CHAPTER 11: Determination

Flavor of Love

 

 

                                                            [Motor Shop]

 

            Ryu went to his friend’s motor shop with his wrecked motorcycle.

 

Ryu: Gil!

Gil: What brought you here? Long time no see. How’s your motorcycle?

Ryu: I need you to fix it. (He showed it to him) How long will it takes?

Gil: I don’t know the extent of the damage so I can’t tell.

Ryu: I’ll pay you, just finish it tomorrow night.

Gil: Huh? I can’t. For what I see this will take a week.

Ryu: I can’t wait that long! I need to finish my business with them. So help me.

Gil: You know this isn’t about the money. I’m just telling the truth.

Ryu: Then I’ll help you, just tell me what to do.

Gil: (Sigh) Okay, let’s do our best to finish this.

Ryu: I’ll be back; I just need to see someone.

 

                                                            [Hospital]

 

            In the hospital Lui was the only one who is still there waiting for Ji Eun to wake up. After a while he heard Ji Eun moan and so he went quickly to her side then he saw her open her eyes.

 

Ji Eun: L-Lui? Where am I?

Lui: At the hospital, you fainted.

Ji Eun: I wasn’t able to finish it.

Lui: Take a rest. You did your best; actually we are proud of what we saw.

Ji Eun:  But we’re almost winning. How come my body gave up that easily?

Lui: I said take a rest, you don’t know how worry I am. How could you continue with that condition? Are you insane?

 

            He said in a very firm tone then he left and at the door he saw his sister and Mina standing, they looked at each other but then he still walked away.

 

Sae: He’s just worried and tired.

Ji Eun: I understand and he has a point.

Mina: How are you feeling?

Ji Eun: Good. But there’s a bit of pain in my wound.

Mina: Where did you get that?

Ji Eun: In the house I was cleaning and tripped.

Sae: The doctor said it’s like someone did that.

Ji Eun: (Worried) Huh? N-no…

Sae: You’re definitely lying. What happened?

Mina: Tell us so we can help you and report this to the police.

Ji Eun: I-I can’t. But don’t worry; they will not come after me again.

Sae: What? They? Who are they? They might be dangerous!

Ji Eun: Please understand me that I can’t tell you about this for now.

Mina: But are you sure that they will not come after you again?

Ji Eun: If that happens I’ll call you right away, that’s a promise.

 

 

[Grandma’s House]

 

Grandma: What brought you here? Is Ji Eun with you?

Ryu: No. I came here to ask for money.

Grandma: For what?

Ryu: For my motorcycle it needs to fix right away.

Grandma: Why so sudden?

Ryu:  Because I have a fight tomorrow night.

Grandma: Didn’t you learn your lesson?

                 No! I can’t borrow you money!

Ryu: I’ll do anything you ask me for! I just need to finish what I started with them! So please…

Grandma: Is there anything that I have to know?

Ryu: Why?

Grandma: Where did you get all those wounds? And how’s the Sports Festival?

Ryu: Did my brothers called you?

Grandma: They are worried after you left in the school and told me that you’re acting so weird. Now tell me everything before I let you have the money that you’re asking for.

 

            So Ryu tells her about what happened.

 

Grandma: How’s Ji Eun now?

Ryu: I don’t know. I haven’t visited her yet.

Grandma: If they were able to do that, what will happen to you when you get there?

Ryu: I don’t care. I just wanted to finish what I have with them.

Grandma: Just be careful. Call me after your fight because if you didn’t I’ll call the police right away.

Ryu: I promise.

 

            Then after taking the money, Ryu went back to his friend’s shop.

 

Ryu: How’s it?

GIl: Well, we can finish this but I can’t guarantee you how well its performance would be.

Ryu: Okay, no problem.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            After Mina and Sae left, Lui came in again.

 

Lui: A while ago…

Ji Eun: It’s okay, you actually have a point. What’s good is I did my best. But…can I ask you something?

Lui: What?

Ji Eun: Do you know where I got this?

Lui: I’m not dumb not to know, don’t worry I won’t tell them for you.

Ji Eun: Thanks, another question…Ah, Mina and Sae brought some foods and flowers that came from Lee and Jun but they were not able to come because they are worried about their other brother but they are also worried so they will visit me tomorrow and…

Lui: What do you wanna ask?
Ji Eun: Ahmm, Where’s Ryu? Is he mad?

Lui: First of all he doesn’t have any rights to get mad; second I don’t care where he is.

Ji Eun: (pouted) why you are so mad at him even before this happened? I know he is short tempered, a womanizer, talkative but…

Lui: You just said what I don’t like to a person.

Ji Eun: You two could be good friends.

Lui: Stop saying silly things, it’s already late so take a sleep now.

Ji Eun: What about you?

Lui: I’ll stay here.

Ji Eun: You don’t have to. You can see I’m fine now.

Lui: I know. But I want to stay here with you and... can you promise me one thing?

Ji Eun: What?

Lui: Don’t do that again; don’t make me that worry about you again. (He said while holding her hand)

Ji Eun: (Smile) I’ll do my best!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The Next Day…

 

            When Gil opened his eyes he saw Ryu continue what he left last night.

 

Gil: Hey, let’s have a breakfast first we will need it. My treat don’t worry.

 

            So they went at the nearest cafeteria.

 

Gil: You are so determined to finish them; I haven’t seen you before like this.

Ryu: It’s because someone was hurt because of them.

Gil: Did they do that to you?

Ryu: (nod)

Gil: Then they are dangerous, so what’s your plan?

Ryu: To win the game.

Gil: And if you lose?

Ryu: I will not lose.

 

            After taking their breakfast they went back to Gil’s place and continue fixing his motorcycle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina: Hello Ji Eun!

Ji Eun: Hey…

Sae: Looks who’s here…

Ji Eun: Jun. Lee. (Then she looked at the door still waiting for someone but no one appeared) Hi! Good afternoon.

Jun: I made you some another food.

Lee: And I brought some DVDs in case you get bored.

Ji Eun: Thank you. So hows…

Lee: Oh him? We don’t know but grandma told us that he’s under control so we don’t worry about him anymore.

Sae: What you need now is to get well.

Mina: So did the doctor already visit you?

Ji Eun: Actually, yes and good news I’ll go home tomorrow and he said that I can continue my meds at home. (Smile)

Sae: That’s good news! Does my brother know about this?

Ji Eun: (nod) He just went out to buy something.

 

            Then after Jun, Lee, Sae and Mina left, Lui came in with some fruits and also with some visitors.

 

Lia: Hi Ji Eun.

Tomo: We brought some flowers.

Jae: We already miss you.

Tomo: Oh shut up he misses you so much.

Jae: She already knows that. I texted her after I knew that she had an accident.

Tomo: Creep.

Jae: Whatever.

Lia: You two keep quiet we’re at the hospital or you just want me to fire the two of you? (She’s angry but still had a sweet voice)

Ji Eun: I also miss all of you.

Jae: You’re going to be fine right?

Ji Eun: Of course, the doctor said that I can go out tomorrow.

Lia: That’s good and don’t worry about your leave, okay? It will not affect your salary.

Ji Eun: Thank you Ma’am.

Tomo: How come when I got…

Lia: (She faced him) you want to get fired?

Tomo: O-of course n-not.

Lia: Good.

 

            When they left more visitors came to visit Ji Eun but this time they are from her admirers, classmates, and other friends from school.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            It was already pass 7:00pm but they are still working on his motorcycle. Gil is already tired but when he sees the determination on Ryu’s eyes it gives him the motivation to finish it. It’s exactly 9:00 when they finally finish it.

 

Ryu: It’s been a long time since I last saw her like this. Wow.

Gil: Yes she’s still beautiful. Try it.

            So Ryu ride in and started it then he drove off. However while in the middle of the road his motorcycle stopped.

 

Ryu: What happened?

Gil: Maybe it can’t handle the new motor. It’s too strong for her.

Ryu: Then what should we do?

Gil: Try it again and if it stops again, I’m sorry but we will change the motor.

Ryu: (Deep sigh) Please don’t give up…

 

            He tried it again and this time it didn’t stopped.

 

Ryu: It didn’t stop!

Gil: Yeah, but we’re not that sure. It’s still 50/50. Are you sure you want to continue?

Ryu: Yes. Thank you for everything.

Gil: No problem, just make sure you will win!

        Now try again until she get used to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: please comment and subscribe!!! :D God Bless!!