CHAPTER 28: Circumstances

Flavor of Love

 

            Ji Eun is on her way to Lui with a folded banner in her hand which she made days ago for him. But this time she is hesitant to go, wondering what she will say to him knowing that this is the very first time Lui got so angry to her. She stopped for a while, took a deep breath and closed her eyes trying to brush away her hesitation but when she closed her eyes she remembered what Lui said to her. Ji Eun quickly opened her eyes and shook her head then she started to walk again and though she’s still hesitant to go she made up her mind that she needs to fix her problems with Lui.

 

            When she got to the place the competition is already starting so she went to a vacant seat near to the players and looked for Lui but she can’t find him anywhere. Ji Eun stood up and looked everywhere but he’s still nowhere to be found. When suddenly someone took her hand and lead her in one of the rooms there. She wasn’t surprise who is it but it made her tense when they finally got to the room, alone. But what surprises her is when Lui suddenly hugged her tight.

Ji Eun: L-Lui…

Lui: Ji Eun, let me do this…I just need to say these things without looking at you. 

        Remember when I promised to your parents that I’ll take care of you, protect you from harm and always stay by your side? I’m…really doing my best to do those things but…

 

            He paused for a while to control his tears but he wasn’t able to do that as his tears flows down from his eyes.

 

Lui: But in the end I was the one who hurt you…I become overprotective and so stupid. But don’t worry I will…not stay by your side anymore…but instead I’ll stay behind you and if ever you get hurt or fall down I’ll just be there to help you and cheer you up. Ji Eun, I’m really sorry for what I said. Please forgive me.

 

            Then Lui let go of her as he wiped his tears and then he was about to walk away when Ji Eun who has teary eyes called him.

 

Ji Eun: Yah! You know I’m really angry to you. But I also know that you only care for me and...I understand you. So don’t worry you’re already forgiven. If ever… you’re going to stay behind me will you still be my best friend?  

Lui: Of course.  

        Even if it’s so hard I’m letting you go now Ji Eun. I love you more than you’ll ever know. 

 


 

            It’s been a long night to Ryu and as he walked back to his home he can feel the pain in every muscle of his body especially to his legs and feet. It’s already a week now since he took up dance lessons. That’s why after school he always goes to his teacher and practice. Even if it’s really tiresome and he’s not really into dancing but he always put into his mind that he’s not doing it for his own self but for the woman he loves so by that he gets strength and encouragement. When he got home he threw his self in his bed tiredly then he took out his phone and called Ji Eun to check how is she doing, but she’s not picking it up so he just hang up and took a rest.

 

~Next Day~

 

            Ryu woke up early to fetch Ji Eun again even though she already told him not to.

 

Ji Eun: Aish, what are you doing here?

Ryu: Fetching you. Yesterday you already ditched me so here I am.

Ji Eun: Whatever you say I will not ride in your motor.

 

            Ji Eun started to walk but Ryu followed her by her side while singing a song from SNSD entitled Gee a bit loud. The people started to stare at them but Ryu just ignored them while Ji Eun kept her head down.

 

Ji Eun: Ryu, stop singing!

Ryu: Gee! Gee! Gee! Gee! Baby, baby!

 

            So he continues to sing until Ji Eun took the bus but that didn’t stop him as he followed the bus until to its bus stop near to their school. From the bus stop he walked beside Ji Eun still singing Gee.

 

Ji Eun: What is your problem?! (He asked a bit irritated)

Ryu: Why? Is this a crime now? Walking beside you while singing?

Ji Eun: Then walk a bit farther from me.

Ryu: I don’t like.

 

            Ji Eun gave him a look as she moved farther from him but he also goes by her side until they reach the school they kept on doing that.

 

Ji Eun: Okay, you win! What do you want? (Annoyed)

Ryu: (Smiling) after school, meet me at the parking lot.

Ji Eun: That’s all?

Ryu: Why? Is there something else? You want me to give you a ride every morning?

Ji Eun: Then why do you keep on following me?

Ryu: (Chuckles) I just want to piss you off because you looked so cute when you’re annoyed.  

Ji Eun: Aish, Ryu-ah! (She said really annoyed to Ryu)  

Ryu: So cute!  

 

            As Ryu have fun watching Ji Eun cute face when pissed off suddenly someone bumped into Ji Eun strong enough to make her fall down. However they didn’t saw who that is because the students already started to come in. Ryu helped her up and asked if she’s okay.

 

Ji Eun: I’m fine.

Ryu: If I found out who that is…

Ji Eun: He or she didn’t mean it. You have to control your temper not all people do bad things.

 

            But when she got to her locker there’s another vandalism that is written to her own locker saying she’s a “Hooker” and like before she just ignored it and wiped it off.

 

Mina: Need help?

Ji Eun: (Nod)

Sae: How are you and my brother? (She asked joining with wiping the locker)

Ji Eun: We already talked and we’re okay now.

Mina: That’s good.

Sae: By the way, you know how I really don’t like Ryu for you, right? But I found out that lately he always comes home late from the practice that he’s preparing for you. So I can see that he’s really serious about you.

Mina: Really? What is it?

Sae: (Shrugged) I don’t know, ask her.

Ji Eun: I don’t know anything either.

Mina: I also found out that every morning he gives you a ride.

Ji Eun: Yeah but I already asked him to stop, especially now that his fans are already threatening me thru texts and letters.

Sae: (Chuckles) I’ve been there, when they found out that Jun and I already together they did send me a couple of death threats but I just ignored them and it even made me stronger. As long as I know that we love each other I’m fine.

Mina: Me too, they made pranks to me but I’m happy that Lee talked to them and made them stop then he told me that I should not mind them because what’s important is that us.

Ji Eun: Wait. Wait. But Ryu and I are not in…in r-relationship. I’m doing this because…because he’s my friend.

Mina: Then why are you stuttering like that huh?

Ji Eun: Nothing…

Sae: There! We’re done!

 

            Finally they were able to erase it all. They went to the girl’s rest room to wash their hands.

 

Mina: Let’s go before we get late.

Ji Eun: Go ahead, I’ll pee first.

Sae: Okay.

 

            Ji Eun took a pee, washed her hands and went out to go to the room however the three bullies blocked her way and took her back to the rest room.

 

Ji Eun: You again? What do you really want?  

Leader: Of course your money.

Ji Eun: There! (Throwing her wallet to them)

Leader: Looks like you’re getting tougher huh!

             (Picked up the wallet) Another 3,000? You’re really poor.

Ji Eun: Yes, everyone… k-knows that. (She said trying to be brave)

Leader: Okay I’ll tell you what we want. We want you to stay away from Ryu. That’s all!

Ji Eun: You mean you like Ryu that’s why you’re doing this?

Leader: Well, something like that? I can’t tell you now.

Ji Eun: What… i-if I don’t w-ant to?

 

            She gulped and felt really nervous as she asked her. But then her other friends clench Ji Eun’s arms.

 

Leader: Huh, you really wanna know? Let me just show you what I can do.

 

            The leader hold her nape hard and put her head in the sink full of water for 5 seconds then she pulled her head up again.

 

Leader: Now you know. I’m warning you.


~After Class~

           

            Ryu was all excited to show Ji Eun what he prepared for her for a week that he brushed off as soon as they got dismissed. He waited for her at the parking lot but while waiting for her he noticed that the wheels of his motor are flat. But what surprised him is that a hole was made purposely.

Ryu: Really? What is their problem? Aish! 

 

            He said kicking the wheel angrily and waited for Ji Eun again. Then after a while someone came in but it’s not what he’s expecting and it’s not only one person but 4 guys. They are students like him but they are from different school.

 

Guy1: You’re Ryu right?

Ryu: Why? 

Guy2: Huh, so you’re the guy who likes our Ji Eun!

Ryu: (Laughing) Your Ji Eun? Are you kidding me? She will never like any of you!

Guy3: What?

 

            Guy3 tried to punch him but Ryu was able to dodge then he was about to punch him back when he remember what Ji Eun told him that he has to control his temper. So then all of the four guys start to hit him but Ryu just moves away and tried to avoid all of it. However suddenly someone shouted stop and since Ryu knows whose voice it is he looked back and was not able to avoid the punch from Guy 4! He was thrown on the ground with blood on his lips while Ji Eun runs over him worriedly.

 

Ji Eun: Are you okay?

Ryu: (Smiling) Very much.

Ji Eun: Who are you?! Why are you doing this to him?!

 

            She said to the guys but the four guys only bowed down to Ji Eun and then quickly run off without saying anything.

 

Ji Eun: Who are those guys? Do you know them? Are they?

Ryu: No, it’s not them. Actually, they are your admirers.

Ji Eun: M-my admirers? (Pointing to herself)

Ryu: Yes.

Ji Eun: Then why didn’t you fight back? Isn’t that you said that we have to defend ourselves?

Ryu: Because you told me to control my temper, so I’m practicing it. Besides they’re no good.

Ji Eun: Are you insane? What if they killed you?

Ryu: You said it yourself not all people are bad. Well, forget about it we have to go now.


~Cooking Club Room~

 

Sae: So is that another new dish?

Jun: Yeah. (He answered bluntly)

Sae: Are you preparing for another competition?

Jun: No.

Sae: What’s the matter? Are you okay?

Jun: Yes, I am. (But he answered sadly)

Sae: Jun, what happened?

 

            Jun stopped from what he is doing and faced Sae then he pulled out a folded mail from his pocket and handed it to her, so she read it quietly.

 

Sae: This is…

Jun: From a school in Europe. They wanted me to be their student. Someone referred me to them and they saw my potential but…

Sae: You should go. This is a big opportunity.

Jun: What?

Sae: This is for your future, so I’m happy for you.

Jun: That’s it? You’re okay with it?
Sae: Yes. Why not?

Jun: Okay.

 

            He muttered then he walked away, Sae was really confused why he acted like that so she run after him.

 

Sae: Jun-ah! Is there anything wrong with what I said?

Jun: Yes, you said its okay!

Sae: What? (Confuse) I’m thinking what’s good for you.

Jun: Yes, but what about us? Have you ever thought about it? Looks like you don’t even care.

Sae: It’s just that… (However she was lost for words)

Jun: What? It’s easy for you to let me go. Do you really love me or you just care about me?

Sae: Of course I do love you. But that is your future you can’t just stay here because of me.

Jun: But what I want most is to be with you. I can study here if I wanted to.

Sae: So you will just throw it out like that?

Jun: To be with you yes! Why? You will not do the same thing for me?

            Jun waited for her to answer but she wasn’t able to answer and just cried.

 

Jun: So…you will leave me?

Sae: I don’t know.

Jun: Just yes or no.

Sae: Yes. But that doesn’t mean that we will not be together anymore. We do really love each other, that’s why I know we’ll be able to overcome that situation.  

Jun: That’s not the point.

 

            He said with tears on his eyes then he left her.

-----------------

Thank you for reading! Subscribe and leave a comment! God Bless! <3