CHAPTER 36: Third Flavor

Flavor of Love

 

 

~In School~

 

            The next day in school Lui thought Ji Eun will not be present however even if she chose to be there she was like physically present but mentally absent. She smile and talk less, always staring blankly and her whole presence is all gloomy. When they asked her she will not reply right away and when ask if she’s okay she will be pretending to smile and as usual will lie about the truth. That’s why after their class Sae asked Lui if he knows something as they watch her walk away. But even if Lui really wanted to share it with them he also remembered that he promised to her that he will not say anything about what happened.

 

Lui: She’s going through something right now, but I can’t tell you.

Ryu: She shared you that?

Lui: No, It’s just by accident.

 

            After hearing that Ryu did not think twice and he followed Ji Eun then the next thing he did took their friends and students attention. Ryu took her hand, spun her then he catches her and hugged her with his arms. Her bike fell in the ground as he took her to his arms.

Ryu: Ji Eun, even if you don’t talk about it we can feel what you’re going through right now.

Ji Eun: …

Ryu: Be strong and remember I…I love you. Just hold on to that.

Ji Eun: Ryu… (She said in a soft voice)

 

            Ji Eun felt comfort with his warm and sincere words to her that tears run down from her eyes.

 

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

~Yoon’s Graves~

 

            After school Ji Eun decided to go to her parent’s grave to tell them her problems and ask for help of what she could do about her feelings. Before she even got to say a word tears started to fall down from her eyes.

 

Ji Eun: Dad, what did we do for them to hate us like this? 

            Mom, all you did is to be a good mother and wife…Is that wrong?

            I don’t know what to do now; I…feel…I feel so alone…Even my own family hates me…

            Mom, Dad…how could this happen to me? Just when I thought I could believe in love and now this…this wound…opened again. I can’t even look into his eyes…and feel love again…I really don’t know what to do…

            Mom, Dad help me…why didn’t you take me with you when you left?! Why do you…have to leave me here?

 

            She sobbed as she tells to her parents what she’s feeling. Because the wounds that she thought are already healed a long time ago opened again and now she doesn’t know how to face her feelings with Ryu. She’s now like her old self after her parents death; no life and all was just pretention. It’s like starting to moving on again.

            She felt all tired when she got back to her house but then she notice a paper bag in front of her door and when she opened it there’s a prepared dinner for her but there’s also a photo album inside it. Ji Eun went inside her house before she opened the photo album and then she sat on her couch. Inside the photo album in its first page it was written “Ji Eun’s Family”, she flipped over to the next pages and there she saw pictures of her friends together with her, including her classmates during her lower years in school and also her friends at work. It put a smile in her face and realized that even if she doesn’t have a family by blood she has a wonderful family called friends. Ji Eun thought it was from Lui but then in the last two pages of the album it was all pictures of her and Ryu together.

 

            Ji Eun quickly closed the photo album as she saw her pictures with him and tears formed in her eyes again but she quickly wiped it out.

 

 


~The Next Day~

 

            Ryu woke up early but not for school but to prepare for the third thing that he’s going to show to Ji Eun. What he thinks is something simple but a meaningful one that’s why he’s more nervous than excited this time especially that he really wanted to cheer Ji Eun up.

 

            He waited outside the school gate for Ji Eun and when he finally saw her he called her attention right away.

 

Ryu: Ji Eun-ssi! (He greeted happily)

Ji Eun: Ryu…

Ryu: I’m going to show you the final flavor, so be ready… (He whispered)

Ji Eun: I…I can’t go.

Ryu: It will help you forget your problems, so you really have to be there.

         Come on now, we can’t be late to that event.

 

            Ryu took her bike and put it on the back of the car that he borrowed from Lee. He waited for Ji Eun to ride in then he drove off. It didn’t take them that long to reach the place, it’s in a church and even if you’re in outside you can still hear the wedding song that is playing. Rain started to fall down so they quickly went inside and sat at the back.

Ryu: Woah, just in time…

 

            The wedding is not as glamorous as we seen in movies but it’s just a simple wedding of two couples who are already celebrating their golden anniversary.

Ryu: Look at them they’re already on their golden wedding but look into their eyes. It’s full of love. Ji Eun, I want to show to you that love does exist even for two strangers, look how happy they are. Sweet isn’t it?

 

            Ryu hold the hands of Ji Eun the whole time they watch the golden wedding. However when the exchange of vows started Ji Eun slowly slip out her hands and walked away. So Ryu followed her outside the church and called her so she faced him.

 

Ryu: Ji Eun!

Ji Eun: I have to go now…

Ryu: Why? It’s not yet finish.

Ji Eun: I can’t watch them anymore.

 

            She started to walk again but then Ryu talked again so she stopped.

 

Ryu: Tell me! Do you really not believe in love or you’re just afraid?!   

Ji Eun: …

Ryu: Just listen to your heart…and not in your mind…

 

            He took her hand and spun her to make her face him again.

 

Ji Eun: I don’t want to listen to it…because…I don’t believe…in it.   

 

            She looked away trying to hold back her tears. However even them can’t control their emotions that’s why along with the rain tears fall down from their eyes.

 

Ryu: You know what? You’re just too coward…too coward to admit that…that you’re starting to believe in it…That love does happen! 

Ji Eun: …You…will not understand me…

Ryu: How will I understand you if you don’t want me to?

Ji Eun: You really wanna know?  

----------------

Thank you for reading! Sorry for a short chapter...Please subscribe and comment! God Bless!