CHAPTER 12: Win or Lose?

Flavor of Love

 

 

At the hospital

 

Ji Eun: Lui, can I ask you a favor?

Lui: Okay anything.

Ji Eun: Take a rest. Go home.

       Don’t worry about me anymore. I’m fine, you heard the doctor I can go home tomorrow. I want you to rest.

Lui: Are you sure? I’m fine sleeping here.

Ji Eun: Stop lying, you were awake last night and just staring at the ceiling.
Lui: You were watching me? (Smile)

Ji Eun: Yeah, I was checking if you are okay and I saw you watching the ceiling.

Lui: Okay, I’ll go home but you will call me if you need something okay?

Ji Eun: (Nod) I’ll be fine. By the way thank you again.

Lui: Will you stop thanking me. I’m doing this because I want it.

Ji Eun: I know, but this is the only thing that I can give to you so…

Lui: You don’t have to.

            I’ll go now…I feel so sleepy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Ryu enters in abandoned building where it’s dark and old. When he walk in two men block his way and ask him of what he want.

 

Ryu: I went here for Torou. My name is Ryu.

 

            Then one of the two men called Torou to tell him his visitor. So Torou with his men came out and walked towards Ryu. Torou has a long silky hair that is tied up in a pony tail. His skin is tanned and also has a buff body build. As soon as Ryu saw his brother Rem standing behind Torou he run over him and gave him a blow in his face. Everyone was surprised that’s why they didn’t have the time to stop Ryu. That’s why after giving Rem a punch two men held Ryu’s arms.

 

Torou: Ryu! Why did you do that?!

Ryu: Ask your brother what he did! Or should I ask you instead why did you do that?!

Torou: I don’t understand. What do you mean?

Ryu: Oh, com’on! Your brother and two of your men did this to me and you know what? They also hurt my friend who’s in the hospital right now!

Torou: I didn’t know.

            (Turn to his brother) Is this true?

Rem: …Yeah…But he deserve it! He left before your rematch!

Torou: But that’s none of your business. We already have an agreement.

Rem: I don’t care about that agreement, and I didn’t only do that for you but also for myself. Because since he left you already forgot your brother and all you want is to fight him and why don’t you tell him about your arms?! He did that to you!

Torou: Shut up! You shouldn’t have done that!

Ryu: Oh please stop this brotherly drama!

            The reason why I came here is to end what I started. We need to fight now.

Torou: Right now? How about your motor?

Ryu: She can fight now.

Torou: You still remember our deal right?
Ryu: If I win I will have my freedom.

Torou: And if not, you will join us.

 

            And so it’s been decided. They all went out and go to the place where they will have their fight. It’s a road in a mountain where it’s really famous for the drag racers. The people gathered at the starting line while the two prepared their selves.

 

Torou: I’m still giving you a chance to back out if you want.

Ryu: I told you, I want to end it now.

Torou: Okay. Good luck. (He said as they put their helmet)

 

            They started their engine and in 3-2-1!!! Both of the motorcycles hit the road. Ryu is ahead of Torou but he knows that Torou is still warming up. Ryu doesn’t want to play like before that’s why he hit the gas real hard so he will keep the distance between them.

 

Torou: Huh, you really want to win…But I won’t let you.

 

            After two curves Torou decided to take him over so he pressed something in his motor that made him two times fast from his actual speed that he is using making him closer to Ryu and after a while he’s already at the side of Ryu.

 

Ryu: He’s using it again. I almost defeated you before and I will finish it now… (He said in his mind)

 

            There’s another curve coming up again and Ryu uses it to over take him. Though it’s suicidal Ryu move even more closely to Torou to have enough space then he used the curve to follow its shape for him to be easily take the turn and limiting the space of Torou.

 

Torou: That move again…Tsk. But it won’t happen again.

 

            Torou is not too far from Ryu like before and again he was able to catch up. They took another turn however Ryu wasn’t able to do his technique again because he already heard something from his motor when he did it a while ago. From their location they can already see the finish line and the people who are shouting for their bets.

 

Ryu: Com’on please. For Ji Eun let me win for the last time.

 

            They finally reach the finish line and only one of them won the game!

 

Torou: Finally it’s done.

            Only one of them won and the other one loses and that person is Ryu. He took off his helmet and sweat is all over his body and face. He still can’t believe how he loses but he knows he did everything to win but his motorcycle is still not used of the new motor.

 

Torou: So…You know what to do now.

Ryu: … (He turned away and was about to go when Torou called him again)

Torou: Hey Ryu you will not congratulate me?

Ryu: You’re just lucky.

Torou: You’re still cocky neh?

            By the way I’m sorry about your friend and for that I’ll give you your freedom.

Ryu: (He looked at him) Wh-what? I’ll have my freedom?

Torou: (Nod) I think it’s my responsibility to take care of my brother.

Ryu: Thank you. You’re really a good person.

Torou: So am I still lucky?

Ryu: Huh, of course, I will not lie. (Smile)  

          And about what your brother said, your arms.

Torou: They are good now, besides I won because of luck. (Laugh)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            It’s almost 11:00 pm when Ryu went back home. His brothers are waiting for him and when he finally opened the door they both ask how as he then they congratulate him.

 

Jun: Grandma called us after you called her.

Lee: Now you have your freedom, don’t do such things like that again, okay?

Ryu: Trust me, I will not. But for now, I’ll rest.

Jun: You will not visit her?

Ryu: …

Lee: She was asking about you, she thinks you’re angry with her.

Ryu: I’ll go tomorrow.

Jun: She will go home tomorrow.

Ryu: Haha! That’s good. I don’t have to visit her.

Lee: You should go now and visit her, at least show to her that you care.

Ryu: I don’t know. (Then he went to his room and locked his door and lied down in his bed.)

         Should I go or not? What kind of a question is that? I should go. But what will I say to her?  Aish! This is even harder than the race.

 

            While talking to his self he didn’t notice that Mimi was there and so the cat jumped in his stomach which is bigger than before he first saw her.

 

Ryu: Mimi, ouch! Woah, I just notice that you’re much bigger now. (He patted her head)

          Do you miss her? Maybe you do. But I don’t know what to say to her.

          Wait…Maybe you can help me, I’ll bring you with me.

 

            He went outside and saw that the lights are already turned off knowing that his brothers are already on their rooms. He quietly opened the door and quickly sneaked out of their house.

Jun: I think I know where he’s going.

Lee: Tsk, that guy why did he bring Mimi?

 

            They said as they peek behind their sofa.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            While walking Ryu is still talking to Mimi who is in a bag and he’s also practicing what he’s going to tell to Ji Eun. When he finally reaches the hospital, he can’t help himself but to get nervous and at the same time scared of what would be her reaction is. After knowing her room number he quickly went on rest room to practice again.

 

Ryu: Hi, Mimi misses you so I went here and bring her with me…Wait, what if she’s already sleeping? It’s almost 12. Then I should just visit her tomorrow. No! Ryu, you should visit her now! Okay? (Deep sigh) I can do this!

         Mimi, just keep quiet okay? We can do this!

 

            So he went to her room. He first knocked but you can barely hear it so he just decided to come in. The lights are already off and he saw her already in bed and asleep.

 

Ryu: (Whispering) Looks like she’s already asleep…(He went closer to her and whisper) Ji Eun, be strong I know it’s my fault why you’re here, don’t worry they will never bother you again. Thank you for understanding me. Good night.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Excited to go out from the hospital Ji Eun woke up early and then she took a bath and change her clothes. She also packed her things and fixed her bed. When she checked her cell phone she got so many texts from her friends and some are from her admirers congratulating her and cheering her up. Though she still walks slowly she went out to take some walk. However while walking she saw a familiar back of a man talking to the nurse at the nurse station, but she wasn’t able to see his face because he quickly went out but then Ji Eun talked to the nurse and asked her his name but the nurse told her that he wanted it to be confidential so she just described it and as soon as knowing the description and what he did for her she walked out to look for him as fast as she can. He saw the man that was about to ride in the bus but she called him in his name and that made him stop.

 

            He looked back and it was really him. There was a moment of silence from both of them and he just waited Ji Eun to reach from his place.

 

Ji Eun: You. Hero?

Ryu: What do you want? You should be at the hospital.

Ji Eun: It’s you right? You’re that man who’s at the hospital a while ago.

Ryu: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Ji Eun: Then who is it? The nurse described the man who has a seductive smile and very handsome.

Ryu: Really? She said that? I should take her number.

Ji Eun: Stop joking around, you…you don’t have to pay for my bills.

Ryu: Why would I do that?

Ji Eun: Then what are you doing here?

Ryu: Aaah, e-exercising! Maybe it’s Lui.

Ji Eun: Exercising with those clothes and with no sweat? He texted me and told me that he will be here later.

Ryu: You know what you’re hallucinating. You must go back to your room and rest. Look at yourself you’re sweaty running after me.

Ji Eun: …

 

            Since he was left by the bus Ryu just called for a taxi and while waiting Ji Eun is still standing there.

 

Ryu: You know you’re freaking me out. You should go now.

Ji Eun: (Bowed down) Thank you. I know you just don’t wanna admit it but thank you and also sorry for disappointing you at the competition.

 

            She turned around and slowly walked back from the hospital while Ryu watches her he then had a flash back on how she really tried her best to win the competition. So he quickly run after her and handed over her his favorite drink.

 

Ryu: For strong bones. You need it.

Ji Eun: (She took it) you bought this for me?

Ryu: Of course not. I always bring my favorite milk with me. (He lied) Drink it.

 

            So she drinks it and after finishing it Ryu offered his back.

 

Ryu: Com’on, I’ll take you back to the hospital.

Ji Eun: What? I can walk.

Ryu: You walk slowly; ride in before I change my mind.

 

            So Ji Eun rides in his back and even though the people in the hospital already looked at them Ryu didn’t feel ashamed from it.

 

Ji Eun: So why did you pay for my bills?

Ryu: Like I told you I didn’t pay any bills.

Ji Eun: Where did you get your money?

Ryu: From my savings.

Ji Eun: See?

Ryu: Okay you win, so just please stop asking.

          By the way don’t tell this to anyone.

Ji Eun: Which one? Riding on your back or paying for my bills?

Ryu: Both.

          Finally we’re here.

Ji Eun: Okay you can now put me down.

Ryu: Wait…I need to tell you something…I…I’m sorry. It’s my fault why you are here.

Ji Eun: It’s okay. You didn’t mean it.

Ryu: Don’t tell this to anyone okay?

Ji Eun: Yes Mr. Hero…

 

            When the door finally opens all of Ji Eun’s friends and Ryu’s brothers are there bringing balloons, foods and a banner for Ji Eun.