26. Twist of Fate

Hate U Love U

Hyuk's POV

It's been a week since Hae got involved in that car accident. I've been going here in his room and just wait for him to wake up. I never lost hope. Never did. I just want to be the first person that he'll see when he wakes up.

The agency has pertty much covered up Hae's disappearance lately. They told the press and mostly our fans that Hae has been on vacation and is staying somewhere. They of course didn't reveal where it is exactly since overseas fans might look for him.

I've been talking to him lately. Saying how my day went well, how I wanted to say sorry for everything. I just hope he hears me.

"Still no change hyuk?" Sungmin hyung said as he entered the room, I was busy reading a magazine.

"Still nothing hyung. I bet he's probably tired from sleeping." I joked.

"He's gonna wake up soon don't worry. He's probably missing seeing that smile of yours. I haven't seen you happy ever since last week."

"I guess I'm not in the mood at all. How could I be happy right? And besides, I'll pretty much laugh and smile like an idiot when Hae wakes up."

"I'll be counting on that. I'm gonna wash the fruits the management gave us okay?" 

"Okay hyung"

I looked at the sleeping Hae again,

'Aren't you still gonna wake up? You're not a heavy sleeper Hae. I'm surprised you slept this much. I've missed you, you know that? I'm sorry I made you suffer from all of this. I really didn't mean to. I hope we'll get back to the things they were supposed to be.'

I held the tears that were starting to form in my eyes. I promised Hae that I won't cry again. 

*knock*

*knock*

I looked at the door and saw Yoona coming in. Great. What is she doing here?

 

"Oppa, I came to visit Hae oppa" She said shyly. What's this? A new plastic attitude?

"How did you knew about this? Only our members know about this!" I half shouted at her, Great. Why is she even here!?

"I-I just heard the others talking about this." She reasoned out.

"Oh really? Well what are you doing here? You already saw him so get lost. He'll probably just drag you out anyway when he wakes up"

"Oppa. I don't want to create trouble or anything-"

"Then leave."

"Oppa. I just want to see how Hae oppa is doing. I know I've done a lot of things, and I wanna apologize for that.,"

"But you've done so much already. you've ruin me and Hae and I can't make you do that again." 

"Please let me explain oppa, I love Hae oppa and you know that. Why can't you just give him to me? I'm more suited to be with him anyway."

"What did you say?" I was holding back my anger.

"Isn't it obvious? We're way different from each other? And how will people react if they knew that you and Hae oppa are in a forbidden relationship huh? Don't you even think of the embarrassment Hae oppa would get from this?"

 

I clenched my fists. I seriously am hurt about what she's blabbing about. Of course I have definitely thought about this. Especially with what me and Hae have. It's not something that people can openly accept. But, I decided not to care what other people will think about us.

 

"Are you even hearing yourself now? What kind of person are you to even talk something about that!?"

"Why? I'm just pointing out the obvious hyuk oppa. Can't you see what would happen?"

"And why would you talk about this now? So what if I'm different. What if I'm a guy and Hae is also? You're pointing out our big differences when in fact, Hae chose me, a guy, over you who's a girl. No matter what you say, Hae loves me and not you. You know how we startedd out but you never talked about this."

"......"

 

She was speechless. I could see her tilting her head down. She knows I'm right and I'm just pointing out the truth here. I don't wanna sound mean, but she was just asking for it. How could she say that just because we're both guys, we're not meant for each other. So what if we're both guys, we love each other so what's stopping us? She's just jealous of what me and Hae have.

 

"You know what Yoona, just get out of here. I don't want you here and neither does Hae. So before he probably wakes up, get the hell out of here!"

I held her hand and started dragging her out.

 

"Oppa! Wait! I don't wanna go!! Let me go!!" She kept forcing herself to let go of my grip. I was stronger.

"Be quiet. Leave!" I continued to drag her.

 

"Hyuk? What are you doing to Yoona?"

I turned around and saw a struggling Hae to open his eyes. I quickly ran to his side.

 

"Hae! Thank God you're awake!" I said to him. He looked at me.

"Hae oppa!!" Yoona also rushed to Hae's other side. Pfft.

"Hyuk, why were you dragging Yoona out of the room?" He looked at me with a puzzled expression. 

"Why? I thought you would get angry if you see her here. I mean you hate her." I explained.

He just looked at me. Did I say anything wrong?

 

"Why would I get angry at her? I mean she's my girlfriend. Isn't she allowed to stay here?"

What?

What did he say?

"Hae oppa." Yoona said.

"Hae, what are you saying? What do you mean she's your g-girlfriend!?" I said half-shouting.

"Why are you getting angry Hyuk? Isn't Yoona my girlfriend? Why are you reacting that way?"

"She isn't! What are you talking about!? You never were together right?"

"We were hyuk oppa.  We were in a relationship before." Yoona spoke up.

 

I'm at lost for words here. What the hell is happening.

"Donghae, what are you saying? Uhm, what year is it now?" Sungmin hyung asked.

"2011 right?" Hae answered.

"Who are you in a relationship with?" He asked again.

"With Yoona. Who else would I be with? Do I have another one?" Hae look puzzled.

 

I don't know how to react. I was pretty sure I am crying right now. He looked at me. 

"Yah hyukjae ah! Why is my bestfriend crying?" 

Bestfriend?

I'm a bestfriend to him?

"Y-You don't remember anything?" I said in between sobs.

"What would I forget? I remember everything perfectly! You're my bestfriend! What else should I remember?"

Again with the bestfriend.

 

I can't take this.

What the hell is happening!?

 

"Something's wrong with him hyuk" Sungmin said.

"I-I don't know what---" I trailed off.

I left the room.

How am I a bestfriend to him!?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Update!! Wahahaha sorry for the late one! Been busy with school and of course for Christmas! Advance Merry Christmas everyone!! =)) 

It's getting pretty interesting right? Well my target is up to 30+ chapters so I hope I can reach it. This is gonna get pretty awkward and I'm gonna reveal how these two ended up together in the first place. Afterall, this whole fic started with just a short textfic =))))

Comment away!!