CHAPTER 18: Trigger

Flavor of Love

 

Ryu: Hey, Jessica. How are you?

Jessica: R-Ryu.

Ryu: Why are you running away huh? I’m glad to see you.

Jessica: I left something in the car.

Ryu: Are you here with your husband?

Jessica: No. he’s busy I went here for a vacation. And you?

Ryu: A vacation too. (Then he notice Jessica looking behind him so he turned around and saw Ji Eun standing there)

         I’m with her.

Jessica: You’re…here…with her?

Ryu: Yeah. By the way, Jessica this is Ji Eun and Ji Eun this is Jessica.

Jessica: Nice to meet you b-but I have to go now.

Ryu: Okay. Bye.

 

            Then Jessica left and went back to her car.

 

Jessica: It’s like he didn’t even care about me. What happened to him? Could it be that girl? He didn’t even remember my birthday because of her.

 

            On the other hand Ji Eun and Ryu went back to their hotel room and after Ryu met Jessica he became quiet again and just went back straight to his room.

 

Ryu: That is Jessica but the feeling is different. What is happening to me could it be because of her? Aish! I’m going crazy now!!!

 

            Like a kid who’s having a tantrum he rolled his self in his bed while hitting his head like crazy, it only stopped him when Ji Eun knocked on the door so he opened the door.

 

Ji Eun: Wanna take a look the pictures? (Showing him her digicam)

Ryu: No.

Ji Eun: Are you okay? Is this about her?

Ryu: No! It’s not about her it’s about…about…I told you not to look at me. (Then he shuts his door.)

Ji Eun: Aish. He’s getting weirder and weirder.

 

            So Ji Eun went out of the room and goes around the hotel to look for some good place to stay in until she saw the terrace of the hotel and stayed there for a while. In that view you can see the mountain they hiked and it brings back memories to her as if it’s been a long time since they’ve been there. She smiled to herself as she remember their experiences there especially the Patapon song however she got interrupted when someone called her. It’s Jessica and she’s with her two other friends and they are all wearing glamorous dresses.

 

Jessica: Ji Eun right?

Ji Eun: Yup, hi, Jessica.

Jessica: Where’s Ryu?

Ji Eun: He’s in the room.

Jessica: You mean both of you stayed in the same room?

Ji Eun: We’re not actually sharing the same room but…

Jessica: But what?

Ji Eun: It’s kind of complicated.

Friend2: She’s staying with your ex-boyfriend?

Friend1: Your ex-boyfriend that you’re telling us?

Jessica: No. You heard her they’re not in the same room. (She answered defensively because of her pride)

Friend1: But it looks like she’s lying.

Jessica: Are you?

Ji Eun: No. No. (She shook her head)

Jessica: Okay, whatever.

Ji Eun: Ah, w-wait. Can I have a picture with you?

 

            Before she answered Ji Eun she first looked at her from head to toe like she did something wrong. Then she agreed, its Jessica’s friend who took the picture and after taking it they invited Ji Eun to go with them. Happy to have new friends especially to Jessica she gladly goes with them; when they arrived to the event hall Ji Eun stopped before entering in because everyone is wearing formal attire.

 

Ji Eun: Ah, J-Jessica. What event is this?

Jessica: Just random event. Why? You haven’t been to event like this? You’ve been to Ryu’s uncle birthday, right?

Ji Eun: Yeah. I think I’m not invited in this event and all of you are wearing dresses.

Jessica: Don’t worry. Just stay by my side.

Ji Eun: I…I can’t…

           

            But Jessica and her friends led her inside the glamorous hall where all people wear different glamorous dresses. However as soon as they get there all of them quickly moved away from her and talked to the people there while Ji Eun stayed behind Jessica. The people glances at Ji Eun every now and then because of what she’s wearing. One of the guests there asked Jessica who she is and she answered him that she’s her ex-boyfriend’s friend, Jessica made a smile to a very shy Ji Eun then all of a sudden the waiter that’s passing by tripped and all of the glass of wine that is on the tray was poured onto Ji Eun. She looked at Jessica who is smirking then she looked to the people around her with an innocent helpless face but they were all just staring at her and she even heard some of them chuckles, but no one dare to help her until someone put a coat in her and grab her wrist and lead her outside the hall. All of the people there was quiet while watching them leave and Jessica clench her hands as she watch Ryu saving Ji Eun from embarrassment.

 

            When they got outside the hall in the terrace where there are no people Ryu let go of her wrist.

 

Ryu: What are you trying to prove there?!

Ji Eun: Nothing. I didn’t intend to go there.

Ryu: Then why are you there? You’re not even invited. Did you even know that it’s Jessica’s birthday?!

Ji Eun: I…don’t know.

Ryu: Don’t you have any pride in yourself?! You went there just to get attention?!

Ji Eun: Are you angry because of them or are you angry because I ruined her party?

Ryu: What?

Ji Eun: I went there because Jessica invited me and how could you say that I wanted attention?! (Her eyes started to fill with tears but she quickly wiped it away) You went there because of Jessica you shouldn’t have saved me from embarrassment; I can take care of myself anyway!

 

            Ji Eun turned around but Ryu caught her arm.

 

Ryu: Yes, I went there to see Jessica, to know if I still have feelings for her but when I saw her I didn’t feel anything! Then…I…saw you…and…and…you’re just standing there and not doing anything while the people around you make fun of you! Is this how you live? No wonder why people always look down on you…

 

            Then he released her arm and walked away to cool off for a while. But when he went back in their hotel room Ji Eun and all of her things are gone and she only left a note together with his favorite drink in the table saying: “I leave first”.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Triplet’s House~

 

 

Lee: Do you know what time will be Ryu home?

Jun: (Shook his head while preparing a food) he didn’t reply any of my texts. Is it really necessary to test drive a motor for two days?

Lee: I don’t know anything about motorcycles, don’t ask me.

 

            Their doorbell rang so Lee opened their door and it was his old friend the pianist of their band.

 

Lee: What are you doing here?

Pianist: (Sigh) I…came here to apologize. Your friend was right about me, it’s easy for me to blame it all in one person. That’s why I’m really sorry. Rino told me the day before he died…that…he is really happy to have us especially to have a family like you and your brothers. If only I knew that…that was the last day I will ever saw him…I should have done something.

Lee: In any chance do you know what really happened to him, why he did that?

Pianist: (Shook his head) No one knows, some people say he left a suicide note but no. Maybe he just wanted us to remember him as he is a cheerful person.

Lee: Yeah you’re right.

Pianist: I’m sorry again, and if you need anything just call me. I still have the same number.

 

            The pianist gave Lee a hug then he says his goodbye.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Meanwhile, Ji Eun took the bus going back home while on the way she can't think of anything but what happened to the hall and all about what Ryu told her. Then she received a call from grandma asking how her vacation is.

 

Grandma: Ji Eun, how’s your vacation? Did you enjoy it?

Ji Eun: Ah, yes I went to different places. (She said bluntly)

Grandma: I’m so happy that you enjoyed it. Where are you now?

Ji Eun: I’m going back.

Grandma: Ah really? Are you…by yourself?

Ji Eun: Yeah. Why?

Grandma: Nothing! You know it’s dangerous these days. Just be careful.

Ji Eun: Yes grandma. Thank you again.

Grandma: No problem. Goodbye… (She hangs up)

 

            After some time finally Ji Eun is back home and while calling for a taxi a car parked in front of her and she’s certain who is it from. Lui stepped out from his car with a smile as he is very happy to see her back.

 

Ji Eun: You’re really hardheaded neh? I knew there’s a possibility you’re still going here.

Lui: Really? Well get in now. Let’s eat!

 

            So Ji Eun gets in and they went to their favorite noodle restaurant and ordered Ramen and some barbeques.

           

Lui: Hmm…smells delicious.

        So how’s it? (He asked while taking a bite of the barbeque)

Ji Eun: Good. (She muttered)

Lui: You didn’t look like you enjoyed it.

Ji Eun: Maybe because I’m just really tired.

Lui: Okay...Well, you look really tired.

Ji Eun: May…I ask you something? (Lui nod)

          Do I have…a weak personality?

 

            Lui stopped from eating as well as Ji Eun and he examined her face if she has a problem that she’s not telling but he find hard to read her this time. So he just answered her honestly and in his most careful way so it will not hurt her.

 

Lui: Ahm, honestly…yes but it’s more like you’re more mature, you think less of yourself and it’s like you don’t want to make a scene or something. Remember in our second year? When a girl spread a rumor that you’re working in a club? You…you didn’t do anything to clean your name, you just stayed quiet.

Ji Eun: Yes…I do remember that. It’s just that I don’t like fights especially to argue with someone I don’t know.

Lui: But sometimes you have to…stand up and defend yourself so that they will know that they can’t just mess up with you.

        Why are you asking this anyway? Did something happen?

 

            But before she even answered it one of the waiters in the restaurant came to their table.

 

Waiter: Hello Ma’am, Sir. Sorry for interrupting but may I ask if the two of you are couple?

Ji Eun: Ah, N…

Lui: Yes we are! (Holding the hand of Ji Eun who is confuse of what he said)

Waiter: Well congratulations because we have a promo today that for every couple customers we will give one extra big bowl of Ramen! (Then he left and served them a one big bowl of Ramen)

         Please enjoy! (He smiled to them and then he left)

Lui: As if this is the first time they thought we’re a couple.

Ji Eun: (Chuckles) you’re really hungry neh, for you to do that? Can you finish that all up?

Lui: Of course not that’s why you have to help me.

        Ji Eun…what if…what if we are real couple?

Ji Eun: Well, who will be much lucky?  Me or you?

Lui: You know the answer for that… (He looked to her straight in her eyes and put his hand above her hand) …it’s you! Haha!

Ji Eun: Aish. I thought you’re going to say me.

Lui: Yeah that’s why it’s you. Having a boyfriend like me you’ll be the luckiest girl alive.

      Well, you know you should help me finish this first.

 

            Without knowing it Lui was able to help Ji Eun again with her problem and she was able to forget about what happened to her even just for a while. 

 

-----------------------------------------------

Thank you all to my subscribers! Please subscribe and comment! <3 God Bless!!!