CHAPTER 24: First Flavor

Flavor of Love

 

Ryu: Good Morning! (He greeted her with enthusiasm)   

Ji Eun: Good Morning.

          You don’t have to do this.

Ryu: But I like to give you a ride so that you’ll not be late.

Ji Eun: It’s still early so don’t worry.

 

            Ji Eun started walking and Ryu continue to follow her from behind.

 

Ji Eun: Hero! Stop that. You’re like a stalker.

Ryu: This is the only thing I can do for you since you asked me to keep this a secret.

Ji Eun: Well…you…have a point. But still.

Ryu: What?

Ji Eun: Okay, okay!

 

            She said as she rides in his motor, this time Ryu made it faster so to make Ji Eun hold tight onto him.

 

Ji Eun: Yah! Slow down, please!

Ryu: We need to be there on time! Just hold tight!

 

            So Ji Eun was forced to hold on tight on him and again Ryu was really happy even for just that small thing his heart was like going to explode of happiness. When they got to their usual spot he stopped his motor then he made Ji Eun wait for him. He took out his phone and sent a message to her.

 

Ji Eun: (Reading the message) Meet me here after school.

          For what?
Ryu: Secret. But it’s one of the things that I was saying.

Ji Eun: Just tell me, there’s no difference.

Ryu: Nope. It’s a surprise.

 

            They walk together to their school and until their Ji Eun didn’t stop on forcing Ryu to tell her what he’s planning. The whole day Ji Eun didn’t stop on thinking about it, it’s not only because she’s curious about it but also she is somewhat excited of what is it. And so after school she was on her way to go to Ryu when Lui came in her way.

 

Lui: You’re in a hurry?

Ji Eun: Ahm…kinda. Why?

Lui: Remember the festival that we always go to every year? You forgot it already.

Ji Eun: Oh, that! Of course I do remember. But…I can’t go. I have something to do and…

Lui: It’s okay. I was going to say that I can’t come to. 

        So do you want me to give you a ride?

Ji Eun: No, no. I need to exercise. You know. Haha!  Sorry I have to go now.   

Lui: ...  

            Lui was just watching her ran off wondering what if she agrees to go with him and he didn’t have to lie of not going to the festival he will be the happiest person just like before however lately he can feel that she’s slowly slipping away from him. Though he knows that he doesn’t own her it still hurt for him to know that he will always just be a best friend to her.

 


 

Ryu: Okay you have to wear this blindfold.

Ji Eun: Why, why? I have to know where you taking me.

Ryu: I will not do anything bad to you.

Ji Eun: Then just tell me where we are going.

Ryu: Aish! Just put this on and trust me.

 

            She chose to trust in him and so she put on the blindfold then Ryu started his motor and hit the road.

 


 

            It’s been a while since Mina and Lee go out together so Lee decided to ask her out after their class. They went on a bar and Mina was a bit surprise because they were able to pass even if they are still minors.

 

Mina: How did you do that?

Lee: I know someone here.

Mina: Ah, now I know you also go in this kind of place.

Lee: Wait. This place is not like what you think it is.

Mina: It’s okay. I know that a lot of boys really want to go in this kind of place.

Lee: But you’re really mistaken. Come on we need to find a table and wait for them.

 

            A waiter gave them a table and waited for a while, the people started to come until the bar is already full it’s like there is a concert going on then the host of the bar welcomes all their guests.

 

Host: Hello everyone! Looks like everyone is really anticipating for this band; especially that this will be their last performance here! So without further ado, let us all welcome FIVE!!!

 

            The people scream out loud except for Mina who is really shock.

 

Mina: W-why did we go here?

Lee: I’m sure you miss their songs too.

Mina: B-but how about you?

Lee: Do you think I’ll do this if I’m not okay with it. Mina, forget about everything and just enjoy the night neh?

Mina: (Nod happily)

 

            The band played three songs and the crowd was really enjoying and singing with their songs even Mina and Lee sings with them. Before they go to their last song Nami took the mike and have a little talk with the crowd.

Nami: Hello everyone! First we are really happy for all of your support and as a thank you gift we wanted to announce that our first album will soon be out! Please support it too and one of the songs that will be included is the song called Her Story. For the special performance we call on our very close friend…Choi Lee! 

 

            Lee walk into the stage and everyone is whispering wondering who he is while others already know about him being the former member of FIVE. The spotlight was on him and he first smiled at Mina who is again surprise of calling out his name then he bowed down to each member including to their new leader.

 

Lee: Hello! My name is Lee and this song is for the girl that I love very much. Her name is Mina and she’s right there.

 

             The spotlight was on Mina who shyly smiled to the crowd whose eyes are all on her, and then Lee took the guitar and positioned himself. He first started to strum the guitar for his intro then he’s beautiful voice filled the whole place. While singing every line of the song he just kept his eyes with one person and that is to Mina. Mina can’t help herself but to cry it’s not only because of what Lee is doing for her but also because of the song that is actually the love letter she gave to him years ago that she thought he just threw away. It was stated how Lee changed the life of Mina through his songs. The letter was also about her first feeling when she saw him, where it is and how it is and then how her feelings towards him develop, that she was secretly in love with him and that it is her first love that she said it’s innocent, blissful and that what you only want is to be with the person you really love. Though it’s the story of Mina however from the emotion of Lee it’s like he’s saying it to her.

            When the song finally finishes the whole place was very quiet, speechless and just staring at Lee whose eyes were fixed at Mina. Then from one corner someone started to clap and so the whole crowd started to clap and even some of them were crying because of the sweet and beautiful message of the song. Lee bowed down to them and thanked all of them especially the band then he went back to their table with bouquet of roses and gave it to Mina who is still teary eyes.

 

Mina: Thank you.

Lee: I will never get tired of doing this.

 

            Mina hugged him and whispered something to him that left him stunned in his place and just have a very shy wide smile in his face.

 

Mina: (Whispering) I…Love you Lee.

 


 

            It’s been half an hour and their still on their way, Ji Eun who is really curious continue on bugging Ryu but he just kept his mouth shut and didn’t spill anything to her. Then finally after a long road he finally stop and helped her out of the motor, they took a walk first before they stop in a small hill. Ryu took out her blindfold and she saw that the sky is already dark good thing there’s a light post there to brighten up the place. There’s also food, her favorite takoyaki and different other dishes but what caught her eye is the two graves in front of her, who are her parents. Ryu bowed down to give respect to them and even if he’s just speaking to graves he just can’t help but to get nervous.

Ryu: Good evening sir, ma’am. My name is Ryu, suitor of your daughter. I know you can still hear me, that is why I want to introduce myself to you and also to say that I really love your daughter. I can’t explain how I fell in love with her but what I know is that I’m serious about her. She was able to make me feel this way again that I thought it’s already dead a long time ago. Please do help me too, to make her realize that love does exist. Thank you and I promise from now on I’ll take care of her. 

Ji Eun: How…how did you know this place? (She asked teary eyes)

Ryu: From your admirers too. I told you they know a lot about you.

Ji Eun: I-it’s been a while since I went here; I’m really sorry Mom and Dad I just got very busy in school and work. You’re always watching me there right?

Ryu: I know they mean a lot to you and I also want to do this to ask for their permission. You know whenever I want to be at peace I’ll go to my Mom’s grave and talk to her as if she’s really alive.

 

            After formally introducing his self to Ji Eun’s parents Ryu served the food for her then they started to eat. While eating Ji Eun was just quiet staring at her parents’ graves.

 

Ryu: Ji Eun, are you okay?

Ji Eun: Did you know why the relatives of my mother agreed to bury her here?

             It’s because before it’s one of her last wish to them, to be with my father forever.

Ryu: They truly love each other neh?

 

            Ji Eun did not answer and just ate a one whole takoyaki and then smile at Ryu.

 

Ji Eun: I’m really happy to see them again.

Ryu: One more thing, please look up in the sky and count up to three.

 

            She count in her mind and after counting three different fireworks came out in the sky. It’s so magical that they have different colors, shapes and it’s like they were under all the fireworks. They smiled happily as they watched it.

Ji Eun: Omo! That was awesome! (Ji Eun clapped with admiration)

          How did you do all of that?    

Ryu: Well, let’s just say I have enough help from someone. 

 

            It’s already late night when Ryu dropped Ji Eun to her house but you can clearly see on both of their faces that they are really happy. After he left her house Ryu phone called grandma.

 

Ryu: Grandma, thank you for your help.

Grandma: I didn’t do anything all of those things are your idea. So how’s it?

Ryu: I can say she’s very happy.

Grandma: Ahm…Have you and your brother notice something or someone?

Ryu: What do you mean? I don’t understand.

Grandma: Forget it, I’m just over reacting.

Ryu: You asked the same question a month ago. What really is it?

Grandma: Nothing. I’ll hang up now.

 

            She closed her phone and faced the stranger who is sitting on the couch.  

 

Grandma: I think they still didn’t notice it. Don’t worry.