CHAPTER 1: First Meeting

Flavor of Love

 

            A simple car ran very fast, passing all the other cars in his way. The driver pressed hard on the break as soon as he reached his destination. He parked it under a tree to protect it from the heat of the sun then he stepped out from his car together with his passengers. Still sleepy he outstretched his arms and then yawn. “Ah, it’s good to be back” He referred to the school they’re about to attend. “Hey, cheer-up. There are lots of good looking girls here.” He told it to the guy whose quiet leaning to their car. He has a wavy brownish hair and kind of serious face but like a god of some Asian myth because of his appeal and charm.

 

            Ryu did not answered back so the guy beside him answered for him. He has the cutest face among them with a clean cut black hair with the touch of some dark reddish in it. “Of course he knows that, he loves dating. How about you, Lee?” Addressing it back to the guy with a rocker-heartthrob like features.

 

            “How long the two of you will talk?” Impatient, Ryu asked them. But because they already used to his attitude when he’s not in the mood since from the womb of their mother until they become of what they are today, so they just handled it coolly.

 

Mrs. Chin: Class! Excuse me! Please be quiet!

 

            The adviser of 3-C tried to calm her students but it seems that they are much busy with their own businesses so they don’t care to listen to her. However when the door opened all of them stopped and stared to the people who came in, that eventually their new classmates or their old classmates. The students whispered to each other about the comeback of the famous triplet princes. One girl said “Oh, they’ve got even better”. On one corner someone said “Finally they are back, hopefully Ryu is now single” Then a guy said “Huh, as if they are really handsome they’re just some bunch of losers”.

 

Mrs. Chin: QUIET!!

 

            The class suddenly became quiet with their hands on their ears as soon as they heard her loud voice and the scratch of her nails against the black board.

 

Mrs. Chin: Well, it seems like you already know them so there’s no need for them to introduce their selves. So you can take your sit now wherever you want to.

 

            However before they even get to their seats one of the students stood up and said that she still don’t know the triplets so they still need to introduce their selves. Well, actually she lied because she just wants to hear them talk as if like they are talking to her. So they introduce their selves one by one starting from the eldest down to the youngest.

 

Lee: Ahm, good morning. My name is Lee. I love to sing and sometimes write songs. That’s all.

Ryu: I know that all of you here already know my name so there’s no need to say it.

Jun: I’m sorry he’s not just in the mood, you know. Well, he is Ryu and I am Jun the youngest of the three and I love cooking.

 

            He smiled then winked that made the girls hearts melted. And so after that they took their seats at the back.

 

Mrs. Chin: Okay now, we can start! Open your books on page…

 

          Before she even get to say the page the door opened again but this time it’s not a new classmate. It’s a girl with a long brown hair with some curls on its bottom part, she is simply beautiful even if she looks tired and with sweat in her face. She bowed to their adviser twice and enters in their class.

 

Mrs. Chin: Stop right there Ms. Ji Eun! Do you know what time is it?

Ji Eun: Aaah..8:30?

Mrs. Chin: You know the time but how come you are late AGAIN for I don’t know how many times!

Ji Eun: I’m sorry.

Mrs. Chin: Again? Well, I think you need to learn your lesson for the upcoming Sports Festival.

 

            Their conversation was interrupted when one of the boys stood up to defend his crush. “Ma’am you were late before but how come you were not punish?” Then the other boys in the room agreed to him and stated their feelings too.

 

Mrs. Chin: Quiet! I was late only once but Ms. Ji Eun here was late for so many times!  

Ji Eun: I’m sorry again. I know it’s my fault.

 

            Then she took her seat beside her friend Sae who has a short black hair and tanned skin, and at the back of her (Ji Eun) seat is Ryu.

 

Sae called her friend by whispering and by ducking her head to hide.

 

Sae: Hey, Ji Eun, how come you’re late again? Don’t tell me its traffic or you caught in an accident again.

Ji Eun: No. It’s because of Mimi. I brought her here at the rooftop. She doesn’t have any place to stay so I brought her.

Sae: Are you insane? What if she’ll get away? You need to surrender it in a pet shop.

Ji Eun: You know I can’t do that.

 

            After some time the bell rang for their lunch time.

 

 

            There are a lot of students at the cafeteria that only the lucky ones were able to get a table. One of them is Ji Eun and her friends. Sae who is sitting beside her then opposite to her is Mina that has a long straight kind of brownish hair, beside Mina is her first boyfriend Ren who looks like a rocker with his hairstyle and style of clothes though he’s not even part of any band. 

 

Ren: Hey, I heard that you have new classmates

Ji Eun: We do?

Sae: Yeah…Didn’t you notice the guy sitting behind you?

Ji Eun: Who is he?

Sae: Actually there are three of them.

Mina: Are they?

Ren: Oh! So the rumors are true! The triplets are back! How’s Lee and his band?

Sae: I don’t know, I’m not even a fan. All I know is that he’s not part of it anymore.

Mina: Speaking of the triplets…there they are. (Mina pointed at the entrance of their cafeteria as Lee and Jun came in.)

Mina: The tallest one is Lee, he was the lead singer and a former leader of the local band Five. He can play the guitar, piano, harp, violin, flute and drums.

Sae: The small one is Jun he is a great cook. He won a cooking contest twice before. And he’s the cutest among them. They are not identical but when you look into their eyes they all have the same chocolate brown eyes.

Ji Eun: How come you all know about this information about them?

Ren: They studied here before you came in they are ahead of us but they stopped.

Sae: As I remember the day you first attended in this school was the day they left.

Ji Eun: Now that make sense, by the way I thought they are triplets where is the other one?

 

            No one answered her but just a shrug from them.

 

Ren: Huh, I’ll take this opportunity to be a friend of Lee. Wait here I’ll call him.

 

            So Ren left them to invite the two in their table. While he was away the girls talk about the triplets.

 

Ji Eun: What was that Sae? “He’s the cutest among them.” (She said imitating her voice.)

Sae: I’m just telling the truth. That’s all. If there’s anyone here who is somehow have an issue with them is… (She paused and looked at Mina)

Mina: Hey! Why me?

Ji Eun: To whom? To Lee? (Her eyes are wide open showing that she’s interested.)

Mina: (Smiled) Stop it, I already have a boyfriend.

Sae: Yeah a stupid boyfriend.

 

            Their conversation was cut when Ren came in with the other two, Lee and Jun. They moved a little to give them seats.

 

Ren: Whoa, I can’t believe that I’m in a table with you. (Pertaining to Lee)

 

            Lee did not answered but only a slight smile, he seems like he’s not comfortable of where he is or of whom he’s with.

 

Ren: So are you planning to go back to your band? If you don’t ask, I am really a fan of your band before especially you.

Lee: No, I’m not going back to the band besides they already have their new main vocalist. (Still feeling uncomfortable)

Ren: So you’re going solo?

Lee: Maybe, I still don’t know. Ah, by the way…M-Mina how are you?

 

            Ji Eun, Sae and Jun looked at Mina in unison and waited for her answer.

 

Mina: I-I’m fine…how about you? (She said without looking at him.)

Ren: You know each other? You know my girlfriend?

Lee: You’re girlfriend? She was my classmate.

Ren: Cool! We can go out someday. The three of us.

Jun: Thank you for inviting us in your table. I’m Jun.

Ji Eun: No problem, she’s Sae and I’m Ji Eun.

 

            In the middle of their conversations Ji Eun suddenly stood up as she remembers her cat.

 

Ji Eun: Oh, I’m sorry but I have to go now.

Sae: Where are you going?

Ji Eun: To Mimi! (She shouted as she ran away.)

 

 

            On her way to the rooftop she noticed that something is going down so she quickly ran upstairs thinking that it was Mimi. Well she was correct it was really Mimi that is going downstairs but what bothered Ji Eun was that her cat looks scared and that there are sounds that are coming from the roof top.

 

            She opened the door and saw students that are fighting however it looks like it’s three against one. But the amazing thing is the faces of the three guys were really beaten up than the guy who’s just plain sweaty. To stop them from fighting Ji Eun shouted to them but they don’t even care. However when she saw one of the three guys took a baseball bat she ran over them to make him stop but because of her clumsiness she tripped and was about to be hit by the bat. It happened so fast that the next thing she knew was that the guy with a wavy hair catches her and protected her from the bat with the use of his own back. It left her frozen for a second with wide eyes then she redeemed herself again.

 

Ji Eun: Stop it! (She’s still hugged by the guy when Ji Eun screamed it to the three guys.)

Guy1: Ji Eun? I’m sorry we didn’t mean to hurt you.

 

            Then the guy hugging Ji Eun interrupted them as he composed his self.

 

Guy with wavy hair: So that’s your best shot?

Guy2: Come here if you want some!

Ji Eun: I said stop! What happened here?

Guy3: That guy brought a cat in our roof top and look what the cat have done. It pooped!

Ji Eun: What made you so sure it’s him who brought it?

Guy1: We saw him feeding it.

Ji Eun: You did? (Addressing it to the guy who saved her)

Guy: Yeah but it’s not my cat I already told them.

Ji Eun: He’s right it’s mine. I was the one who brought the cat. I’m really sorry for what Mimi did. Don’t worry I’ll clean it.

           

               The guy can’t resist her charm so he just accepted her apology.

           

Guy1: Okay apology accepted, we are also sorry for both of you. (They bowed down to Ji Eun but not to the other one, then they left them there)

Ji Eun: Hey, thank you for saving me and for feeding my cat.

Guy: Call me Ryu. (Cold tone)

 

            While Ji Eun is cleaning the area she notice that Ryu is having difficulty moving his shoulder and looks like it hurts, that’s why after she threw out the dirt Ji Eun ran at the clinic and asked some icepack then she quickly went back to the roof top.

 

Ji Eun: Let me help you.

 

            She asked him to remove his polo shirt leaving only a white t-shirt then she put the icepack in his affected part at the left shoulder.

 

Ji Eun: I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have left Mimi here.

Ryu: Yeah, if it wasn’t because of you I won’t be having this.

 

            Ji Eun has nothing to say because she knows it’s her fault that’s why she just continue to give him a cold compress. After a while Ryu stood and wore his polo shirt back.

 

Ryu: By the way the next time you try to save a life think if you are capable of doing it.

Ji Eun: I’m just trying to help.

Ryu: Well, thank you for your help. It feels good having a bruise in my shoulder. (He said sarcastically)

Ji Eun: I’m sorry again. Well, if you need anything you can ask me. By the way I’m Yoon Ji Eun you can call me Ji Eun.

 

            Ryu doesn’t seem to listen and just left her there.