CHAPTER 35: Bitter Day

Flavor of Love

 


~After a few days~

~In a car~

 

Ji Eun: Where are we going?

Ryu: To your parents, I’m sure you miss them.

Ji Eun: Yeh, I do…

 

            Ryu hold the hand of Ji Eun and she didn’t resist at all.

 

Ji Eun: I…I love you. (She said smiling at him)

Ryu: I love you too.

 

            He said glancing at her however when he looked back, it was already too late! They hit the truck that was passing by on the opposite direction and broken glasses are everywhere with people screaming as they witnessed what happened! Ji Eun was conscious and only got scratches in her arm and got a wound on her forehead however when she looked at Ryu he’s covered with blood and unconscious. She tried to wake him up anxiously but he’s not moving.

Ji Eun: Wake up! Hero! Hero! Ryu-ah! Ryu-ah! D-don’t do this….Ryu…Ryu…

 

            Tears fall down from her eyes as she tried to wake him up but he’s still the same. Rescuers started to come and they saved her first she tried to escape from them and wanted to stay with Ryu but they injected her some sleeping medicine, and the last thing she saw is that they are covering Ryu’s body with white cloth.

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************

 

            With all her might she opens her eyes; when she finally did Ji Eun quickly look around. She found herself in her room and with no wounds in any part of her body then she realizes it’s just a dream but it’s not just a dream but a nightmare.

 

Ji Eun: How…how could I dream like that? T-that accident…No…No…                                      

 

            She said still terrified, she shook her head trying to erase it all but that dream is too clear to forget that’s when she remembers that dream is actually what happened during her accident with her parents the only thing that changes is instead of her parents it’s Ryu.

 

            It’s 2 am in the morning and she can’t get back to sleep. Ji Eun stood up pacing back and forth thinking what would that dream means then she sat on the couch of her living still thinking the same thing until she fell asleep there. Ji Eun woke up and the sun is already high and so she decided to give Ryu a call. However he’s not answering it and even after a couple of calls Ryu still not answering it, worriedly she made up her mind to go to him.

 

            Agitated, she knocked and rings the door bell but no one is answering so she called his brothers and Jun answered her call.

 

Ji Eun: Hello, Sorry to bother but I’m outside your door.

Jun: You mean now? But we’re not in our house right now.

Ji Eun: Huh?

 

            Ji Eun started to think things that maybe they are in the hospital because Ryu got into an accident.

 

Ji Eun: Th-then where are you?

Jun: With our father. We’re in Japan right now.

Ji Eun: Why? Did something happen? Can I talk to Ryu? I’ve been trying to call him but he’s not answering.

Jun: Hm…He forgot and left his phone.

         Okay…I’ll give it to him…

 

            When she heard that she let out her breath that she’s holding from the moment she found out that they’re in Japan. And she was even more relieved when she finally heard his voice.

 

Ryu: Miss me now? It’s only for two days.

Ji Eun: Yah, why didn’t you tell me?

Ryu: Didn’t I texted you last night?

 

            Then Ji Eun remembered that she did received a text from him last night but she’s already sleepy that’s why when she read it she didn’t gave much attention to the message.

 

Ji Eun: Then why did you all go there suddenly?

Ryu: Our dad called and wanted to see us and spend time with us. You’re really missing me now neh?

Ji Eun: Of course…not! I’m j-just wondering if I…I can borrow a laptop.

Ryu: Really? (Chuckles)

         Because you sound worried a while ago talking to Jun.

Ji Eun: That’s nothing! Okay, I have to go now…By the way b-be…careful especially when driving…K-keep your eyes on the road…

Ryu: I’m not the one who’s driving.

Ji Eun: Then tell that to the driver.

 

            She quickly hangs up her phone after saying that. She felt more relief now and so she went back to her home. On her way back she took a bus and while on the road when she looked outside the window she saw an old couple walking on the street. Ji Eun looked closely unto them and in her surprise they are someone she knew. She immediately get out of the bus and ran after them.

 

Ji Eun: Grandma! Grandpa!

 

            She called but they are not looking back so she just approached them. Both of them looked surprise to see each other but Ji Eun is more excited than surprise.

 

Ji Eun: It’s…really you…I’ve been waiting for this moment…

Grandma: Ji Eun?

Ji Eun: Yes, it’s me…Your granddaughter. Do you receive my letters every Christmas and your birthdays?

 

            They did not answer and her grandfather just ignored her and started to walk but that did not stop Ji Eun.

 

Ji Eun: Grandpa, please let’s just talk…Please.

 

            That’s when grandfather stopped and gave her a glare.

 

Grandpa: I burned all your letters! Now get out! (He said really mad)

 

            After hearing that from her real grandfather tears formed in her eyes and she thought nothing changes on how they looked and treated her.

 

Ji Eun: Grandpa, no one likes what happened. So…please let’s just forget about it…

Grandpa: You’re just like your idiot father! I don’t have a granddaughter like you! Get out before…before…

 

            He wasn’t able to finish his speech as he clenches his hands in his chest. He can’t even move and suddenly he loses his consciousness. Panicky grandma tried to wake him up while Ji Eun anxiously called a taxi but no one is coming however accidentally Lui was passing by and saw her calling for a taxi so he stopped his car in front of her and helped them go to the hospital.

 


 

            At the hospital they waited for the doctor to come out while Lui decided to stay in his car and wait since he’s not part of that family. After a while the doctor came out from the ICU.

 

Grandma: How is he?

Doctor: His condition is stable now but he still under observation since he got a mild heart attack.

Grandma: So is he going to be okay?

Doctor: Yes, so don’t worry now. (He excuse his self and left)

Grandma: Oh, God thank you… (She said in relief)

Ji Eun: Grandma, sorry. 

Grandma: It’s not your fault; it’s just that he still can’t accept your father and especially of what happened…

Ji Eun: I… I know…

 

            While having the conversation a tall and elegant aunt came in and called grandmother her mom. She’s the eldest sister of her mother and also the closest to her.

 

Aunt: Mom, what happened?

Grandma: The doctor said he’s going to be okay. It’s a mild heart attack. So don’t worry.

Aunt: Okay…But how did that happened?

Grandma: It’s…it’s…

Ji Eun: I’m sorry it’s my fault…  

 

            Her aunt looked into her direction and wasn’t able to recognize her right away.

 

Aunt: And…who are…you?

Ji Eun: I’m…your niece, its Ji Eun.

Aunt: Wait…you’re Ji Eun?

 

            After she realizes that it’s really Ji Eun her aunt gets even mad and suddenly gave her a slap!

 

Aunt: So this is your fault?! Your father already killed my sister and now you want to kill my father?!

Ji Eun: I…I didn’t mean it. And…I also lost a father and a mother. It was an accident…

 

            She said as her hands started to get cold and her eyes become watery again but she holds back and looked away.

Aunt: My sister’s life is perfect way before you were born and way before your father came into her life. You and your father ruined her life!

           Remember this until your last breath that you will never ever be part of our family!! Now get out!

               

            She said as she madly pushes away Ji Eun so Ji Eun had no choice but to painfully stay away from the only family that she has but would never be part of it. She wiped away her tears as she ran out of the hospital but before she got too far her grandmother called her.

 

Grandmother: I’m really sorry of what my daughter said.

Ji Eun: It’s okay…

 

            Her grandmother touched her cheek then she handed her money which Ji Eun never expected.

Grandma: I know you need this so take it.

                 But, I also want to ask a favor…that if you ever see us again just pretend that you didn’t…for the sake of your grandfather.

 

            Ji Eun stared on the money and with cold hands she accepted it however it didn’t took long with her as she took the hands of her grandma and put it back where it belongs.

 

Ji Eun: I…I really appreciate your concern but…

 

            She paused for a while to hold back her tears and looked away.

 

Ji Eun: But I can’t accept it because…what I need is a family who will accept and love me…I’m sorry.

 

            After saying it she quickly ran away as fast as she can wanting to forget all what happened today like it’s another nightmare to her however this time she will never wake up since this is the reality of her life, her bitter life. Her mind is telling her to run more but her body gave up and she stumbled on the ground. She didn’t even move from where she stumbled and just sat there still can’t believe how painful her life is.

            Lui heard the conversation of Ji Eun and her grandmother outside the hospital and when he saw Ji Eun ran away he followed her then he saw her sitting on the ground and just staring blankly. He helped her up and then with his handkerchief he covered her wounded knee.

  

Lui: Come on I’ll take you home…

Ji Eun: (Made a smile) Thank you but…I’ll just take a bus…I’m okay so don’t worry.

            She started to walk away limping while Lui just watch her but then he called her.

 

Lui: Ji Eun! Ji Eun-ssi!

 

            Then he walked towards her and faced her so it made her stop.

 

Lui: It’s not okay. You’re physically weak and emotionally strong but to be treated like that is not okay.

Ji Eun: … Y-you heard…

Lui: Ji Eun, Laugh when you’re happy and cry when you’re hurt. You were hurt and there’s nothing wrong in letting out of your emotions.

       Like I said I will always be behind you and help you up when you fall down so you can use my back and cry.

            He turned his back for her and after a while he felt Ji Eun’s head rested on his back then she started to let it out, she cried painfully to his back letting all out the sorrows that she’s feeling.

Ji Eun: Am…I a bad person? Why am I suffering like this?

 

            She said while sobbing and that also made Lui’s tears fall down as he see her hurt like this.

 

Lui: Ji Eun-ah, you did…nothing wrong. What they did to you is the biggest mistake of their lives… 

--------

Wohoo! 15 Subscribers! Thank you and God Bless! Please leave a comment and subscribe! :)