CHAPTER 22: You’re the girl for a guy like me

Flavor of Love

 

            The next day Ji Eun kept herself busy, the moment she opened her eyes she fix herself then she went to grocery after that she clean the whole house then do her laundry then she tried to sleep again however for her time move slowly and whatever she does something always pops up in her mind even if she doesn’t want to think of it.

 

~It’s too late his lips touched hers!!!!~

Ji Eun: Aaaaaaaaaa!!!!! No! No! No… What should I do? What should I do to forget about it? And since when this time is in a slow motion? (She complained to her wall clock)

 

            She stomped her feet like a child as she went to the kitchen to eat an ice cream still hoping that by doing that she’ll be able to forget about what happened but it’s only for a moment and then it pops up again. However she received a text that might help her forget it, well, for a while.

 


 

            It’s been a while since Mina went to his gig so Lee decided to just go and visit her in their new business. When he got there Mina’s mother was there talking to stranger who looks really mad while talking to Mrs. Yang. But when she noticed Lee watching them she begged in a low voice to the man to give them another chance until the next day. The guy did not agree and gave them until tomorrow then he walked away. 

 

Lee: Good Morning Mrs. Yang (He said as he walk towards her)

Mrs. Yang: Lee, it’s been a while. How are you? (She made a fake smile)

Lee: I’m good, Ah…I’m just wondering if Mina is there?

Mrs. Yang: Mina!! (She called)

Mina: Oh, what are you doing here?

Lee: Just visiting.

Mrs. Yang: Go. Go. It’s ok.

 

            So Lee and Mina take a walk for a while. Lee was observing Mina and was waiting for her to say something but she just kept her head down and quiet.

 

Lee: Why you never went to my gig again, huh? (He’s half jokingly)

Mina: Sorry, but I can’t go there anymore… and maybe…in school too.

Lee: Hey, are you serious?...But…why?

Mina: My dad…he was fired and now…he can’t find a job.

Lee: …But you don’t have to stop from school.

Mina: I have to find a job to help my parents, and also to pay our debts.

Lee: I’m sure there’s another way. You, we need to finish high school.

Mina: (Shook her head) I don’t know. This is the only way I can think of. I really have to go now.

 

            Then Mina left Lee there still can’t believe of what he just heard and then he remember the guy that her Mom spoken to a while ago.

 

Lee: So they only have until the other day.

          I have to do something for her. Think Lee, think!

 

            Every one of their close friends received a text stating the condition of the family of Mina and as soon as they received it they went to Lee right away.

 

            Ji Eun quickly move as soon as she know about Mina, she went out of her house but in her surprise Lui was there.

 

Lui: Haha! Surprise.

Ji Eun: I hate you when you do that. You never told me when you are coming.

Lui: It’s just that I like surprises.

Ji Eun: So did you also receive the text?

Lui: Yup, and I’m here to fetch you since I don’t know her house.

Ji Eun: You forgot something.

Lui: What? What is it?

Ji Eun: You promise to bring something for me neh? Did you bring takoyaki?

Lui: (He shook his head) Nope. But…this!

 

            Lui showed a ticket for his next chess fight.

 

Ji Eun: Woah! So it’s okay with you now?

Lui: Yup. It’s because I know I’m going to win in this one.

Ji Eun: You always win but you never wanted me to watch you.

Lui: Not always. So can you come?

Ji Eun: Sure. I’ll save that day for you. You know how I really wanted to come.

 

            Then they both went to Lee who is just waiting for them at the side of the street. All of them came except for Ryu. Lee tried to contact him but he’s out of reach so he didn’t bother him anymore.

 

Lee: Ahm, this operation will be called To Sell Tofu!

Jun: It doesn’t sounds good, change it.

Lee: What about Operation Mina?

Sae: As if she’s sick. Operation To help Mina to sell Tofu.

Lui: You just put them all together. Just Operation Tofu.

 Jun: That’s good, simple.

Ji Eun: Waaaaiiit!!! Why are we all arguing about this? We need to start the operation.

Lee: She’s right. We have to sell all the tofu and help her father to find a job.

Ji Eun: I can go house to house to sell tofu and promote them as well.

Lee: Okay, Lui should go with you.

Jun: I can sell it to my cook friends.

Sae: I can stay here and help Mina.

Lee: Good. Then I’ll go and look for his father’s job.

 

            All together they went to the Tofu Store and meet Mina there. She was confused at first to see them all standing there but then Lee explain to her everything. Mina was teary eyes after knowing what her friends were going to do for her and her family.

 

Sae: Saved that tears Mina. When we were in your position you also helped us.

Ji Eun: We’re friends and friends help each other.

Mina: Thank you. (She bowed to them)

Lee: Just like Sae said save it.

          Okay! Let’s start now!!!

 

           

            Everyone go to their respective tasks. Sae helped Mrs. Yang and Mina in making tofu and selling them in the store, since she’s new with this kind of job Mrs. Yang teach her on how to do it. Though it’s difficult for her she tried her best to help them.

 

Sae: Does your siblings know about this?

Mina: No, they wanted to keep it from them as much as possible since they are too young in dealing with this kind of things.

Sae: You’ve grown a lot neh?

        Before what you only think is to go after the guy you like but now you’re also thinking of your family’s future.

Mina: I always think of my family. (She said defensively)

Sae: What I mean is you have more responsibilities now.

Mina: Look who’s talking. Before you’re only focus is sports but now you are able to express what you feel to the person you love.

Sae: I’m pretty expressive with my feelings.

Mina: Not always. I guess we’re all more mature now.

 

            While on the other hand Ji Eun and Lui go house to house to sell the 10 buckets of tofu they brought with them. They divided it into two and Ji Eun raise a contest of who’s going to finish it first. So after about two hours they meet again and Lui was looking so fresh that it looks like he didn’t have to exert an effort to sell all of it while Ji Eun was all tired doing all the sales talk and convincing them.

 

Lui: What took you so long? I’ve been waiting here for an hour now.

Ji Eun: It’s easier for you because older ladies like a school boy like you.

Lui: It’s not about the looks, it’s about the skills. You might be jealous neh?

Ji Eun: You know I’m really wishing that you should found the right girl for you.

Lui: … Why? (He looked away)

Ji Eun: I just think that having a girlfriend for you will be good. You want me to look for you?

Lui: I don’t want to! That girl will be there on the right time.

Ji Eun: Then when will be that right time huh?

Lui: Why you? You don’t even believe in this kind of stuff but why are you telling this to me?

Ji Eun: Because…I know you’re truthful to your words and you keep your promises.

Lui: Then should I tell you about my true feelings for you?

 

            He said to himself looking at Ji Eun with full of hope after he heard those things from her however she respond to him right away as if she read his mind.

 

Ji Eun: But it’s a different thing to me, I just don’t believe in it.

Lui: But…What if… a truthful person like me came into your life, will you accept his love?

Ji Eun: Then he it’ll be just like you and I would feel like he’s my brother too!

Lui: Huh, like a brother. (He muttered)

Ji Eun: What?

Lui: Nothing. Come on we have to go back now.

           

             While Jun with the use of their car he brought with him 7 buckets of tofu and went to his friends to sell it to them, most of them at first they are hesitant to buy but after Jun show them how good the quality of the tofu is and also telling the story about his friend (who is Mina) they willingly to buy it and some of them even gave extra money to help. Lee on the other hand goes to different places and even used the internet just to find a job for Mr. Yang. However it’s much difficult than he thought it would be. He can’t find a compatible job for her father until his last choice is to ask for his uncle’s help.

 

            It’s already sunset when the Tofu store closes and for the first time all of their tofu were sold out. Mina and her mother were very grateful and thankful to all of them that they weren’t able to control their tears because of happiness.

 

Mina: Thank you very much, this will be a very big help to us.

Ji Eun: Here’s the money that we earned and guess what they also promise to me that they will go here and buy your tofu again.

Jun: Here’s my share. They said that the quality is good that’s why they paid extra.

Lee: And…as of for me…I found a job for your father. It’s in our uncle’s business. He would start on the lower position but…

Mina and Mrs. Yang: Thank You! (They both bowed down to them)

Mina: This money is more than enough in paying for all our debts.

Mrs. Yang: Helping us is already too much and finding a job for my husband is…

 

            She wasn’t able to continue her sentence because she cried and just hugged all of them.

 

Mrs. Yang: Mina is really blessed to have friends like you. We don’t know how to pay you all back but if you need any help we will always be there.

 

            So Ji Eun and Sae started to cry too after hearing that from a very loving mother. Then after a while Mr. Lee walk in looking tired and confuse after a long day looking for a job. But after Mina explained to him everything what happened his tears burst out and even kneeled and bowed down to each of them to express how thankful he is.

 

            Another day has passed and their friendship is going stronger every day, though all of them were all worn out they are all happy to help especially to a friend like Mina.

           

           Mina and Lee went out together to have their dinner, with their hands held each other. But then Lee stopped for a while.

 

Mina: Why?

Lee: Close your eyes.

 

            So Mina closed her eyes.

 

Mina: Yah, don’t do anything stupid.

 

            Lee also closed his eyes and then he kissed her tender lips. Mina immediately open her eyes with surprised but it was cut short when Lee said to her that...

Lee: This might sound selfish but Mina-ah, you’re mine. I... love you.

Mina: Who's going to take me away from you anyway? 

 

            Mina let out a smile then shyly she hugged him.

 


 

            Since it’s been a very busy day for Ji Eun from the moment she opened her eyes this morning she didn’t even realize that Lui carried her to her bedroom. She’s sleeping deeply as Lui stared at her delicate face.

 

Lui: (Sigh) Ji Eun, you asked me a while ago to look a girl for me…well, I tell you I already found that girl the moment I saw her and… I’m now standing right in front of her. But... I can’t be selfish for what I feel.

 

            He paused for a while and took a deep breath to gather all his courage but the next things he told to her make his tears fall down.

 

Lui: I know…I know you don’t feel the same way as I am because for you I’m your shoulder to cry on and will always be your brother.…But Ji Eun…I love you, I love you more than just a family and more than just a best friend. That’s why I can only say these things why you’re asleep; I don’t want you to be confounded then hurt because of me but…but, how I wish you could hear this.  

 

            He brushed his fingers through her hair and then he wiped away his tears as he walked away. 

  

-------------

Thank you for reading! Please Subscribe and  it'll help me alot if you'll leave a comment too... :D God Bless!