CHAPTER 23: The Answer

Flavor of Love

 

            Ji Eun opened her eyes and thought that she’s just dreaming that’s why she went back to sleep, it’s only after a while she consciously realized that they have class today. So she quickly jumped out of her bed and fixed herself up, then took bread and put it in and run out of her house. However it made her tripped after almost stepping on something in front of her house. She got scratched in her knees but didn’t mind it and just look back to know what is it but it’s not what but who. Then suddenly the guy slowly stood up and looked at her seriously. He was wearing a thick jacket with a big back pack, sweaty and looking tired.

 

Ji Eun: H-hero? What are you doing here? 

Ryu: I came here to…talk to you.     

Ji Eun: Are you okay? You don’t look good.

Ryu: We need to talk.

Ji Eun: Wait. If you’re talking about what happened, I understand that you need to do it to save my life. It’s nothing, so can we just forget about it?

Ryu: What if I don’t want to? That kiss answered my question.

Ji Eun: I-it’s not a k-kiss, its CPR. And what question is that?

 

            He walks towards her before answering her question and looked deeply into her eyes.

 

Ryu: It’s a question of what I truly feel about you… Ji Eun-ah, I’m…falling in love with you.

Ji Eun: What? (She asked him then she made a laugh) Are you joking now? Aish, you almost got me there.

Ryu: I’m not joking. Do I look like I’m joking? After that kiss I went to go hiking just to think seriously of what I’m truly feel about you.

 

            He said looking straight to her and taking more steps towards her.

 

Ji Eun: Again, it’s not a kiss it’s called CPR. And stop saying these silly things. I have to go to school now.

 

            Ji Eun turn her back on him however she heard something slammed on the floor and when she looked back she saw him lying on the floor. She went over him and tried to talk to him but he just look confuse and when she touched his forehead he’s skin is so hot.

            So with no choice she tried all her best until she was able to put him inside her house and into the sofa.

 

Ji Eun: Now I know why you said all those things, you’re hallucinating.

         Just stay there I’ll go buy some medicines.

 

            So she went out and quickly bought an antipyretic drug for Ryu. When she got back he’s already asleep. Ji Eun removed his extra clothing first and also his shoes then she took some water and towel to sponge bath him after a while she asked him to sit up to drink his medicine. Ji Eun helped him to sit up then she gave him his medicine and a sip of water after that Ryu went back to sleep while Ji Eun continue to sponge bath him until she also fell asleep. It’s already pass lunch when she woke up and when she checked his temperature it’s in 38.5oc a bit lower than before. She stood up and prepared an instant soup for both of them. While preparing it she heard him mumbling so she quickly went over to Ryu. He’s in a semi sitting position and is half asleep.

 

Ji Eun: What happened? Are you okay? (She touched his forehead) Do you want me to call a doctor or I just need to bring you at the hospital? (She asked with concern)

Ryu: No…No…

 

            He mumbled but then Ryu pulled her towards him and hugged her.

 

Ji Eun: W-what are you trying to do, huh?

           

            She tried to push him away but even in that condition he’s still strong.

 

Ryu: Stay…so cold…

Ji Eun: Ah…B-but.You’re lucky that you have a fever because if not!

           

            So with no choice she stayed there hugged by Ryu that she can almost feel his heartbeat and breath. After a while he fell asleep again so she slipped out her body and put a blanket for him but then someone knocked on the door that made her jump in her place. Quickly, she tried to wake up Ryu but he’s not even moved a bit so she just covered him with the blanket. When she opened the door it was Lui.

 

Lui: Hey, how are you? Why didn’t you go to school?

Ji Eun: I’m…kinda sick. Oho! Oho! (She faked a cough)

Lui: She’s clearly lying. But why do you have to do that?

Ji Eun: Ah, how did you get here? You still have a class. (Trying to change the topic)

Lui: I just asked for permission. You want me to stay here?

Ji Eun: No, no need. I can take care of myself.

Lui: Okay.

 

            Though he’s still hesitant to go he just wanted to respect her decision and just left. Then Ji Eun went back to the kitchen to get a bowl of soup. Then she went back to him and tried to wake him up.

 

Ji Eun: Hero, Hero. Wake up you need to eat.

 

            Ryu slowly opened his eyes and saw Ji Eun with a bowl in her hand.

 

Ryu: Where am I?

Ji Eun: You mean…you don’t remember?

         Well, you’re in my house right now. You have fever, eat this it’ll help you.

 

            Ryu took it from her and started to eat. While eating Ji Eun kept on looking at him scrutinizing but he’s just quiet eating the soup and right after finishing it all up he went back to sleep.

 

Ji Eun: Good thing you don’t remember anything. How did you end up like this anyway?

 

            Then Ji Eun continues to stay by his side sometimes she watch television then sponge bath him again and she also gives him a lot of water and whenever she takes his temperature it’s getting lower or it stays the same. During dinner time she wake him up again and just like before after eating he just went back to sleep. Since it’s already time for her to sleep she went to her room and lied down on her bed but Ji Eun can’t sleep thinking about Ryu who is still sick outside.

 

Ji Eun: Should I go there? But I can’t just sleep beside him. Ji Eun, he’s sick you must take care of your sick friend. Right. 

 

            So she took her blankets and pillow and put it on the floor beside the sofa. Then she closed her eyes and was finally get her sleep when suddenly Ryu fell from the couch to her side with his left arm on her waist and then she heard him whisper.

 

Ryu: Ji Eun-ah. Thank you for taking care of me.

Ji Eun: What?

 

            Ji Eun moved away and then Ryu looked at her. He sat up and so is Ji Eun.

 

Ji Eun: Are you still sleeping?

Ryu: No, I don’t think this is a dream.

 

            She touched his forehead and it’s not that hot anymore then she notice that he was staring at her and when she looked at him and a tear came out from his eye it was like it’s holding it back.

 

Ryu: I was really confused about what I feel because I haven’t felt this feeling for years now and especially I don’t want to hurt you. But I want you to know that I’m serious about what I said a while ago.

Ji Eun: Ryu… I’m not like your girls so just quit fooling around.

 

            She was about to stand up when Ryu grab her hand and made her stay.

 

Ryu: I know you’re not just any other girl that’s why I told you that I’m falling in love with you! What do you want me to do just to convince you? What I’m feeling right now is true! (He was practically shouting) 

Ji Eun: Okay, if that’s the case I want you to know that I don’t date. You’re my friend and I don’t want to hurt you.

Ryu: Then I’ll make you believe in love and in the end you will not hurt me.  

Ji Eun: Just…stop it. That will never happen. Never. 

 

            She firmly said it then she stood up, took back her hand and goes back to her room. Ryu lied down again thinking of what he can do just to convince her.

 

~The Next day~

 

            When Ji Eun opened her eyes she was certain that she’s not dreaming because she didn’t get enough of sleep because of what happened yesterday. Timidly she get out of her bed and had her ready for school then she went out from her room and go to the kitchen but in her surprise she saw that her breakfast is served and Ryu is also there all dress up for school.

 

Ji Eun: How did you?

Ryu: I woke up early to go to our house then went back here to do this for you.

Ji Eun: Didn’t I tell you to stop? If you will not do that I can stay away from you if you want.

Ryu: Why are you like this?

Ji Eun: This is what I am, that’s it!

Ryu: Then… let me do three things for you and after that if you still don’t believe in love I’ll respect your decision.

Ji Eun: No. You’ll just get hurt in the end and I don’t want to do that.

Ryu: I’m ready; I’ve been thinking about this the whole night and don’t assume that I’m going to get hurt because I will not.

Ji Eun: Is this one of the three things? (Referring to the breakfast)

Ryu: No. I’ll tell you if it’s one of the three things.

Ji Eun: What if you’re just fooling me?

Ryu: Ji Eun, you have my word. I will show you the flavor of love. It’s courting you “The Ryu Way”. So do you agree?  

 

            Though she’s still hesitant Ji Eun agreed to him so just to make him stop.

 

Ji Eun: Okay but in one condition, no one would ever know about this and even what you feel about me.  

Ryu: What? We’ll keep this a secret? That would be hard to express myself to you.

Ji Eun: I don’t want you to get embarrass in the end. That’s too much.

Ryu: So…you’re really concern about me neh? (Smiling with his trade mark evil seductive-smile)  

Ji Eun: It’s because you’re my friend that’s all.  

 

            After finishing their breakfast they went out and Ryu offered a ride to Ji Eun.

 

Ryu: You’ll get late if you’ll not ride in.

Ji Eun: I’m already use to it. (She start to walk)

Ryu: Get in. Don’t worry I will park it a bit farther from school.

               

            She looked at him then decided to accept his offer. Ryu was very happy that he has this bright smile in his face while driving the motor. Just like what he said he stopped his motor a bit farther from the school gate. Ji Eun thanked him and then walked into the school. Both of them just act normal though it’s a bit hard for Ryu because sometimes while in class he wanted to give a letter to Ji Eun but he had to destroy it because of their agreement, sometimes he wanted to carry her books for her but decided to just walk behind her, sometimes he wanted to sit beside her during lunch break and talk about stuffs but he just have to stay to his usual place beside Jun and Lee. It’s even making him crazier when he sees Ji Eun with Lui it’s like he wanted to always appear in between them and interrupt them but he also wanted to show Ji Eun that he’s a man of his words so with all his best he tried to control his emotions and just be quiet in one corner while they are in school.

 

------------

Thank you for reading! Please subscribe and comment too! :) What do you think of this chapter? Any questions or some suggestions?