CHAPTER 20: Questions

Flavor of Love

 

            Ryu was walking in the hallway when he heard someone called Ji Eun’s name so he walked towards where he heard it and there he saw that the man was giving his love letter to Ji Eun and she just want to happily accept it. When he saw that he quickly went over them, hit the hand of the boy and then he took Ji Eun’s hand until they got to the school’s library and let go of her hand. Ji Eun was surprise to see him and looking at her this time because for the past few days he just kept on avoiding her. No one’s talking that’s why Ji Eun took the opportunity to say what she’s really thinking for the past few days.

 

Ji Eun: Ryu, I’m sorry…I was thinking about what you said. You’re…right. I should not just let others make fun or do such things to me.

Ryu: Just now…Why do you have to accept that love letter?!

 

            Ryu asked her practically shouting with his hand clench.

 

Ji Eun: He made that letter to me…and it would be rude if I will not accept it.

Ryu: So you will accept it even if you don’t like that guy? 

Ji Eun: It’s because I don’t want them to feel bad, besides they all know that I don’t date. I don’t want to be mean to them.

          By the way why are you like this? You’re acting so strange lately especially to me.

Ryu: I’m not the one who’s strange, you are! Whatever you do, it always bothers me! It’s making me uncomfortable.

Ji Eun: Why? Did I do something to you? Is it because of what happened during her birthday?!

Ryu: You really wanna know?

 

            Ryu paused for a while and looked deeply into her eyes then he took steps forward until he reached her place and cornered her. Then he suddenly took her hand and put it into his chest. Ji Eun who is really surprise and confuse tried to take back her hand but Ryu’s grip is too strong.

 

Ryu: You want to know right? It all started when you touch this part of me…

Ji Eun: What?

Ryu: Since then my feelings got confuse…So there’s no one to blame but you.

 

            Ji Eun was really surprise to hear that from him and she looked at him scrutinizing trying to know if he’s just making it all up but his face is pure sincerity. She was about to say something to him when they heard steps outside so Ryu quickly covered and made her sit down with him. After a while Ji Eun’s phone rings and then they heard that the person is walking towards them.  Just in time the person reach where they are Ryu was able to hide his self. Lui shut his phone as soon as he saw Ji Eun on the floor.

 

Lui: Ji Eun? What are you doing down there?

 

            Ji Eun did not answer right away and just staring to Ryu who is staring at her intensely in one dark corner. Then she composed herself and look back to Lui.

Ji Eun: Haha! Hi. I was just…looking for a book. Sorry for keeping you wait. (She stood up and glance at Ryu from where he is hiding)

Lui: Its’ okay. Did you find it?

Ji Eun: Find what?

Lui: The book?

Ji Eun: Aha, No. I’ll just look for it tomorrow.

 

            So Ji Eun and Lui left and went to the sibling’s house. There Sae introduce Jun as her boyfriend. Jun was really nervous that he’s stuttering while answering her parent’s questions.

 

Mrs. Han: I heard that you recently won a cooking competition?

Jun: Ah, y-yes.

Mrs. Han: Can you cook for us someday?

Jun: (Smiling) O-of course. It’ll be…m-my pleasure t-to do that.

Mr. Han: Where are your parents?

Jun: My father is in a-abroad managing our business while my Mom… she a-already passed away giving b-birth to us.

Mr. Han: Us?

Jun: (Nod) we’re triplets.

Lui: Why my sister?
Jun: Ah…b-because…

Sae: Lui what kind of a question is that?

Mr. Han: Just let him talk.

Jun: I don’t see her just some kind of a girl, she acts like a…man most of the times and sh-she may not be as demure as the other typical girls, but… what I saw to her is…a w-warm girl who likes to eat and is…a-always th-there to help her friends and a v-very loving person. And…I’m always happy whenever I-I’m with her.

 

            Everyone was speechless after he finishes his sentence while Jun is anxious because no one was reacting until Mrs. Han clapped her hands.

 

Mrs. Han: Wow. You’re one of a kind.

Mr. Han: Yah! Just take care of our daughter okay?

Jun: (Smiling) Yes Madam, yes sir. I’m really happy.

Sae: Thanks mom and dad.

Lui: You’ll know what happened if you hurt her.

Mrs. Han: Ji Eun you’ve been so quiet all this time, isn’t he sweet neh?

 

            They all looked at Ji Eun who didn’t even react and just staring at her food. Lui called her but she’s really thinking deeply that she didn’t hear him, so he elbowed her and that’s only when they got her attention.

 

Mr. Han: Looks like you’re thinking someone… (He teased looking at his son)

Ji Eun: S-sorry.

Lui: Are you okay? Do you want to go home now? (He whispered to her)

 

            Ji Eun did not answer and Lui already understood what she really felt.

 

Lui: Mom, dad Ji Eun is already tired. I’ll just take her home.

Ji Eun: I’m really sorry aunty and uncle. I’ll just visit you someday.

       

            They excuse their selves and went out of the house.

 

Lui: Is this about him?

Ji Eun: Huh, n-no! Why would I think of him? Haha, you’re so funny.

Lui: You’re too obvious.

Ji Eun: I’m not thinking of him. By the way just go back there you don’t have to take me home.

Lui: It’s okay. I already told them.

Ji Eun: Listen, this is your last day here today and you should spend it more with your family.

Lui: But…

Ji Eun: No more buts. I know my way home.

Lui: You know…this past few days you…bother me.

Ji Eun: (After hearing that she remember what Ryu said to her) wh-what? I’m…bothering you?

Lui: Yeah, because lately you’re starting to keep secrets from me.

Ji Eun: Huh, I have lots of secrets that you still don’t know. (She pouted her lips and shook her head)

Lui: Aish. I know…I know…Go now before I change my mind.

Ji Eun: Okay I’ll leave now just promise me you’ll take care and don’t forget to bring something for me.

Lui: Of course.

 

            They hug each other then Ji Eun decided to leave, she took a bus on her way home and until she got from her bed she’s still thinking all about what Ryu said to her.

 

Ji Eun: What does he mean by that? Is he serious? Aaah!!! Does it mean he likes me? No, no…that’s not him…Ji Eun-yah! You know that’s not it so don’t be anxious…

 


 

            The next day Lui left early in the morning and he gave Ji Eun a call to say his goodbye and she complained why he didn’t told her that he’s leaving early in the morning but he told her that he doesn’t want to bother her more but the truth is it’ll be even hard for him to say goodbye if he see her there.

 

            On the other hand Ryu didn’t attend school today while Ji Eun tried her best to act on herself and forgets about what happened yesterday. Good thing her friends did not ask her much about Ryu because they all want to know more about what happened to Sae and Jun. After school Ji Eun went to her work and in her surprise from a far she saw a familiar figure with a motor in front of the Rainbow Café. So she runs towards him and immediately asks him.

 

Ji Eun: What are you doing here?

Ryu: I’m here for work.

Ji Eun: What?

 

            Then Lia came out when she saw them talking.

 

Lia: Ji Eun, you’re here. I want you to know that he’s going to work today and for the next three days.
Ji Eun: Next three days?

Lia: Yes, just a short time. He’s going to be our delivery boy and Ji Eun I want you to also know that we will be open in the next three days so I’ll be needing you tomorrow and the next days.

Ji Eun: N-no problem with that Madam...I’ll go work now…

 

            Then she’s about to get inside the café when Lia called her again.

 

Lia: Ah, Ji Eun one more thing. You’re not gonna work there now. You’re going with him.

Ji Eun and Ryu: Eh?

Ryu: I… can do this alone. (He said while trying to hide his smile)

Ji Eun: But Ma’am Lia you’re going to need me here.

Lia: Since we’re offering deliveries now our customers here is lessen and don’t worry we can handle it.

Ryu: But why does she have to go with me?

Lia: You’re going to deliver while Ji Eun’s job is interacting with our customers. She’s good in communicating with our customers that’s why she has to go with you. Besides this will be good for both of you because after your deliveries you can go home and study then. (Smiling)

Ji Eun: Thank you and we will do our best in delivering!

Lia: Thank you Ji Eun. Since they should order ahead of time I already have their orders here are the lists.

 

            Lia leave them and started working inside then Jae came in to give the orders they are going to deliver. He gave it to Ryu and while giving the orders he looked at him with fierce look but Ryu just ignored him.

 

Ryu: Why did you agree? (Curious)
Ji Eun: You have to know that I’m an employee here not the owner. I know you’re uncomfortable with me but this is work you have to do something about what you feel.

Ryu: Why are you like that all of a sudden huh? I’m not doing this for you.

Ji Eun: Really? Then what?
Ryu: To…answer a question.

Ji Eun: (Curious) what question?

Ryu: I can’t tell you…yet. You’ll know it someday but for now it’s a secret.

 

            Ryu get into his motor and so is Ji Eun and hold on to him making his heart beat fast but he compose himself then he drove off. Their first delivery is in a large company and they have 15 coffee orders from the workers there. Ryu distribute all the coffee while Ji Eun is doing all the talking.

 

Ji Eun: Ma’am and Sir thank you for ordering! We hope that all of you will enjoy your coffees just call us and we will always be happy to deliver it to all of you! (She said with smile in her face that melted their customers’ hearts especially the one giving them the coffee).

 

            Their second delivery is in a hospital for the nurses and doctors there, and just like before Ryu was the one who gives the coffees and Ji Eun did all the talking. After that they deliver the rest of the orders to different places like to a group of workers, to some houses and last to another company and finally they’re done.

 

Ryu: Aaah! Finally! That’s kind of tiring neh?
Ji Eun: Not at all it’s more tiring working in the café, but still I enjoy delivering.

Ryu: You…enjoyed it?

Ji Eun: Yeah, especially when I see them happy.

Ryu: Whatever. (A bit disappointed of her answer)

Ji Eun: Well, see you tomorrow.

Ryu: W-wait…

 

            Ryu wanted to drive her home but he got a bit scared to get rejected so he just changes his mind.

 

Ryu: Take care. Goodnight.

 

            Then they parted ways and the next day Ryu is present in school and he also started to join them in the table during lunch again, he’s also talking to Ji Eun again and of course their friends were all wondering what happened and like before Ryu and Ji Eun did not give them proper answers. After school Ji Eun and Ryu went straight to their work in delivering. For this day their orders were a bit more than yesterday so they did not waste more time and started to deliver it all. Like before they still have the same routine but this time they are getting use to it and both of them are really enjoying delivering.

           

Ryu: Where’s our next delivery? (He asked while driving)

Ji Eun: (Looked at a piece of paper) oh, we’re done.

Ryu: How come? That’s fast.

Ji Eun: At least we’re done now. Just stop right there.

 

            Ryu was about to start when he realize that it’s a good chance to drive her home so he did not listen to her and took a u-turn.

 

Ji Eun: Hey where are you going?

Ryu: Driving you home. Don’t talk anymore you can’t do anything.

 

            So she just let him drive her back home.

 

Ji Eun: Thank you. See you tomorrow.

Ryu: See you tomorrow, goodnight.

 

            For the next day they still have the same routine after school they both went to work and deliver. Good thing their friends were not suspecting them of working in same place together because it’ll be awkward for both of them. It’s because Sae and Jun are busy with their own world, while Lee continue his gig in the restaurant and Mina is busy helping her mother with their new tofu business but she goes and watch Lee if she has free time.

 

            Their deliveries today were much the same as yesterdays with few new customers. Now they are on their last customer who has a very big house like they saw in movies. They pressed the doorbell and after a while the gate automatically opens. They walk in with amazement in their faces.

 

Ji Eun: Wow, this is a very big house. I’ll sure be lost if I have a house like this.

Ryu: At least dreaming is free. Haha!

Ji Eun: You really know how to annoy me neh?

 

            Then Ryu gave her his famous evil-smile but she just ignored him and walked ahead. Ji Eun knocked on the door and waited for a minute then when it finally opens Ryu quickly presented the coffee while Ji Eun bowed down to greet their customer. However Ji Eun stopped from talking when Ryu interrupt her.

 

Ryu: Did you intend to do this?

 

            Ji Eun looked at him and was puzzled why he asked it but then she realized that he’s not talking to her but to their customer. When she looked at her she’s surprise that it’s Jessica.

 

Jessica: What do you think? Come in we have to talk.

Ji Eun: I’m…

Ryu: We’re not allowed to do that.

 

            Ryu gave to Jessica her order and took the hand of Ji Eun however Jessica catches the arm of Ryu and won’t let go of it.

 

Jessica: I’m not going to let go. I already did it before but now I will not do that.

Ryu: You’re the one who asked for this Jessica. Stop hurting yourself.

Jessica: You’re the one who keeps on hurting me. Let’s just talk.

Ji Eun: Ryu you should go talk to her.

 

            Ryu looked at Ji Eun then to Jessica and then he decided to let go of Ji Eun and went inside Jessica’s house. 

 

---------------------------------

What do you think about this chapter??? Sorry for a bit late update, this chapter is a bit long though...Please enjoy, subscribe and comment in my story!