37. making the right decision

Hate U Love U

Hyuk already went home and Donghae was dragged by Yoona on a date. They accidentally met at the restaurant and being the needy girl that she is, she dragged her still injured boyfriend out.

"Oppa, are you comfortable if we go to the park?" She said as she clinged on his arm.

"Uhm I don't think it'll be a good idea. I'm still injured you know. I can't walk that long enough." He explained. Yoona didn't hide her disappointment of what happened.

"Aww is that so? Hmm we'll we're still going to the park but we're just gonna sit there and talk, how about that?"

"Sure. That sounds nice."

 

Dongahe was sure kind enough to agree on what his girlfriend wanted to do.  As they found a bench to sit at, the started talking and started catching up on things. Yoona just came back from a concert from Taiwan.

"So how are you doing oppa?"

"I've been better. Just a little more therapy and I can walk like nothing happened." Donghae cannot hide the uneasiness he was feeling. Why wasn't he feeling happy about this?

He knows something was wrong but he doesn't know what. He didn't have that giddy feeling inside of him everytime he's with Hyuk. 

It was weird to even think of that thought. He wasn't sure of it but he knew the feeling was awkward. He tried to get closer to Yoona but it just left him even more frustrated.

 

"Hey Yoong" Donghae called.

"Yes oppa? You need anything?"

"Uhm, are you sure we're really together?" Donghae suddenly blurted out. He was sure enough Yoona wasn't expecting his statements.

"Why are you asking me that? Aren't you convinced that we're together?" Yoona eyed him. He wasn't feeling bad or anything.

"Uhm no I am, maybe I was. I have no idea why I even blurted that out. Sorry if I offended you. It just bothers me." He tilted his head down 

"What bothers you then oppa? I have feeling I know where this is leading anyway." She gave him a resentful smile.

"You do? H-How? Are you feeling it to?" 

"Hmm not that way. Just feels Deja Vu all over again. So what's bothering you then?"

"I don't know why but the feeling between us, its different. Like there's nothing between us but air. No feelings at all. Unlike with----" He stopped before mentioning his friend's name.

"Unlike with Hyukjae oppa right? Like I said, I already know about this. Its quite obvious. I just thought you'd forget about it, but guess I was wrong then"

"What do you mean its obvious? And about me forgetting?"

 

Donghae couldn't be confused as ever. It was too much for him to handle especially right now that's Yoona is starting to tell him things he's been questioning himself for some time now. It was starting to fall into place right now. He felt as if this already happened. All he need now was clear answers to his every question.

 

"Everything you do is obvious oppa. You like him, I get it." Yoona nodded.

"Sorry Yoong, if it ended like this. I mean I like you, but not that kind of likenes you want it to be. Hyuk is just different. He makes me feel complete in a way I don't even know how to put into words. He's someone I can't explain in words. How he just fills me and he's the source of my happiness. Sorry again, but I love Hyuk." 

Finally, he said it all. He's been denying himself of every bit of feeling he has for his friend. How everything was set free finally from his heart. It felt good, he felt reieved. He finally admitted those feelings he has been hiding for weeks. There was no other ways how to explain what he's feeling right now.

"I know oppa, I don't have to hear it twice you know." Yoona gave him a slight punch

"Twice? I never told you these things before"

"No, you did. You said those exact words when we were still dating 4 years back. You did break up with me because you love Hyukjae oppa. In case you're wondering, you are together. You just forgot it all because of the accident. I didn't want to end it easily since you know how I feel about you. I'm sorry about everything I did."  Yoona tilted her head down to hide her shedding a tear.

"Come on, don't be like that. And I forgive you. I was harsh with what I said. Breaking up with you because of another person. I'm the one that's suppose to say sorry here."

"No need. Already accepted things 4 years back, I was just dense and trapped into my little thought that you still felt the same way to me like before. " She explained.

"Thanks Yoona, you know for everything"

"Your welcome. And besides I just wanted you to be happy, and Hyukjae oppa is the source of it. I don't have to prevent it"

 

Donghae couldn't be happier of what happened. He finally arranged everything that happened. He even admitted those unsure feelings he had before. He kinda sorted it out in his own. Having this little moment to just sink it in his heart. It was special.

One thing was only left to be done. Now he needs to tell Hyuk about his new found feelings, all over again.