8. Underneath it All

Hate U Love U

Hyukjae's POV

Flashback

"What's this? An envelope?" I asked myself as I took an envelope from the little drawer infront of me. I was inside Hae's car. I stared at it for like 5 seconds, being hesitant if I should open it or not, but I ended up reading it anyway.

"A medical result?" I scanned the whole sheet of paper. It was adressed to Lee Donghae, age 25, born on October 15,1986. It showed the common stuff like his height and weight. So I'm guessing it's just his monthly check up results. I was putting it back when a folded paper fell inside.

I took it out and unfolded it. It was a test result with some findings.

"Findings:

-The patient was found to have a tumor inside his head. Conditions may worsen because of stress and over fatigue. This may result to other complications of even worse"

I was speechless. This was issued last June so its been awhile. I already knew I was crying because of this. I saw Hae at the rear view mirror on his way back. I placed the papers inside the envelope, then to the drawer and acted as if nothing happened.

End of Flashback

 

"So you just accidentally knew about Hae hyung's condition" Kyu asked.

"Yep. How about you?"

"Well I was at the hospital that day too,"

"You accompanied him there? So it means that he's aware that you know about this?"

"No and no. He has no clue about this either. You know how clueless he is"

"How did you discover it?"

"Well I was visiting someone. Remember the doctor that saved my life? It was his birthday so I paid him a visit."

 

Flashback

Kyuhyun's POV

So like I was telling you, I was visiting Dr. Park that day. The guy saved my life so I visit him every year for his birthday.

I went at around 8am at the hospital 'cause I had schedules in the afternoon. Since I wasn't quite familiar to the hospital, I started roaming around.

Of course I was wearing a disguise 'cause fans and other people might notice me. I managed to go the lobby and sat on the couch. I was playing a game on my phone when the nurse announce the next patient.

"Lee Donghae ssi?" the nurse announced and I saw a man wearing a hoodie stand up from the back. He was wearing a mask but it was definitely Donghae hyung. I know there are so many Lee Donghae's in Korea but his body built was definitely noticeable. I overheard what the nurse was telling him since I sat infront.

"Mr. Lee Dr. Han will see you know. He's at room 183 at the fifth floor."

I didn't bother calling him since I though it was unnecessary anyways and I also have an appointment.

I actually didn't expect anything on why he was there since he has a for being healthy. I just thought it was for his monthly check-up since he regularly take those.

After 10 minutes I was called.

"Mr. Cho Dr. Park will see you now. He's at room 184 at the fifth floor."

On the way up the elevator, I realized that Donghae's room and I was just beside each other. I was thinking that we might bump into each other later. 

So I went inside and chatted with Dr, Park.

"Uhm Doc, who's the doctor at room 183?"

"You mean Dr. Han? Why do you know him?"

"No. He's a family doctor right? I saw one of our members here"

"Ah you mean Donghae ssi? He's been coming here regularly. And Dr. Han is a neurologist."

"He's been here regularly?"

"Yes, I've seen him a couple of times here before."

"Ah is that so? Well I'll be going then, I have schedules to attend to later. Happy Birthday again"

"Okay. Thanks for stopping by"

 

So I left the room, I was waling passed by Donghae's room when I overheard their conversation.

"It's worse from expected Donghae ssi"

"What do you mean doc?"

"The tumor's been spreading. It's the reason for the constant migraines you've been having"

"But there is a cure right?"

"We can only prevent it from spreading more. You need constant medications for this."

"Will I live long?"

"I can't determine that son, I'm not God. I can just promise you that we'll do everything to take that tumor out of your head."

 

I was surprised with the conversation. I hurriedly walked to the elevator. My mind was completely blank.

End of Flashback.

 

"What are we gonna do Kyu? Can't we tell him about this?"

"Of course not hyung"

"But I wanna take care of him. Make him feel I'm just here for him."

"You can do that secretly hyung. I told you he'll feel as if he's a burden, We can't tell him the we know about his sickness."

 

As hyuk and Kyu were talking, they didn't notice that someone heard their whole conversation.

"D-Donghae's sick!?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Waaahh sorry for the late update T.T I've been pre occupied lately because of school work. Just watched SS3 3D last night!! It was a blast I swear! I was kinda longing for more but it made me reminisce on SS3 Manila!! It was pure hip galore haha! (erted ELF here XD)

Anyways leave a comment okay? And to all my silent readers, make me feel your presence! I won't bite I swear! XD