CHAPTER 37: Her Story

Flavor of Love

 

            The strong rain started to weaken but that didn’t move Ryu and Ji Eun from where they are. They look into each other deeply and with tears in their eyes.

 

Ji Eun: You really wanna know?

            It was the night when the accident happened…It was actually my birthday… I was really happy that time to see our family complete again…However, on our way back to our house they thought I was playing a song on my head phones…they didn’t know I was listening to them. 

 

            

             She paused for a while and wiped her tears away.

 

Ji Eun: I was…I was listening to their fights again…Well, I’ve seen and heard them fight on so many things before…But that night…it was different. I was at the backseat but it’s like I wasn’t existing at all. They are fighting in front of me, on the day of my…birthday…They are fighting about their divorce. They are…cursing and shouting each other like they were not married and said those promises with each other before! Then, after a while our car crashed…They died. They died cursing, hating and with no love with each other…It’s not death that made them apart…It’s their own selves!

            But…what hurts me so much is that…my last memory with them is that. And…it all happened on the day of my birthday. And now…you know what? My mother’s family still doesn’t accept me as part of their family...This is my life.

 

            Even if Ryu already prepared himself of what he’s about to hear from her however he didn’t expect that her life would be so much pain. That behind her charming smile is a very painful past.

 

Ji Eun: Now, I admit you are right…I’m afraid and too coward to admit that I’m starting to believe in love…But I don’t want it to happen, I hate it! Did you hear that? I hate it…So, let’s stop this. Let’s end it here…

 

            She wiped her tears again and was about to walk away when Ryu catches her wrist.

 

Ryu: Ji Eun-ssi…I don’t know how will I heal the wound of your past but I want you to know that… I may not promise you that we will always be happy and that we will be together forever as death will always be part of our life but… what I can promise to you is that my feelings for you will never be change I will always love you and be faithful to you. And…it will stay the same even if I have to wait until the end of time…

            Ji Eun bite her lower lip as she hears his sincere words for her like he’s talking deeply from his soul. Then she felt that Ryu slowly let go of her hand but he didn’t move from his place, and it hurts her so much when slowly she started to walk and took her bike from the back of the car then she drove off, leaving him there.

 


 

            Ryu drove off as fast as he can but whenever he remembers it his eyes would be filled with tears. He stopped the car in front of their house, he close his eyes, wanting the whole thing to go away. But deep down, he knows it wouldn’t.

 

            When he came in their house his brothers are waiting for him excitedly because they knew what he planned for her. But it’s not only his brothers who are waiting for him but also Jessica who already asked for his forgiveness and decided to support him about Ji Eun. However when they saw him so depress all they can do is to stay and sit beside him in the couch.

Lee: What happened?

Ryu: I thought making her believe in love is just easy…I didn’t know that her wound is much deeper than we thought.

Jessica: But you can’t just give up like that! We witnessed how you really love her.

Ryu: I’m not giving up but all I can do now…is to wait.

Jun: Until when?

Ryu: Until her wounds from her past will heal.


            When Ji Eun arrived in her empty house, she just threw her tired body and soul in her bed and just stared on the ceiling. She closed her eyes as tears flows down in her cheeks whenever she remembers what happened and is happening to her life. It was interrupted when after a while she receives a call from Lui.

 

Lui: Ji Eun, are you okay? I heard what happened.

Ji Eun: …

           No…I’m not. I thought it would only be hard telling him to stop but…I didn’t realize that it would be this much painful. It’s like I put a knife deeply into my own wounds.

Lui: That is because…you hurt the person that you love so much.

        Ji Eun, just be strong and if you feeling alone just call me.

Ji Eun: Okay…Thank you for everything…I’m really happy to have a best friend like you...

Lui: N-no problem. (Then he hangs up)

 

            The next two days for Ji Eun is like living with no existence she didn’t go to school and just go to work lifeless then when she gets home she’ll just stay in her room, she also eats less and didn’t want to go out. She also stopped communicating with her friends and when they visit and talk to her she just tells them that she’ll going to be fine. Like she’s a living dead just like before when her parents died. However this time she didn’t know how to move on because she’s the one who cause all the pain that she’s feeling now.

 

            Then another day has come to Ji Eun and still doing the same routine. However this time she made up her mind that she has to move on that’s why she decided to resign from the Rainbow Café and move on to another place.

 

Ji Eun: Ma’am Lia thank you for taking care of me. I really love working here but…I need to fix myself first. That’s why I’m resigning.

Lia: Ji Eun…just go back here whenever you want and…I’ll still accept you.

Jae: (Crying) Wah! My Ji Eun! Please don’t leave us!

Tomo: Ji Eun…did you really made up your mind?

Jae: Please Ji Eun…

Ji Eun: Yeh, I’m sorry.

Tomo: We will wait for you here.

Jae: Tell us when you are coming back.

 

            She nod then she gave each one of them a hug and then they started to cry but they were able to manage it.

 

Lia: So when are you going?

Ji Eun: Later…But please don’t tell this to my friends.

 


 

 

            When she got back to her house she packed all her things up and when she looked up on her phone she remembers Ryu. Ji Eun then thinks if she has to say her goodbye to him or not. In the end she decided that she just have to hear his voice again before she completely forgets about everything. So she called him and waited for him to answer it and every ring that she hears is like also losing a chance for him to answer it, she waited until she can only hear the busy tone from the other line. Ji Eun took a deep breath and then she thought that fate has already decided for both of them. She took her luggage and sadly left her house. However, when she opened her door she saw that someone was standing there.

 

Ji Eun: W-what are you doing here?

Jessica: Hi! (She smiles)

             May I come in?

Ji Eun: Sure.

 

            Ji Eun left her luggage at the side of the door and let Jessica come in to her house, and they sat on the couch.

 

Ji Eun: What do you want?

Jessica: First I wanna thank you because of you my husband is treating me well now…then secondly I want to apologize for all the troubles that I did to you…I am really sorry. You know if you get to know me I’m not really a bad person.

Ji Eun: Ah, okay. I get it. Don’t worry, I already forgave you. But I still need to do something.

Jessica: Okay.

 

            Jessica stood up and then she noticed her bag at the door.

 

Jessica: Are you going somewhere?

Ji Eun: Ah…j-just taking a vacation.

Jessica: Do…they know about this?

Ji Eun: Y-yeh.

Jessica: Have you talk to him?

Ji Eun: I can’t answer that.

Jessica: Ji Eun, I know I don’t have any rights to say these things but…please talk to him. I don’t know what happened to your past but…but you have to move on and care for the people who really love you now. Do you want to lose another person that you love in your life? Ryu is so depress right now that he didn’t do anything but to get into fights in streets…He also didn’t go to school and…I don’t know if he said this to you but…when we broke up he tried to commit suicide…You should stop pretending and open your heart, before…before it’s too late.

 

            Jessica left after saying what she has to say to her.

 

Ji Eun: S-suicide?

 

            Suddenly she then realizes that it might be the reason why he’s not answering her calls. Anxiously she tried to contact him again but it’s still the same. However she thought what would she say to him if ever they get to see each other? Ji Eun then took a paper and a pen to write the things she wanted to say to him and after that she decided to go out and look for Ryu. Ji Eun first came to their house and ask his brother.

 

Ji Eun: Do you know where Ryu is? I’ve been trying to call him.

Lee: He didn’t come home since yesterday.

Jun: But we have to let him now. Why are you looking for him?

Ji Eun: Nothing, just wanna talk to him.

 

            Then with no more words she left them.

 

Lee: I think she’s going to tell him what she truly feels.

Jun: Jessica our plan works. What did you tell her?

Jessica: I just came in time because she’s actually going. Well, I exaggerated a bit when I told her he’s suicidal.

Jun: Eh?

Jessica: What? I don’t know how to motivate her anymore.

Lee: (sigh) let’s just hope that she’ll be able to find him.

 


 

            Ji Eun only thinks of one place where he could be. With all her might she pedal her bike as fast as she can just to get to her parent’s grave.

 

Ji Eun: Ryu, why? You said you’ll wait for me until the end. But why are you doing this? Please, God talk to him and tell him to wait for me…

 

            She prayed from the bottom of her heart. Her sweat is all over her body as she kept on going on with all the strength that is left in her. Her mind and heart is what keeps her moving, she was almost there and Ji Eun can already see the hill from where she is, but then suddenly her weak and tired body refuses to go. She blinked and when she opened her eyes again she can only see her bike a bit far from her in a blurry vision, then she finds herself lying on the ground.

           She closed her eyes for a moment and then when she opened it again she found herself on a bed. When she looked around the people around her are all wearing masks. Ji Eun moved her eyes and looked up and saw a light that it’s not too bright but they were like sparkling crystals that is very beautiful in sight. Then suddenly she clearly saw her parents, smiling and extending their hands on her. She smiled back and then she closed her eyes happily.     

 

------------

Thanks for reading! Please comment and subscribe! btw, belated Merry Christmas! Keke~ God Bless!