CHAPTER 32: Fierce Ji Eun

Flavor of Love

 

            They went at the back of the café and both of them are very quiet but Ryu was the first one to break the silence.

 

Ryu: Have you seen it? The pictures?

Ji Eun: (Nod) You don’t…have to explain. I understand you…

Ryu: What? You understand me so you mean you believe what they’re saying?

Ji Eun: No. But I’m not your girlfriend, I don’t own you. So you have all the freedom to do whatever you want.

            Ryu can’t believe of what he just heard that’s why he could do is to look at her intensely.

 

Ryu: Ji Eun-ah! My heart only belongs to you no matter what! Don’t you still believe that? (He said angrily) 

Ji Eun: (looked away) Then…is Jessica getting a divorce?

Ryu: What? How did you know that?

Ji Eun: Just answer it.

Ryu: Yes.

Ji Eun: Is it because of you?

Ryu: Did she tell you that? When did you talk to her?

Ji Eun: She’s the girl from the pictures right?

Ryu: What else did she say to you? Did she tell you that I do still love her?

Ji Eun: … So it’s true that she’s the girl from the picture. (She said as she looked back at him) 

Ryu: She suddenly kissed me that time but I don’t love her anymore.

Ji Eun: Then…go talk to her and leave me alone from now on…

 

            Ji Eun went back to the café while Ryu decided to leave her alone for a while and went straight to Jessica’s house. When he got there he pressed the doorbell impatiently until Jessica opened the door and stepped out of her house and talked outside.

 

Jessica: I’m happy that you came. (Smiling)

Ryu: How did you know about the pictures? Why do you have to talk to Ji Eun?

Jessica: Because I was the one who told the student from your school to post it! I want her to know that we still love each other.

 

            Jessica said it without hesitations and with tears coming out from her eyes. But even if Ryu came to know the truth about Jessica’s involvement to the pictures he still can’t believe that she’s capable to do that.

 

Ryu: You’re really crazy.

Jessica: Yes I am! Why? You did the same thing before. You even kidnapped me just to be with me.

Ryu: We’re different because when I did that you didn’t even resist or fought because you also love me…but now I already told you that we’re done!

Jessica: Why? What did you see to her? She doesn’t even love you!

Ryu: Because for me… she’s like an angel who touched and… healed my heart. (he said intensely and sincerely)

 

            Jessica looked away with tears overflowing from her eyes feeling the pain from every word that she heard from the man she truly loves. But that did not stop her as she hugged Ryu.

 

Ryu: Jessica!

Jessica: Ryu please for the last time…just let me…before I truly let you go…

 

            So Ryu just let Jessica hugged him however suddenly her husband came in and thought that Ryu is Jessica’s man. Angrily he went over them and broke them up then he pushed Ryu away.

 


 

            Ji Eun made herself busy after her conversation with Ryu and she even took overtime just to forget about what happened. However after she closed the café on her way home she met the twins waiting in front of her house. She smiled to them bleakly. 

 

Lee: I know it’s hard for you to see us now but…can we ask if you already talk to Ryu?

Ji Eun: (Nod) Yeah.

Jun: Did he explain to you what happened?

Ji Eun: I think so, yes.

Lee: (To Jun) That’s weird.

Jun: Did you get angry to him?

Ji Eun: I…was surprise…I don’t know. Why?
Lee: We’ve been calling him but he turned his phone off.

Jun: You know Ryu, when he’s angry he does reckless things. That’s why we’re very worried about him.

Lee: We’ll go now and if you found out where he is just call us. And…please don’t tell grandma about this…

Ji Eun: (Nod) Kay.

 

            After they left she just stood there thinking about Ryu then when she finally made up her mind Ji Eun quickly borrowed the bicycle of her neighborhood. With all her might she runs it as fast as she can and as she continue to pedal it Ji Eun remembered her last conversation with Ryu making her motivated to be even faster.

 

 

Ryu: Ji Eun-ah! My heart only belongs to you no matter what! Don’t you still believe that?

Ryu: She suddenly kissed me that time but I don’t love her anymore.

Ji Eun: Then…go talk to her and leave me alone from now on…

           

            When she finally got to Jessica’s house she left the bicycle there and since the gate is open even if she’s already exhausted she ran towards them. She saw Ryu with blood on his right cheek and he was about to punch the husband of Jessica when Ji Eun stopped him.

 

Ji Eun: Stop!

 

            They all turned their heads on her but what surprised them was when she walked towards them and then suddenly gave him a slap!

 

Ji Eun: This is your entire fault.

 

            Jessica’s husband was surprise as he looked at her angrily.

 

Husband: Who the hell are you, huh?!

Ji Eun: I’m his friend. And you know what if you only loved her she will not be able to hurt other people.

Husband: I don’t understand what you’re saying. All I know is that man is her man!

 

            He was about to give Ryu another punch again when Ji Eun pull out a pepper spray from her bag and sprayed it to him just to make him stop. The husband screams in pain as he touched his sprayed eyes.

 

Ji Eun: Why don’t you listen to me first? Ryu told me that he doesn’t love your wife and…and I…believe that. She’s your wife you should’ve cared, trust, and love her and if you only married her because of your parents then try or learn to love her. 

Husband: You don’t know anything about this! Get out now before I kill you.

Ji Eun: So this is how you treated her? Making her life miserable?

Jessica: Ji Eun! Stop now! Who are you to defend me? I don’t need you!

 

            But that did not stop Ji Eun and just ignored Jessica.

 

Ji Eun: You’re a family now especially that…a life is about to be born.

Husband: Wh-what? Are you telling that…she’s…pregnant?

                 Jessica, is that true?

 

            Jessica cried and did not talk right away but then she answered him with a whisper enough to make them heard.

 

Jessica: Yeh…(She muttered)

Ji Eun: I read before that you grew up in a broken family; do you want your child to experience the same thing? You know how hard and lonely it is. Will you let that happen again?

 

            The husband put his head down and was speechless to hear that then tears came out from his eyes as he realized all he did to Jessica and felt guilty.

 

Ji Eun: It’s not too late to change. Do it for your wife and your child.  

           

            Then Ji Eun walked towards Jessica and also gave her a slap.

 

Ji Eun: That’s for hurting me and for Ryu.

            You should mind your husband as well as your child and not your ex-boyfriend and stop ruining other people’s lives.

            Jessica can’t say or do anything back to Ji Eun and just watched her go with Ryu. As they walked Ryu notice how Ji Eun’s nervous the whole time with her trembling cold hands and pale face. So he took her hand, interlocked it with his hands then he put it inside the pocket of his leather jacket.

 

Ji Eun: I…I’m okay…let go… (taking back her hand)

Ryu: Lie. (He said as he hold her hand)

        You’re so cool back there neh?

Ji Eun: You…you don’t know how n-nervous I am. I…I can’t still believe I was able to do that…

Ryu: You’re really good! You can be a psychologist or councilor someday.

         ‘“She’s your wife you should’ve cared, trust, and love her and if you only married her because of your parents then try or learn to love her”’. (He said imitating her voice and actions)

Ji Eun: Aish. That’s a really bad imitation.

Ryu: But how did you know that he’s her husband?

Ji Eun: Hehe…Actually I did not know he’s the husband of Jessica…

Ryu: Eh?!

Ji Eun: I really don’t know…My reflexes just run towards him and slapped him. (She explained innocently)

Ryu: Tsk, tsk, tsk. (He shook his head lightly)

         Then what about their baby?

Ji Eun: Well, that she almost blurted it out when we had a conversation.

Ryu: Ah, okay… But still thank you.

Ji Eun: I did not d-do it for you…but to the baby…

 

            However Ryu stopped walking and suddenly he hugged her.

Ryu: Whatever you say I still feel that somehow I was part of it and I was even happier when you believed in what I said. 

--------------

Thank you for reading! Please comment...and subscribe... God Bless! <3