CHAPTER 7: New beginning and an end

Flavor of Love

 


{Next Morning}

 

Mina: (On the phone with Sae) I don’t know but I went in her house early but she’s not there. (She lied)

Sae: I’ve been trying to contact her but I wasn’t able to reach her.

Mina: What do you want with her?

Sae: Because I’m going to fetch Lui.

Mina: What time?

Sae: About 7:00 pm. Just call me if you saw her okay and tell her to go in my house.

Mina: Yes Ma’am. But wait I haven’t told you why I called. Since you’re still gonna fetch Lui at 7:00 is it okay if you’re going to help me buy the things I needed for my three month anniversary surprise date?

Sae: I would like to help you but Mom told me to stay here, you know she’s preparing foods for her favorite son.

Mina: Oh, okay… (Then she shut her phone)

         I really need a help to someone. But to who? Should I ask him? No! But…we’re friends what’s wrong with that? Okay if he did not answer my call after three rings I’ll go by myself.

 

            He dialed his number and in her surprise after the first ring he answered it.

 

Lee: (On the phone) Hello, Mina?

Mina: H-hi… Ah, are you busy?

Lee: Not really. Just rehearsing.

Mina: Okay, never mind.

Lee: Hey, what is it? I insist.

Mina: Is it okay if you’ll help me buy things and prepare for my three month anniversary. (Then she heard him took a sigh)

Lee: Okay no problem…what time?

Mina: About 11am. Is that okay?

Lee: Cool. So I’ll fetch you in your house. See you then.

Mina: Thanks.

 

            She shut her phone again and then she dialed another number.

 

Mina: Hey, Ji Eun, where are you?

Ji Eun: I can’t tell you. But I’m fine.

Mina: By the way how’s the party? Did they like your new look? And the dance?

Ji Eun: Everything is just good and thank you for dressing me up.

      Did you say anything to Sae? Because she kept on calling me.

Mina: No, I didn’t say anything to her but she told me that…

 

            However when she’s about to tell her why the phone of Ji Eun went off.

 

Ji Eun: Aish. Low bat.

Grandma: Ji Eun come here have a breakfast with us.

 

            So she sit with her however since Ryu is not there yet they waited for him to come then after a few minutes of waiting he finally came out from his room. When they saw him he has this smile that’s glowing in his face.

 

Ryu: Good Morning!!

Grandma: Looks like you had a good sleep grandson?

Ryu: Yes. Thank you to you and to you (Ji Eun). So let’s eat now!

Ji Eun: No problem. (Then they happily eat)

      Ah, grandma thank you for allowing me to stay here but after this breakfast is it okay for me to go?

Ryu: Of course. I’ll take you home don’t worry.

Ji Eun: Good.

Grandma: Oh my neck. (She complained)

Ryu: What happened?

Grandma: I don’t know maybe I’m really tired. I’m okay don’t mind me.

Ji Eun: Are you sure? We will call a doctor.

Grandma: No, no. Just some rest and going outside is good.

Ryu: Just rest don’t go anywhere.

Grandma: How can you say that?! (She said as she hit his head) Oh my neck again.

     Don’t you know that one form of relaxation is going in the park or going somewhere?

Ji Eun: Well, we can go with you if you want but you should rest for a while then after about two hours we could go everywhere you want.

Grandma: Is that a promise? You two will go with me? Please, my head really hurts.

Ji Eun: I’m okay with that.

Ryu: Ok. Then you need to go to your room now.

 

            Ryu helped his grandma to her room. When they got there he put her in bed and quickly locked her room.

 

Ryu: Stop acting. What are you up to?

Grandma: What are you trying to say? That I’m just acting this all out.

Ryu: Oh com’on grandma I‘ve known you since I was I child. I know when you’re acting or not.

Grandma: I told you I’m not. Now go I need to rest because after this we are going to have some bonding moments.

Ryu: Okay. But whatever you up to I’m sure I’m going to find that out. (He left)

Grandma:  (Chuckled) I’m going to be their bridge. Kekeke.

 

 

                                                            [3:00 pm]

 

            Mrs. Lin, Ryu and Ji Eun went in an amusement park. Right away Mrs. Lin sat on a bench and asked the two to buy her tickets for the rides and a movie. Both of them were wondering if she could still be able to ride but Mrs. Lin insisted so they bought tickets for the rides and the movie. Then after which she ask them to buy her cotton candies, popcorns, and hotdog sandwiches. Ryu and Ji Eun are being suspicious towards her actions but they don’t have any choice but to follow so they bought all that she wants however when they got back to the bench she’s already gone then Ryu received a call from her.

 

Ryu: (On the phone) Grandma, where are you?

Grandma: (On the phone) oh sorry, I can’t take it anymore so I went home

Ryu: What? What are we going to do to the tickets and all these foods?

Grandma: Use it! Okay, ba-bye! Enjoy! (She shut her phone off)

Ji Eun: Where is she?

Ryu: She went home, I knew it. She’s up to something.

Ji Eun: Maybe she’s really tired and want you to enjoy. Let’s just use these tickets. Actually it’s been a long time since I went here.

Ryu: So… Where do you want to go first? We have a lot of choices.

 

 

[At the Grocery Store]

 

Lee: Are you going to cook all of these?

Mina: Yeah! You think I can’t cook?

Lee:  It’s just that if you’re going to prepare all of these foods you’ll not have enough time to prepare the other things that you’re planning to put up.

Mina: I can do it! (Smiling with enthusiasm) Besides I already asked my mom to help me.

Lee: I have an idea. Why don’t you just leave it to my brother? It’ll be fine, don’t worry. He’s actually practicing for the upcoming competition.

Mina: No. It’s too much. I can do this.

Lee: Don’t be shy. You want a perfect date right? So just say yes.

Mina: (Took a deep sigh) I’ll think about it.

Lee: We don’t have much time. We’re going to buy the other things. So yes or no?

Mina: Do I have another choice? Okay yes.

Lee: Good. Well then after buying all the necessary ingredients we’ll leave it in our house.

 

            So they bought the ingredients for the foods then they went to the triplet’s house. When they got there Jun is at their kitchen practicing. Lee called his attention as he went towards him at the kitchen and left Mina at their living room.

 

Lee: Hey, may I ask a favor? Could you cook for Mina?

Jun: Huh? I’m busy practicing.

Lee: Yes, then let it be part of your practice

Jun: But they are just simple dishes. I need something new.

Lee: Com’on, you have a lot of time after this.

Jun: Then answer my question. Why are you doing this for her?

Lee: Of course we’re friends.

Jun: Yeah I get that. You two were friends even before but you were never like this to her.

Lee: Am I that cruel?

Jun: No. Just insensitive.

Lee: Whatever. So here are all the ingredients. We’ll just go and buy some things okay?

Jun: Kay…

 

            Lee and Mina left to go to the mall to buy the things that she’ll use as designs for the place. Lee didn’t left her and was really happy by just helping and seeing her happy. Since Lee and his brothers came back this is the first time they had this kind of bonding again. It’s already 7:00 pm when they finish buying all the things she needed and since it’s already dinner time Lee brought Mina into a restaurant to eat.

 

 

[Amusement Park]

 

            Finally Ryu and Ji Eun are finish using all the tickets at the amusement park. They are both tired that you wouldn’t even think that they did enjoy riding here and there. They were also the last costumer of the amusement park after it closes. While on their way home Ji Eun saw a noodle house so she asked Ryu if they could eat there.

 

Ji Eun: Please… Consider this as my day off and you are my hero.

Ryu: Ahhh…Then who’s going to pay?

Ji Eun: Of course the hero. Com’on. Okay I’ll pay for my own noodles.

Ryu: Okay deal!

 

            So they stopped and went to the noodle house and both ordered.

 

Ji Eun: Hmmm! Yummy!

Ryu: This is one of the best neh?

Ji Eun: Hey, can I ask you something?

Ryu: Yes.

Ji Eun: Where’s your father?

Ryu: In other country managing our business.

Ji Eun: Is that the reason why you left the school?

Ryu: Yeah, because he wants us to be familiarize of our business there.

Ji Eun: Aaahh…(Nodding). Your grandma looks so cool neh? I wonder how my grandma like is.

Ryu: Why? Where are your grandparents?

Ji Eun: My grandparents on my mother side are not actually approved of the marriage of my parents so I only saw them once in the funeral while on the father side they are both dead.

Ryu: So you really mean that you don’t have any relatives with you?

Ji Eun: Unfortunately yes and if ever I have I don’t know where they are.

Ryu: Oh...poor Ji Eun…(He teases with a pouting mouth)

Ji Eun: Yah! (She said as she hit his forehead)

Ryu: Ouch!

 

 

[Restaurant]

 

Lee: Remember this place? My band and you always eat here.

Mina: Of course I do still remember. Those were one of the best moments of my life. But the Lee now is a bit more different.

Lee: What do you mean? Am I that bad towards you?

Mina: Not so so…But I can say you’re more kind now.

Lee: Maybe I just want to make up on you after what happened and what I did.

 

            There’s a moment of silence in both of them after he said it to her face to face. But then Lee excused his self to break the sudden awkwardness in both of them. Mina continue to eat as she remember the days she’s the biggest fan of the band of Lee. However her thought was suddenly shifted into the couple who enter to the restaurant.

 

            Her eyes widen as she saw the couple walking pass in her table. She stood after seeing them and walk towards them.

 

Mina: What are you doing here with her? And who is she?

 

            She asked to the guy none other than Ren.

 

Ren: Wh-what are you doing here?

Mina: I asked you first. Who is she?! (She practically shouted it)

Ren: Don’t make a scene here.

 

            He grabbed her arm and dragged her outside at the car park.

 

Mina: Who is that girl? (She said with shaky tone)

Ren: Okay I’ll tell you all! For the past three months that we were together it’s all nothing for me! I’m just bored so I used you to ease my boredom but you’re even worst!

Mina: Don’t say that. Did I do something wrong? Tell me.

Ren: Ah! You really don’t understand it do you?! Just I expected. You’re still the same stupid girl who gave a love letter to her friend and was rejected. I don’t like you and I never did! You’re stupid enough to believe all what I’m saying and not notice all the things that I’m doing!

 

            Tears roll down from her eyes and with anger Mina slapped his face. Ren couldn’t believe what she did so he raised his hand and was about to slap her back when Lee caught his hand from his back and Ren was surprise to see him there.

 

Ren: A-Lee? Huh, what are you doing here?

Lee: I’m with the stupid girl that you’re calling.

Ren: Really? Hahahaha (He laughed out). Why are you doing this? Is it because you feel guilty of what you’ve done to her or you already falling in love with her?

Lee: Whatever it is, it’s none of your business. (He said as he grabbed his hand real hard)

 

            Lee can’t take the rage his feeling that moment that’s why with all his strength he gave Ren a punch in the face that make him stumble in the ground.

 

Lee: I warn you to not show your face to her again and it’s also better if you’re going to leave the school.

Ren: Huh! Don’t worry I already dropped out! (He left)

 

            After which Lee quickly ran after Mina who’s walking away with tears on her face. He made her stopped by grabbing her arms.

 

Lee: I’m sorry. This is my entire fault. If I didn’t do that to you maybe you’ll not going to fall in love with that guy.

Mina: You did the right thing. You can’t force your feelings.

Lee: But he’s all wrong. You’re not stupid... Are you listening to me?

Mina: …

Lee: Mina! Listen to me! (He faced her)

          You’re the bravest person I ever knew and if there’s someone who is stupid here that is me. I’m stupid to hurt my friend and left her without even fixing the things between us.

 

            They stare at each other then Mina smiled and quickly hugged him.

 

Mina: Thank you. Yeah you’re right you’re stupid just like that guy (She cries in his arms).

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            It’s already 9:00pm when Ryu dropped Ji Eun in her house.

 

Ji Eun: (smile) Thank you and good night! Tell your grandma I’ll visit her someday okay?

Ryu: Nah, she doesn’t need that.

         But wait. I’ll give you something. (He handed her a pink handkerchief) For the handky that I took and also a thank you gift.

Ji Eun: You don’t have to. Besides that’s your mother’s handkerchief.

Ryu: Yeah you’re right. (He took back the handkerchief but then he intentionally dropped it)

         Oh, look a pink handky! Pick it. Pick it. (So Ji Eun picked it)

Ji Eun: This is yours. (Confuse)

Ryu: Of course not. You picked it so that’s yours. (Smiled)

Ji Eun: (Chuckled) now I know your moves in your girls.

Ryu: Huh, that was just a small technique.

        I have to go now. See you on school. (Then he left)