10. Coming out of the Dark

Hate U Love U

"That's the last song of the night. I hope you had fun with me. Goodnight yeorobeun! Annyeong!" I took my headphones out as I turned off the mic infront of me. I finished the program alone. Hae didn't come back. He might be sleeping in the car. I better get down so we can go home.

"Bye PD nim!" I greeted our producer

"Ok. Tell Donghae to get well soon okay? Have a safe trip home"

"Ne! We'll go first"

 

I walked to the carpark and looked for my car. I opened it and found no one inside.

"Where could he be?" I thought to myself. I told him to wait for me inside. He musn't have gone home already right? I better call wookie since Hae's phone is with me.

"Oh hey hyung what's up?"

"Is Hae there?"

"Nope. I thought he's with you at Sukira tonight ?"

"We were together but I can't find him here. I'll just search for him again. Call me when he arrives there okay?"

"ne hyung, bye"

 

I went back inside the building I asked the guard if he saw Donghae, but he said he hasn't left the building.

I went up again and went to the bathroom

"Yah! LEE DONGHAE!!!"

I ran towards the bathroom door and found him unconscious on the bathroom floor. 

"Yah! Wake up! Lee Donghae this isn't funny! Yah!" I kept shaking him but it was no use. He was definitely unconscious. I held him up and rode the elevator fast to get to the carpark. I drove fast to the hospital and rushed him to the emergency room.

What am I gonna do? Hae's been unconscious for at least an hour and I don't even know it!? I waited outside and called teukie hyung. It rang about 10 times but no one answered. It must be off. I called heechul hyung next. He answered on the first ring.

"oh hyukkie-ah"

"H-hyung, d-donghae h-he" I was sobbing"

"Yah what's wrong? Calm down so you can tell me"

"He fainted. I saw him unconscious on the bathroom floor. I'm at Seoul Hospital right now" He still hasn't woke up" 

"O-okay. Wait for us okay? We're on our way" Hyung hang up the phone.

 

"Guys!" Heechul shouted for the members 

"What's wrong hyung?" Yesung asked

"D-donghae he fainted at Sukira. He's still unconscious right now"

"What!?" All of them exclaimed

"I'll explain later, Hyuk's waiting for us there" Eveyone dashed to the door and headed for the hospital.

 

At the hospital

"Lee Donghae?" the doctor approached me

"I'm his friend, is he okay?"

"Let's talk someplace else" He showed me the way to his office

"Are you aware of his condition?"

"Yes, what happened to him?" He explained to me how hae acquired that kind of sickness. It was because of a severe head injury he got while playing soccer when he was young.

"So basically him fainting and being unconscious right now is still because of the tumor. Did he suffered from migraines lately?"

"yes, He was complaining for one awhile back"

"His migraines might come and go but its just all normal for him to suffer from that"

"Then what are we gonna do?"

"He should stay in here for a couple of days so we can run more tests. He'll wake up soon, we just gave him some pain reliever"

"Thank you"

 

I went outside and sat at one of the benches infront of Hae's room. He was already transferred to a private room. I'm still waiting for the others to come since I have to explain a lot of things.

"Hyuk!" Heechul hyung said as he was approaching me along with the others.

"Hyung!"

"Where's donghae?"

"Right inside"

"Come one" He opened the door and I followed him. I was having mixed emotions after seeing Hae in that hospital bed.

 

"What happened to him?" Wookie asked

"I dunno, I just found him lying on the bathroom floor"

"What did the doctor say?" Kyu asked

"Not good at all, he said its not stable"

"What condition? Is there something you guys are hiding from us?" Min hyung asked.

"I think its better if teukie hyung is the one who wil explained it" I said

"Whatever it is, I know it isn't good"

"So did the doctor say anything else?" Shindong hyung asked

"He said Hae needs to stay here for some tests" 

"I hope he'll be fine soon" Yesung hyung

 

"Hyukkie?" I turned around and saw Hae trying to open his eyes. All of us went beside him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him

"A little bit fine, where am i?"

"At the hospitalm you fainted at the studio, don't you remember?" I asked

"No, what am I doing here?"

"I told you that you fainted"

"Really? The last thing I know I was having a huge headache then now I'm here"

"Well, that explains it" Kyu said.

"But hyuk, do you know already?" Hae asked me

"Yes, I know everything" I told him

"Uhm, guys, can you leave us for a moment? I wanna talk to hyuk privately"

"Come one guys, I'll treat for dinner, I mean midnight snack, let's give this two a room" Heechul hyung said.

"You serious hyung?" Siwon said.

They went out and closed the door behind them

 

"Let's talk hyuk"