25. The truth I was running from

Hate U Love U

Hyuk's POV

Where is he? I thought he was gonna pick me up after Sukira? Sukira ended like 30 minutes ago. Its 12:30 in the morning and I'm here inside the studio playing with my phone.

I've been calling him for like 5 times already but he hasn't picked it up even once. I'm getting worried. What if he decided to take back what he said during the broadcast? What if he backed out already? Am I being too hard on him?

"Hyuk, you're not going back with me?" Teukie hyung asked as he was preparing his things.

"I think not hyung, Hae told me that he's gonna stop by,"

"But its late, and he's already 30 minutes late"

"You know how he is hyung. He has no sense of time. I think I'm gonna wait for him until 1 am, then I'll go home after."

"You sure?"

"Positive. You can go home first. You have a schedule tomorrow morning, I mean later right?"

"Yes. Well take care. Don't stay up too late okay?"

"Okay hyung. Bye"

Teukie hyung left and I was stuck alone at the studio. I was walking around and just let time flew by.

 

I stopped at PD nim's office.

"Uhm PD nim, can I watch TV here for a sec? I'm waiting for my ride home"

"Oh, you aren't going back with Leeteuk?"

"Nope. He has an early schedule later. So can I?"

"Sure. I was about to go home anyways. Just lock the door when you go out okay?"

"Neh, I'll leave the key at the information desk. Have a safe trip home"

"Okay, don't stay up too late."

I bowed to him before he went out and I sat at the small couch and the TV.

 

Hmm let's see. A drama? No. Music channel? No, too loud. A variety show? Nope, to fun.

I was flipping channels when I stopped at the News channel.

 

"A car crash took place near Seoul Park at around 12:00 midnight today. The car was reportedly driven by Super Junior member Lee Donghae. The car was reportedly to have crashed head front into a van after it u-turned. The car was found to have loose wirings that might have caused the accident. The passengers of the van only received minor injuries, as for Donghae-ssi, he is now being treated at Seoul Hospital for receiving head injuries and some scratches on his leg. We will further inform you regarding this accident."

My jaw dropped. How am I even gonna react on this!?

I turned the TV off quickly and dashed outside to hail a cab. 

I called teukie hyung.

"-H-Hyung" I was crying already.

"Oh Hyukjae ah. What happened? Are you coming home already? Why are you crying?"

"D-Donghae, H-He...."

"What? He didn't show up? Ah what did I tell you about him---"

"N-No, its n-not that. H-He"

"He what?"

"H-He was in an a-accident. I'm on my way to the h-hospital hyung."

"Accident!? Wait I'm going there too! Wait for me and the others"

"H-Hurry hyung o-okay?"

"A-Arasseo"

 

I ended the call and ran towards the emergency room when I arrived at the hospital.

I ran at the information desk,

"Where is Lee Donghae?"

"He's at the operating room right now, he's being treated, Please wauit outside for the doctor.

I walked there and just sat.

I dunno what to do. What to say or what to think right now,

 

Why now? Why is it now when everything is already falling into place? Why does this have to happen? We were finally okay and now we're facing another problem that I don't know how to solve. I just can't.

Is this my punishment for taking revenge on him? Is this what I get in return for making things more complicated? Why does it have to happen to him? Why not on me?

"Hyukjae!" I glanced at my side and saw the other members running towards me.

"Hyung!" I stod up and hugged teukie hyung.

"How's Hae doing? Is he alright?"

"I don't know. He's still in the operating room and the doctor haven't told me anything yet. I'm getting nervous hyung"

"Don't be. He's strong he can do it. Lets just think positive about this and he'll get well sooner or later."

 

We all sat down at the bench outside the emergency room and waited anxiously for the doctor.

"Are you the family of Lee Donghae ssi?" The doctor said as he exited from the emergency room.

"We are. Is he okay?" I asked.

"Let's all talk into my office. The reporters and media might see us."

"Okay. Hyukjae, me and the others are going to arrange Hae's papers and for his room okay? You and Teukie hyung just talk to the doctor." Sungmin hyung suggested.

"Okay hyung. We'll be going then."

 

Teukie hyung and I followed the doctor into his office. I was nervous for so many things. One is that Hae might have a hard time recovering and Two, his sickness might worsen. Let's not all forget that he still has that tumor on his brain.

"The impact of the car on him was pretty serious and it pretty much affected his upper body." The doctor started out.

"What happened really? Is he stable?" Teukie hyung asked.

"We'll there's 2 news. What do you wanna hear first? The good one or the bad one?"

"What's the good news?" I asked.

"Well the good news is that we successfully took out the tumor from his brain and he's finally free from that."

"Oh thank godness! So he doesn't need to worry about it anymore right?" I said.

"Yes, but let's not be calm about this."

"So what's the bad news?" Teukie hyung said.

"He's in a state of coma right now due to the strong impact he had on his head because of the accident. His head was the most affected part and I believe that he received a lot of injuries that might bring him other complications"

I was stunned. This was the thing I was afraid of the most. What if he never wakes up? What if he ad those kind of year long coma situations? I can't imagine him being under those kind of situations at all.

 

"YOu mean, we don't know when he's gonna wake up?" I said.

"We really can't tell. It all depends on him. If his body can take it, then he'll pretty much wake up after a few days, but if not. He can be comatosed for a year."

"But he is gonna wake up right?" Teukie hyung asked.

"I hope he does. We'll gonna monitor everything until he wakes up. I think you should continue talking to him even when he's asleep. He can wake up sooner if he hears the voices of the people he's close with."

"Thanks a lot. Can we already transfer him to a private room?"  Teukie hyung asked,

"Yes you can. We'll be arranging the room"

"Thanks again" I said.

Both of us bowed and made our way to the others.

 

There were definitely a lot of reporters outside and the security people were blocking them from getting inside. SM is probably taking damage control right now.

Who would've though that Hae was gonna be involved in an accident as big as this? I just hope that he wakes up soon.

We made our way to the private room the others prepared for Hae.

We entered inside and saw Hae already sleeping. Well he's in a coma so of course he's just sleeping.

His forehead and hair was pretty much covered up with bandages. His right leg also was in a cast. He probably broke it during the accident,

The others were just silent and I saw wook crying at the side. The others were pretty much crying or just sulking at a corner.

Sungmin hyung approached us and asked us what the doctor told us.

"So what did the doctor told you guys?" Sungmin hyung asked and the others looked at us and waited for what we were gonna say.

"Well tha tumor he has is pretty much gone." Teukie hyung said.

"That's good to hear! But, hyuk, why aren't you happy at all?"

"H-He's in a coma hyung. We don't know when Hae is gonna wake up" I said.

"W-what?" Yesung hyung said,

"The doctor said he received so much head injury. He said its already up to Hae when he wants to wake up" Teuk hyuung said,

"B-but... So this means we don't know when he'll wake up at all?" Shindong hyung asked,

"Pretty much hyung. We'll just wait and see when he'll wakes up" I said,

"We just have to be strong about this again. We did the same to Kyuhyun so we shouldn't give up on this one either. Hae is gonna get better so we'll just wait." Teukie hyung said,

He's right. We just need to wait right?

 

Hae, you promised we'll make this work again. You said we'll try again. I need you to be with me. I lost you once, and I'm never gonna lose you twice,

I'm gonna wait for you until you wake up.

 

 

 

 

 

Updated! Sorry it took so long T.T I've been sick. Well I'm still sick actually XDD So I already have this all planned out inside my head, but I still add something everytime I update XD Sorry if this i getting more dramatic than expected. Is it alright? Well I think some of you forgot about Hae's sickness right? Well its gonna revolve on it on the following updates. So let's all brace ourselves for dramatic updates,

 

Oooooh and PS. Yoona is still hre to ruin the story XDD I'm getting excited for it! =))))