Taekwoon.

    This is how we started our game night. It was Chohee’s idea. She easily recited: "A person’s true character comes out while playing games.” This also gave us reason to get the group together with Minki. Trying to stay cautious, that first night it was only the three of us, and we choose to play Monopoly.  

    It was my house, and it wasn’t really just the three of us.  Jaehwan was perched on the building across the street again and Leo was curled up on my lap or at my feet most of the time. Occasionally, he would hop up on the table and try to steal one of Minki’s houses, or his piece. Minki handled it surprisingly well, “I guess Leo doesn’t like men.” He timidly reached out a hand to pet Leo’s back. Leo made his fur stand on end and went up on his toes, but didn’t hiss or try to bite at Minki.  "It seems like he's slowly warming up to me.” Minki grinned excitedly.

    Around an hour into our game, at 8:30pm, there was a loud rapping at the door.  I excused myself from the table to answer it. Predictably, Hongbin was on the other side of the door. He was going to lend me a camera as the reason for his visit. Chohee suggested that he should be the first to meet Minki, because he had been mentioned in conversations before.

    He stepped inside and saw the game set out on the table, as well as Minki and Chohee. He waved at them both and smiled, bowing his head slightly, “I’m sorry, I didn’t know that you had company. I was over this was so I thought I’d drop off the camera you wanted to borrow.”

    I took the camera bag from him with a smile.  “It’s fine, come in and I’ll introduce you.” He took off his shoes, and I pulled him over to the table. “You know Chohee,” she grinned and waved, “and this is Minki, he is new to the area, and lives a couple of apartments down.”

    Minki stood and held his hand out to Hongbin.  “It’s nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard so much about you.” Hongbin shook Minki’s hand.  "Hey!  Why don’t you join us?  We aren’t that far in yet, or we can switch games.” Minki suggested hopefully. He and I were both being beaten badly by Chohee.    

    “Sorry, I can’t I was on my way out to meet the guys.” He turned to face me and Chohee, “Jaehwan and Taekwoon will be there actually.” Minki looked confused.  "Their boyfriends.” Hongbin clarified.

    “But I thought you were together with Kyungsoon? And Chohee is with Ken.”

    I felt my cheeks grow warm, as Chohee cleared up the confusion. “Kyungsoon and Taekwoon don’t go out much. They prefer to stay in. If you see Kyungsoon out alone with a guy it’s usually Hongbin. As for Jaehwan, I call him Ken, because he reminds me of a Ken doll.”

    Minki still seemed confused, “And these guys are ok with you being alone with Hongbin?”

    I nodded, “They're roommates, well, housemates technically. I met Taekwoon through Hongbin.”

    “Why don’t you invite them to join us next time?  Your housemates, I mean."  Minki suggested.

    “Really?  All of them?"  Chohee asked.  “Six people share the house."  She thought for a moment. “If we get some of the girls together, we can do women and children against the men. Charades would be fun.”

    “Women and children?” Minki asked

    “Yeah, Hyukkie is still a senior in High School. So we can lump him in with the women to even out the teams. I can only think of three other girls, I’d want to play with.” She chuckled.

    “Where would we fit 12 people?” I asked

    “If Hakyeon is ok with it, we can have it at our house, so long as you guys are ok with it.” Chohee and I both looked at Hongbin, alarmed. Why would he invite him to a place with so much evidence of what they are?

    “Sound great!” Minki answered. Chohee and I regained our composure and agreed.

    Hongbin dismissed himself and left. Our game continued for another hour or so before Chohee and Minki left to go to their respective apartments.

    Leo retreated to my bedroom, and I began to pick up all the pieces to the game. As I was delivering the cups and plates, from our snacks, to the sink, I felt Taekwoon’s arms slide around my waist. “I think Hongbin just bit off more than we can chew.” He whispered near my ear.

    He placed his head on my shoulder as I ran water to do the dishes. Once the sink was full of bubbles. I grabbed a handful and set them on top of his head. He pulled back and looked at me confused. I couldn’t help but giggle. After a moment his eyes took on a murderous glint. He grabbed a small handful and placed them on the tip of my nose.

    Around the bubbles I could see him smiling with closed lips. “Challenge accepted.” I mumbled, and grabbed another handful. Bubbles began flying all around my small kitchen. Soon, every surface was covered. The last bit of bubbles were in my hand, and I grinned evilly, motioning for Taekwoon to come forward.

    He shook his head and took a cautious step back. I stepped forward. Unknowingly I place my foot on bubbles. I fell forward into Taekwoon, who then fell with me. We both shook with laughter as we lay on the floor with soap bubbles surrounding us.

I placed a light kiss on his nose, and used the distraction to place the remaining bubbles in his hair. He grinned at me and rolled over, placing me carefully beneath his weight.  "You’re in for it now.” He said huskily, before kissing me hungrily.

My traitorous hands worked their way into his hair and angled his head so that his mouth fit perfectly over mine. He bit my lip lightly making me gasp. His tongue slipped inside to dance with my own.

It ended too quickly. Taekwoon pulled himself off of me, and pulled me to my feet. “We should probably get this cleaned up, and then I am going to need to borrow your shower.”

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I feel like this relationship may be too much of a tease for me. lol
Thank you for subscribing, wow! and my first up vote :) I am very glad to see that my story is enjoyed!